Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2015, 06:55 PM   #1

Oct 31 build date, mid Oct paint for 2015

Anthem RBQ. Just got this info today. I had figure a mid Feb build. I sure missed on that. Seems it's been sitting somewhere for over 8 months. I'm obviously concerned about the batteries and flat spots on the tire. Anything else I should look for or be on the lookout for?

Dan
seeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2015, 07:27 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Check the mileage, then do the math. It wouldn't have shipped from the factory until Nov. Google the mileage from Entegra to the dealer, then subtract that from the current millage. That should give a clue to how long it has sat. Hopefully it has had a few test drives.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:34 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
You mean 2014 not 2015, right?
Old 07-14-2015, 08:41 PM   #4

No,2015, apparently an early build.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:50 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Now I am really confused. A coach that had been sitting somewhere for 8 months must have been built in late 2014 (like October 2014) October 2015 is in the future. Sorry for being a little slow, but I still don't get it. Maybe I should sit this one out.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:17 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
OK I think I get it now. You are talking about a 2015 model year coach built in October of last year (2014). Sorry.

Tires, batteries, roof, paint fade, too many test drives and RV shows, etc. Dealers are notorious for draining batteries because they don't want the genny running while they are trying to show the coach. They are sent from the factory winterized. If it is not still winterized, then the plumbing has been used.

I wouldn't be afraid to buy it, just make sure you get an appropriate discount for the wear and tear. Batteries and tires are not cheap. Make them give you a wax job before you buy it and have someone independent look at the roof. If you like the coach, go for it.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:19 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
All the makers start the new model year in the middle of the preceeding year...just the way it is.

The new model year designs are debuted in late spring and early summer.
Search for any brand 2016 model...they are being ordered by dealerships at this time.

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:35 PM   #8

Sorry if my initial post wasn't clear. I appreciate your input. I'd be real surprised if the coach were still winterized but I'll find out. I'm emailing my salesman as we speak.

Dan
Old 07-15-2015, 09:03 AM   #9

Just heard from the salesman again, Mileage 1284 and has been on their lot since early Dec. 2014. The coach was just de-winterized for delivery next week. I asked that the batteries be subjected to a load test.

Dan
Old 07-16-2015, 08:29 AM   #10

Sounds like you are talking to MHS on the coach....... That is almost exactly the mileage on my coach when I got it Feb 9th. My coach was built a few months after yours and has spent most of its time since then either sitting for the winter in Harlingen, TX (U.S. On it) or in my driveway so sitting is not your problem. If it is MHS, they have all their coaches connected to 50 amp power all of the time from when it is delivered to them from the factory until when it is put on the line to be sold and then bought. (they might be off power for a few days between arrival and moving into the shop for the delivery PDI by their own guys but at MHS, that is only a couple of days).

That is the issue.....has it been on power or sitting by itself?

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:56 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Gary just said what I was think. The dealer and how it has been sitting is the important thing. If the dealer is like MHS or Lazy Days they are kept plugged in for showing. Also, Entegra does warrant the coach for 2 years from time of delivery and they have been known to replace batteries even though that is not a warranty item.

This is the time of year that the price on the 2015 will be outstanding. Hope you are able to make a great deal and join the Entegra owners.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paint