Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-29-2016, 10:27 PM   #15

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Barry,

When in doubt, Call Customer Service.

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
2013 Aspire DEQ
Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2016, 06:00 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
It is my understanding that Entegra ships the coaches winterized this may only apply doing winter months.

If those valves were left in the winterized positions that could be the reason for the none pumping issue.

Entegra is now installing an access door in the wet bay that hides these valves. I removed the door I do not expect to reinstall. The only purpose I see for the door is to add some freeze protection and cover up the ugly stuff.

Entegra is providing a quick guide for the different systems and chassis with photos now. This helps locate these valves and the proper position for the different functions.

Hope this helps,

Richard
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:13 AM   #17

To prime the pump, or to make sure it is primed, when connected to city water, fill the water holding tank until it over flows and then turn off city water. If you leave your pump switch in the on position, as soon as the city water pressure drops the pump should come on and the pump should prime.

Tony
2014 Anthem 44B
2011 Honda CRV
Old 03-01-2016, 08:24 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Those pumps SHOULD be self-priming at least that's how my Aqua-Jet water pump is.

Sure sounds like you have some valves positioned the wrong direction or you have an air leak somewhere.

I vote for calling Entegra and let them show you what has to be done.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 09:10 AM   #19

The pump is self priming. If you are sucking in air that usually happens when the sanitation valve is left open. That is the valve you open when wanting to suck in chlorine or antifreeze.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 02:21 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
pump lost it's prime

This happens every once in awhile on by Aspire. Especially when the tanks been drained empty. You should be able to hear your water pump running with the water bay door open. In your water bay you have a valve on the floor that drains the fresh water tank. With your pump running cycle this valve slowly a couple of times. You will hear your pump start to prime and build pressure. Works every time for me. Once it's primed run some water through your facets to get the air out of the system.
pttaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:46 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by katajami View Post
Look at the pump strainer and clean it
I had a similar issue and part of the problem was the strainer. Cleaned it and the pump seems about twice as strong. Also could be leaks. I assume nothing is leaking in the wet bay or elsewhere?

Is the hit water tank full? If the system has been fully drained and the hot water tank is not full that could be part of the problem.

Definitely find the pump. You should be able to listen for it.
isaac W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 05:42 PM   #22

It was the valve - it was left in the sanitation position. In the past two days I have learned about this, how to fix a broken window mechanism (gear teeth sheared off) with duct tape, and that when the bottom panels underneath the coach on the passenger side rip off and are hanging by one screw they make an odd chuffing sound at 65 mph.

Thank you to everyone who helped me understand and fix this one!

-Barry
Old 03-01-2016, 05:46 PM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Check your water filter. City water pressure might work, but your pump may not give you enough pressure.
Sjg1277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:38 PM   #24

I imagine you have had the same experience as most first timers - especially with the nomenclature in the Wet Bay(or the Water and Sewer bay to us common folk). The terminology in the RV industry does not always lend itself much help to new folks. I find your problem commom, and here's why:

-My 4 function water valve 'NORMAL' setting might mean to me that you switch to this when you are 'normally' hooked up to a water spigot, rather than when you want to use the water pump to draw water from the water tank
-does 'CITY FIXTURE' mean a water spigot(?), but can only be used if you're in a city? what about at a campground or rv park?
-does 'CITY FILL TANK' mean that the city is coming to fill your tank?

I know the answers to all of these questions, as I'm sure you do - mostly by trial and much error over the months. And, any 'instructions' included in your owners manual probably only serves to confuse even more.
Why aren't these labels more easily identified by us 'common folk'?(that's a question directed to the RV industry)

-maybe 'Use Water Hose' instead of 'City Fixture'?
-maybe 'Fill Water Tank' rather than 'City Fill Tank'?
-maybe 'Use Water Tank' versus 'Normal'?
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:26 PM   #25

It's been a continual learning process for me, and I'm sure it will never stop!
Old 03-29-2016, 08:11 PM   #26

Gasman2 nailed it. Fixed my problem EXACTLY that way. Yesterday! LOWER valve needs to point straight up. Otherwise, the line from the water tank is SHUT OFF!
midasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 08:26 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by midasman View Post
Gasman2 nailed it. Fixed my problem EXACTLY that way. Yesterday! LOWER valve needs to point straight up. Otherwise, the line from the water tank is SHUT OFF!
Now take a picture or mark the valves as to their normal position so if one gets moved in the future you can tell at a glance where to put them.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:36 PM   #28

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Knowledge is a wonderful thing!

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
www.entegraowners.com
2013 Aspire DEQ/Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags