Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2014, 10:22 PM   #29

I too had a smell and we do clean our tank and use the tank flusher. Seems like we only get the smell when driving. It was kind of hit or miss troubleshooting until I discovered its not the toilets as I suspected. It appears to be coming from the sinks. I poured a small amount of Downy into the sinks and no smell when driving. I'll discuss with Entegra and see what they recommend. We do have a PDI scheduled next month.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2014, 08:09 AM   #30

Service tech said he did not have to fully pull toilet but removed bolts and then slightly lifted toilet and then had access to the hose. TJ at MHRVS service at 800-335-6054 can help you with instructions. He did mine last week. Tommy
Ourrvtrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:25 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by taraf View Post
I was able to fix the one bathroom odor we were having...there would be a bad smell in the shower/vanity area when ever I turned on the overhead fan (to suck air out).
So, I unscrewed the J&B check valve and examined the little rubber gasket, it looked good. Then I screwed it back on and no more odors.
Tom
2014 Anthem 44DLQ
Tom
What exactly is a "J&B check valve"?
Are You talking about an "air admittance valve", (aka: a "mechanical plumbing vent")?
Wondering
Mel
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:39 AM   #32

Mel,
Yes, it's the vent for the sink, right next to the p-trap. Just unscrew the top of it and that part says J&B...on mine anyway.

Tom
2014 Anthem 44DLQ
taraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:41 PM   #33

I'll have mine looked at during my PDI; I want to have the cause corrected.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:03 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally View Post
I too had a smell and we do clean our tank and use the tank flusher. Seems like we only get the smell when driving. It was kind of hit or miss troubleshooting until I discovered its not the toilets as I suspected. It appears to be coming from the sinks. I poured a small amount of Downy into the sinks and no smell when driving. I'll discuss with Entegra and see what they recommend. We do have a PDI scheduled next month.

I checked under the sink in the bathroom and its definitely coming from under the sink. I'll discuss with Entegra next week at my PDI.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:33 AM   #35

Spartan Chassis
Hi All..
I was told that the reason to have your septic drain valve closed when Just using or flushing is to ensure you get proper velocity when draining.. This way you don't end up with a "Poo Pile" in the holding tank! And if that valve is left open, this includes grey water, you can get "Venting" from the whole RV campground..
Always made sense to me.. And Haven't had a single problem following this advice..
Ron
Entegra wanna be, but can't afford one!
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:05 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhusak View Post
Hi All..
I was told that the reason to have your septic drain valve closed when Just using or flushing is to ensure you get proper velocity when draining.. This way you don't end up with a "Poo Pile" in the holding tank! And if that valve is left open, this includes grey water, you can get "Venting" from the whole RV campground..
Always made sense to me.. And Haven't had a single problem following this advice..
Ron
Entegra wanna be, but can't afford one!

Are you saying to leave the grey tank valve closed while you are in the campground?

Why can't I leave it open? Six showers back to back, dishes and laundry makes for a lot of grey water.

Curt

Sent from my iPhone
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:22 PM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Curt, I have been leaving my gray tank valve open for many years with never a problem. I do close it the day, or morning before showers, when the black tank needs to be dumped. You have a mancerator so that shouldn't be a problem.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:28 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisgeiger View Post
Are you saying to leave the grey tank valve closed while you are in the campground?

Why can't I leave it open? Six showers back to back, dishes and laundry makes for a lot of grey water.

Curt

Sent from my iPhone

Curt,

You can leave the gray valve open. I've heard that argument before but in 7 years full time I can tell, you that my gray is almost always open. All plumbing going into the gray tank is protected by a P trap. Residential plumbing is open to the sewer lines.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:25 AM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the confirmation guys.

I have been leaving my grey tank open and will continue to do so.

I use the regular waste hose system when staying at a campground -- and the macerator when staying at a location without provisions for the regular waste hose.

Curt

Sent from my iPhone
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:38 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally View Post
I'll have mine looked at during my PDI; I want to have the cause corrected.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/odor-under-sink-revisited-213969.html I CHANGED mine 2 days ago very easy, chuck sent me the link I had a home depot closer though I stopped there they were 2.94 cents I have not smelled anything so far
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
odor