Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2021, 11:28 PM   #29

Afternoon all
On my 2017 Anthem, the back camera not working/no video detected, was the video splitter. Once we replace the splitter and unplug the front L/R mirrors back camera work perfectly. I drive about 500 miles so far and no issues. The front mirrors will be replace mid September.
Torrencefljr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2021, 06:59 AM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer2 View Post
I have a '21 Aspire and it has a box mounted to the ceiling of the same Driver-side compartment that houses the "Red Devil" Vacuum motor and bags. it Says "HDMI" on it. I havent looked into whether it is a switcher or the image processor for the 360 surround view or both. I had the no video detected message and the rear camera was inop causing the 360 view to also be unavailable. I unplugged the multi-pin White plastic Molex connector attached to the box and reconnected & that cleared everything up.
Sorry but I don't know whether this translates to older models.
Thanks for that tip on the 21, 360 degree cameras. I'm all in favor of a hard reboot.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 07:34 AM   #31

Good morning all!
We are having the same issue with the rear camera, as others have mentioned.
My first step was to unplug camera, at box in storage bay. Also unplugged another camera ( left side) and plugged the rear camera into that left side. That left side camera was then plugged into the rear camera side, simply switching ports.
I checked camera display, and everything worked correctly. Left camera showed up on rear, and rear camera on left.
I then called the camera manufacturer, and explained it.
They said that the cable running to rear camera is pinched somewhere, and that unplugging it, then plugging back in, creates a boost (surge), causing the camera to work.
I then called Entegra, explained it, and they said that it wasnít the case, and said the 12 volt switch needs to be turned off after it sits for awhile ( like a computer, needs to be shut down occasionally), to work properly.
Just wanted to mention it, because the 12 volt switch doesnít make sense to me...shouldnít need to be shut off as often as my rear camera has issues.
If anyone has actually found the solution to this, please pass it along.
Thanks, Bob
MuggsnMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 03:13 PM   #32

Canít believe I posted the same thing twice in the same thread. Probably have to spring for some Focus Factor.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 09:10 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the information, I will give that a try !
Les1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 10:17 AM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
My system is different that the one described above. River Park thinks I have a bad head unit so they are shipping me a new one. I am not quite sure what this is, but I will replace it when it shows up.
Old 09-01-2021, 10:55 AM   #35

The head unit (Core) sits in the cabinet above the drivers seat, just above the DVD player. I had a lot of problems with this component on our Ď17 until I began cooling it with fans.
Flanz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 05:28 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the information ! Several years ago, I cut cooling ports into the cabinet to increase passive airflow. The cooling fans are a great idea !
Old 09-01-2021, 07:28 PM   #37

If the core unit fixes your issue, itís in your best interest to add some form of cooling to keep you from constantly replacing the unit.

Iím on my fourth core! When the third failed, I determined that I needed to add fans to cool this unit, otherwise I was going to keep replacing it. I added fans 4yrs ago and I havenít looked back. Our Riverpark unit has worked and performed as designed.

If youíd like to do as I did, PM me and Iíll send you pictures of what I did to keep from purchasing a new core unitÖ..
Old 09-01-2021, 10:43 PM   #38

Camera

Hello, I know what u mean. We have a 15 Aspire which has sat most of the summer for one reason or another. I turned on my rear camera & get a gray screen with bunch of wavy lines in it. The two side cameras work as the main screen shows the side of the coach which Iím turning but goes blank again. Gong to call CS in the morning & see what they say. Hope it is something simple??
Thanks for the help bruce
Craneboy302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 08:29 AM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanz View Post
If the core unit fixes your issue, itís in your best interest to add some form of cooling to keep you from constantly replacing the unit.

Iím on my fourth core! When the third failed, I determined that I needed to add fans to cool this unit, otherwise I was going to keep replacing it. I added fans 4yrs ago and I havenít looked back. Our Riverpark unit has worked and performed as designed.

If youíd like to do as I did, PM me and Iíll send you pictures of what I did to keep from purchasing a new core unitÖ..
What symptom were you experiencing that lead to the core failure diagnosis? I have had issues with my XM radio never working as designed, but that seems to be the only issue with my original core unit. It seems to be about the only thing left to replace to get it up and running....even after the factory has attempted to "fiddle" it back to life on four separate occasions!
mymyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 08:44 AM   #40

I remember when I first got my rear observation camera, I got everything hooked up and got the same message: no video. Turns out I have to have the headlights in the "on" position. Not "auto" or any other setting. Just a thought.
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 12:08 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymyst View Post
What symptom were you experiencing that lead to the core failure diagnosis? I have had issues with my XM radio never working as designed, but that seems to be the only issue with my original core unit. It seems to be about the only thing left to replace to get it up and running....even after the factory has attempted to "fiddle" it back to life on four separate occasions!
All three units died the same way, a slow painful death from too much heat. The top monitor on the dash would just go blank. It ran extremely slow even tho we updated the SIM card twice. Could not connect via blue tooth at all. Not sure about XM since we donít subscribe. When things did work we could not connect to the Vegatouch at all.

Entegra replaced the first unit up in Middlebury and I did the other two. When I was doing the third unit I noticed how hot the cabinet and core unit was getting. Decided to call Firefly and Riverpark and both CS rep told me that they told Entegra engineers to not put the core in the cabinet above the drivers seat due to heat. This is why only the 2017 models have them above the drivers seat. Firefly also told Entegra to not put their router or processor in the cabinet above the fireplace due to heat.

I moved everything out of the cabinet, above the fireplace, except for our satellite box, put fans up in the overhead compartment and all has been good. Hoping it stays this way.
Old 09-20-2021, 06:46 AM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
I replaced the head unit yesterday, and there was no change. Exactly as it was before, I did check all my connections again and they are all intact. That leaves the silver box behind the front TV as the only unchanged component. I will be talking to River park today.