Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2021, 12:21 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
To add to the list of possible reasons for the pump not working:

1) Pressure switch failure (common). Happened to my circa 2017 pump about a year ago. Replacement switch available on Amazon for about $12. Easy to change. To test you can short across it and see if the pump comes on.

2) Power switch failure, both SeaLevel gauges have a switch that controls the pump. Have you tried turning it on from both the wet bay and bathroom?

The fuse is on your G6 panel, on my coach it is white button B14 and is resetable.

Also there is no relay for the pump circuit in your model year.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2021, 05:28 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeezerViz View Post
Thanks all for the suggestions. I've turned the issue over to the fine folks at NIRVC. I'm sure they'll figure it out.
I hope you will let us know what they find. It may help the next person with the same problem. Plus I am curious.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 05:51 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Interesting that you don't use city water... You could save yourself several thousand cycles of the pump, and you might not be in the situation that you are in, if you did....

Gary
Many old timers got in the habit of using the tank only. My first class A, a 1973 28 ft Winnebago Chieftain did not have fresh water hookup, that I remember as I never used RV parks. 100% boondocking. All of my truck campers before that were tank and pump only. Like Old Biscuit, many times, especially with low CG water pressure, I don't even use the hose.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 06:54 AM   #18

This may not be the direction you want to go but Larry wrote a replacement pump/install you might want to search. Maybe some one can link it for you.
IIRCC, he was not enamored with Sure Flow pumps.
2017 Jeep JKU
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 03:36 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeezerViz View Post
Thanks all for the suggestions. I've turned the issue over to the fine folks at NIRVC. I'm sure they'll figure it out.
Any word on the solution from the fine folks at NIRVC

Dr. Mike
Dr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 04:14 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
You might want to check your pump back flow valve. This is from Anthem owners manual.

8. Water Pump Backflow Valve. Must be ON when using the water pump, must be OFF
when using City Water. If this valve is left ON when using pressurized City Water to supply water to the water lines in the RV, it can backfill the fresh water tank through the pump causing the tank to overflow. When filling the water tank from a pressurized source, the valve can be ON or OFF.
B-Man49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 08:35 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Mike View Post
Any word on the solution from the fine folks at NIRVC

Dr. Mike
No word today. I left the coach there, thinking they would contact me with an update. I'll have to check with them in the morning.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 07:18 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man49 View Post
You might want to check your pump back flow valve. This is from Anthem owners manual.

8. Water Pump Backflow Valve. Must be ON when using the water pump, must be OFF
when using City Water. If this valve is left ON when using pressurized City Water to supply water to the water lines in the RV, it can backfill the fresh water tank through the pump causing the tank to overflow. When filling the water tank from a pressurized source, the valve can be ON or OFF.
That wouldn't cause the pump not to run though. The valve being referenced here IMO is a CYA move by Entegra to deflect the real problem so they don't have to deal with the high rate of built in pump check valve failures.

The referenced manual valve was installed on my '17 in the wrong place and did no good whatsoever. When it was moved to the correct place it became a PITA. Invariably when breaking camp I'd forget to open it and next time we needed pump water to flush or wash hands on the road it required a trip back to the wet bay, remove the inner cover, turn the valve, etc.

The check valve built-in to the pump should be able to do the job reliably, consistently and automatically. But so many of the Shurflo pumps (especially the 4008) have this problem that Entegra's answer was to cheap out and install the referenced manual valve. Instead, many of us have added a secondary check valve of higher quality which fixes the issue correctly and IMO would have been the proper fix for Entegra to do. But they chose the $2 treat the symptom vs the $10 cure the disease option.

When my pressure switch on the factory Shurflo 4008 pump crapped out I removed the pump to troubleshoot it and decided to just replace it with a higher capacity Shurflo 4048 pump which after a year plus of full time use has never had the backflow problem. I keep my repaired old 4008 as a backup. BTW, the 4048 is much larger but it fits in the original location with no issues. I also installed the flexible hoses (aka silencer kit) and it does make it much quieter.

I am also of the "always run off the tank" mindset. I too have had leaks and burst hoses in the past that would have sunk my boat had I not been aboard when it happened. I always shut off the pump when traveling or leaving the coach and shut off the city water at the hose bib altogether if I'll be gone more than a day, eventually I will make this automatic.
Old 09-29-2021, 08:43 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdoc View Post
That wouldn't cause the pump not to run though. The valve being referenced here IMO is a CYA move by Entegra to deflect the real problem so they don't have to deal with the high rate of built in pump check valve failures.

The referenced manual valve was installed on my '17 in the wrong place and did no good whatsoever. When it was moved to the correct place it became a PITA. Invariably when breaking camp I'd forget to open it and next time we needed pump water to flush or wash hands on the road it required a trip back to the wet bay, remove the inner cover, turn the valve, etc.

The check valve built-in to the pump should be able to do the job reliably, consistently and automatically. But so many of the Shurflo pumps (especially the 4008) have this problem that Entegra's answer was to cheap out and install the referenced manual valve. Instead, many of us have added a secondary check valve of higher quality which fixes the issue correctly and IMO would have been the proper fix for Entegra to do. But they chose the $2 treat the symptom vs the $10 cure the disease option.

When my pressure switch on the factory Shurflo 4008 pump crapped out I removed the pump to troubleshoot it and decided to just replace it with a higher capacity Shurflo 4048 pump which after a year plus of full time use has never had the backflow problem. I keep my repaired old 4008 as a backup. BTW, the 4048 is much larger but it fits in the original location with no issues. I also installed the flexible hoses (aka silencer kit) and it does make it much quieter.

I am also of the "always run off the tank" mindset. I too have had leaks and burst hoses in the past that would have sunk my boat had I not been aboard when it happened. I always shut off the pump when traveling or leaving the coach and shut off the city water at the hose bib altogether if I'll be gone more than a day, eventually I will make this automatic.

Well, speaking from first hand experience, we were at NIRVC in Nashville this week to have our Retrobands replaced. We had power as hook ups, no water, no sewer. After we got set up wife tells me no water(running off water tank, had been on city water previously). Turned the check valve to the correct position and “VOILA” the pump starts and pressurized the system. Houston we have water.
B-Man49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 10:33 AM   #24

Heard from NIRVC today and they say the pump failed and needed to be replaced. That, along with a host of other issues, was fixed.

They didn't have my replacement Rettroband available but I did finally replace the Goodyear 670 steer tires. Zone 1 a/c unit was also dead but there aren't any replacement units available until after the first of the year. I'm most excited to get rid of Direct TV and get Dish instead. I guess those issues should be another thread...
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 08:19 PM   #25

I've said MANY times, DIRECTV is nothing but a pain in the butt,and DISH is Sooooooo much easier to work with.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 05:57 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man49 View Post
Well, speaking from first hand experience, we were at NIRVC in Nashville this week to have our Retrobands replaced. We had power as hook ups, no water, no sewer. After we got set up wife tells me no water(running off water tank, had been on city water previously). Turned the check valve to the correct position and “VOILA” the pump starts and pressurized the system. Houston we have water.
EXACTLY my point. If you turned it, it's not a check valve. Check valve is automatic and if it is working properly you dont need to even know it exists.
Old 10-01-2021, 07:55 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdoc View Post
EXACTLY my point. If you turned it, it's not a check valve. Check valve is automatic and if it is working properly you dont need to even know it exists.
OK, I will raise my hand-

What is a check valve, where is it located, and what function does it serve?

Dr. Mike
Dr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 08:45 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Mike View Post
OK, I will raise my hand-

What is a check valve, where is it located, and what function does it serve?

Dr. Mike

Dr Mike,

Check valves are one way valves that allow the flow in only one direction and stop the flow in the reverse direction. Similar in concept to a heart valve I suppose.
Youtube video for a more detailed explanation.
jeff.herren is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
water