RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2016, 07:13 AM   #1

No High Beams or flasher 2013 Anthem

I haven't driven at night since last trip to Florida 2015 so I don't know when the high beams failed. When I press down the hi beam button on steering wheel lights go out and when I release no high beams. In addition I noticed my ICC flasher button is no longer flashing my running lights. Also my dimmer switch on dash no longer works either. Dimmer has defaulted to bright. So I only have the two out side lights. The larger light (Hi-beam) does not come on. I did remove and checked bulb. Ok.

I talked to Dave at Spartan and we removed power from the controller mounted behind front cap. (metal box with cooling fins). by removing power wire to controller then turning off battery disconnect and then pulling F-10 c/b. We waited 4 or 5 min hoping for reset but no help. No help! There is no smart steering box on this chassis in electrical compartment below drivers seat. There is a small plastic block labeled Headlamp Flasher emulator with two wires plugged into it . Spartan part #3630-GG5-001. It is located in the electrical compartment. I pulled the wires out still no help. I think I may try to replace this emulator.

Looks like I am destined to return once again to Entegra or Spartan after my Florida stay. Please share any knowledge or experience you may have.

Bob C.
bobcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2016, 07:43 AM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Did you pull the turn signal lever to change from low to high Beams?

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
www.entegraowners.com
2017 Anthem DEQ/Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 09:36 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcor View Post
I haven't driven at night since last trip to Florida 2015 so I don't know when the high beams failed. When I press down the hi beam button on steering wheel lights go out and when I release no high beams. In addition I noticed my ICC flasher button is no longer flashing my running lights. Also my dimmer switch on dash no longer works either. Dimmer has defaulted to bright. So I only have the two out side lights. The larger light (Hi-beam) does not come on. I did remove and checked bulb. Ok.

I talked to Dave at Spartan and we removed power from the controller mounted behind front cap. (metal box with cooling fins). by removing power wire to controller then turning off battery disconnect and then pulling F-10 c/b. We waited 4 or 5 min hoping for reset but no help. No help! There is no smart steering box on this chassis in electrical compartment below drivers seat. There is a small plastic block labeled Headlamp Flasher emulator with two wires plugged into it . Spartan part #3630-GG5-001. It is located in the electrical compartment. I pulled the wires out still no help. I think I may try to replace this emulator.

Looks like I am destined to return once again to Entegra or Spartan after my Florida stay. Please share any knowledge or experience you may have.

Bob C.
This is a few years old knowledge and I am not sure the newer smart wheels are the same.
But on our 14 Allegro Bus when we had these types of issues with the buttons on the wheel. It was a broken spring inside the steering column. They had something they called a clock spring inside. And when it broke, the wheel buttons did do funny things. It was a simple fix for the mechanic.
Old 11-26-2016, 10:38 PM   #4

Our 2013 Anthem has the Lo/Hi Beam switch on the turn signal stalk not the steering wheel. The lever has a forward and rearward movement and detents in addition to the turn signal motion. My understanding was that the "headlight button" on the steering wheel simply flashed the head lights to signal to the vehicle passing you it is clear to change lanes and/or recognize them for signaling to you..... Same with the running light button on the steering wheel. It just flashes them and does not turn them on or off per se.

It is confusing a bit on our 2013 between the daytime running lamp control and the headlights. The headlights are always on Lo beam when the engine is running and in gear. Since ours are HID lights there is no dimming of the Lo beams for DRL operation. Since you indicated you checked the bulb..???.it sounds like the lights on your coach are not HID..??? Big difference in bulbs and checking them and failure modes.

Are you sure the headlight switch is on and/or operating? The headlight switch seems redundant at times because of the implementation of the DRL feature on our coach. The head light switch SHOULD turn on all the running lights in "parking light mode" - first on detent. And it should turn on the head lights and running lights regardless of DRL if the engine is not running. Does the headlight switch work or affect any thing?

I did have problems with getting the fog or running lights to operate on our coach. I do not believe they ever worked but only realized it fairly recently. After much confusion and trouble shooting I finally deduced that it was the SCM (the large finned box on the left side you mentioned) but took it to Spartan in Charlotte to verify before buying and SCM and discovering it was not the problem afterall. Spartan confirmed it was a bad SCM and replaced it and all works. So....it could be the SCM but it seems like an unusual failure.

Have you checked all the grounds to the SCM and the chassis. Ask Spartan where all the ground locations for the SCM and the chassis lighting are and verify they are good. When more than one system is acting up like that it reeks of a ground problem. A supply problem usually only affects one lighting system but a single bad ground can affect many different systems as they get power by independent wires but all ground thru the same connection(s). Seems like most electrical problems I run down end up being a ground problem.

Good luck. I would seek a Spartan dealer help as all that wiring is Spartan's not Entegra so Spartan knows much more about it. I was surprised at how little even the best electrical guy at Entegra knew about the Spartan side of the wiring!!