Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2017, 07:12 PM   #1

No power to hose reel or power reel

I've had the switch removed from the hose reel for some weeks, as I have been replumbing the wet bay a bit. I hooked it back up today, chased down the obligatory leak, and then found that the hose reel would not retract. I looked at the fuse bay and saw a fuse for the power reel but not for the hose. My brother checked, and reported that the power reel wasn't working either. The fuse (F13) is not blown. It is a 10 amp fuse, and the label sheet on the door calls for a 20 amp fuse (!) but it is not bad.

So, why do I not have power? The switch I reconnected is a momentary-on rocker, and it's DC, so it shouldn't have mattered which wire went on which spade. I fear something inside that incredible huge tangled mass of completely unlabeled wiring that lurks over the top of the wet bay.

Does anyone have some words of wisdom? A hidden fuse elsewhere? Any idea how I can fix this?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2017, 07:14 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good luck!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:42 PM   #3

Your brother is a really great guy!
Old 09-04-2017, 08:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sespe View Post
Your brother is a really great guy!
Well, I could tell some stories.... but then, you would too. I guess it's a standoff.

And thanks for the help today. Is your neck burned as red as mine from the sun?
Old 09-04-2017, 11:15 PM   #5

Ow. Ow. Ow. Yes.
Please, let someone tell us there is an in line fuse to check (I'm DeeGee's little brother). I hope this doesn't turn into a tough one to chase.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:51 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
DeeGee,
I think it may make difference how you hooked the switch up. Generally speaking if you reverse the leads on a dc motor the direction of rotation will change. Here is a picture of the way mine is hooked up, hope this helps.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1453.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	258.6 KB
ID:	175651
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:03 AM   #7

I will share this only on the off chance you got caught by something dumb like I did. I lost power to the same two reels, turned out the dogs had stepped on the main power switch inside the coach. Once I turned the main power back on everything worked again.

I hope that is all it is for you, if not, good luck!

Mike
Diesel Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:50 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Just a shot in the dark, but my rocker switch appears not to work on occasion, so by pulling on the water hose or 50amp power cord to make the wheel turn in the OUT direction, i can them push the rocker switch again, and it works.

Seems like a dead spot on the reel motors.

Hope this helps!
Cheers!!
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power