RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2020, 01:36 PM   #1

No Explaining Taste

As the various manufacturers attempt to one-up each other with new & different front cap designs, strange things can happen. Below is an image showing what American Coach has done on the 2021 Eagle.

No slight intended to anyone who thinks it looks good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2021 American Coach Eagle.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	303329  
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2020, 01:46 PM   #2

Larry

The nose of that coach looks like some insect/crustacean.

I know that you are not enamored with what you call "Swoops and Swirls" paint jobs. And you are right, some paint jobs can become a bit ridiculous. But I have seen a new Entegra coach that someone paid a bunch of money to have painted one single color, and again, this is just my opinion, but I wouldn't own that coach.... it looks like those buses that many states use to haul prisoners from one prison to another ........... (JMO). People can get carried away. Dee and I recently left an NIRVC location that had a coach sitting there with probably the ugliest collection of bright and non-matching paint colors (bright orange was the predominant color)....... literally made your skin crawl when you saw it.

Now, as much as Swoops and Swirls have been around a while now, and are getting a little "long of tooth", I sure still get admiring looks driving my Imperial Swoops and Swirls coach around the country, so for now, it still looks darn good to me. 15 years from now, it might look a little like the Avacado and Harvest Gold kitchen of our first house.... but for now, it still looks good. The world changes....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 01:46 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Cool !
Old 10-04-2020, 01:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
As the various manufacturers attempt to one-up each other with new & different front cap designs, strange things can happen. Below is an image showing what American Coach has done on the 2021 Eagle.

Vaguely "Darth Vader-ish" front cap. Looks like it's meant to appeal to males.

Lesson learned in flipping houses in a previous century: women buy houses, men pay for them. Of course not so much as in the previous century, but dovetails with "happy wife, happy life."
Old 10-04-2020, 01:50 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:

Better photo.........don't like it, would be hard to clean.......back don't look much better.........just my taste, I am sure other's will like it..........butt for every seat!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	eagle.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	303332  
Old 10-04-2020, 01:52 PM   #6

Solo

Love the Suess saying in your signature area......... Nice observation on the world.

Gary
Old 10-04-2020, 02:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Larry

I know that you are not enamored with what you call "Swoops and Swirls" paint jobs. And you are right, some paint jobs can become a bit ridiculous. But I have seen a new Entegra coach that someone paid a bunch of money to have painted one single color, and again, this is just my opinion, but I wouldn't own that coach.... it looks like those buses that many states use to haul prisoners from one prison to another ........... (JMO). People can get carried away. Dee and I recently left an NIRVC location that had a coach sitting there with probably the ugliest collection of bright and non-matching paint colors (bright orange was the predominant color)....... literally made your skin crawl when you saw it.

Now, as much as Swoops and Swirls have been around a while now, and are getting a little "long of tooth", I sure still get admiring looks driving my Imperial Swoops and Swirls coach around the country, so for now, it still looks darn good to me. 15 years from now, it might look a little like the Avacado and Harvest Gold kitchen of our first house.... but for now, it still looks good. The world changes....

Gary

I kinda like the Battleship Cornerstone. Saw it in person. Grows on you.
Old 10-04-2020, 02:34 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Edsel.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 02:36 PM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Looks like a mad, ugly bug
Old 10-04-2020, 02:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Larry

Gary
Gary, I've seen the same single-color Entegra you mentioned. In fact it was at Hearthside Grove in Petoskey when we both were there in August of last year (2019). As I recall the coach was parked about halfway between your site and mine. Didn't look too bad, but it was a bit stark for my taste.

Just my opinion, but 3S-4C paint schemes (swoops, swirls & stripes in four colors) are way overdue for retirement. I'm not a graphic designer, but surely there has to be something new & different between solid color and 3S-4C. Newmar is doing something a bit different on the 2021 King Aire – see images below. Still four colors and still stripes, but they eliminated the swoops and swirls. Maybe other manufacturers will get a little more creative as well.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2021 Newmar King Aire Paint-1.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	303337   Click image for larger version

Name:	2021 Newmar King Aire Paint-2.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	303338  

Name:	2021 Newmar King Aire Paint-3.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	303339  
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 02:56 PM   #11

Take the Classic Entegra exchange the lights, switch the mirrors and get rid of some color. Whola, a timeless work of art!

https://www.newellcoach.com/default....=xNewInventory
Old 10-04-2020, 02:58 PM   #12

May I propose SL-3C then?

Stands for: "Straight Lines - 3 Colors"

Gary
Old 10-04-2020, 04:27 PM   #13

Great thought Gary, I agree.
Dieselgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 04:28 PM   #14

When researching our purchase of a Coach, American Coach was one of the initial prospects, although at the time I remarked to my wife,"the front ends look so dated, plain, no interesting features, just a commercial looking front cap". I guess the saying "be careful what you wish for" applies in this case!
Like Solo_RV_Guy said, the designer may have a deep background in watching Star Wars movie's, although I hadn't initially liked the new Entegra front cap when offered, I have come to enjoy the look... maybe because I own one!
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote