Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2022, 01:44 PM   #1

Oem navigation

Hope everyone is ok. My 2015 oem Nav screen is super difficult to load onto screen. Something pops up a mistake has been made try again. Is there a update needed and or where to find it for oem rand mcnally. Thx for advice
Poppedclams is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2022, 03:18 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Look for a small hole on the head unit it is usually marked reset, but may not be. Use a pen or a paper clip to press the button inside while the unit is on.

Also knowing the model number and make would be helpful.
nvs4602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 08:07 AM   #3

Maybe remove the SD card and try reloading. Reset your 12v as well.p(by the entry door).
You can also reach out to River Park for a NEW Updated SD card for about $150.00.

Iíve decided not to replace the head unit but there are Android units on Amazon under $150.00. Just want the latest OS.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 03:27 PM   #4

Well thanks for the info I will see what I can do.
Old 10-04-2022, 09:54 PM   #5

I had 0 luck finding a reset hole. It is not anything wrong except the navigation system. I reckon I can live without nav just thought would be nice on screen also up top.
Old 10-05-2022, 05:37 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I had the same problem on my 15 Aspire. Finally called River Park and they sent me a new updated SD card - free. This was a year ago. They said my card was corrupted - lucky me.
JohnArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 08:01 AM   #7

Popped, do you run a separate Garmin? If so, the RM isnít really needed.

The HDMI ports are on the right side of the monitor as you are looking at it. You can then mirror your phone or tablet on the screen. I use a FireStick but ChromeCast will work too. You Tube how to cast/mirror. Pretty easy.

We rely on our Garmin 770rv(older model) for general guidance but I base my route on our truckers atlas.
Old 10-05-2022, 08:03 AM   #8

John- did you have to send the sd card to them to get them to issue a new one?
I would upgrade if I could get one for free. They wanted $150.00 last time I looked into it.
Old 10-05-2022, 04:02 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I had to pay for my new card. I actually think it was worth the cost to have it up and running priperly.
jbhobbs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 05:52 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Tom - I pulled the SD card and put it into my home PC. Clicked on properties and saw there was thousands (30k+) of files. I called River Park and explained the situation and asked if that could be causing the problem. The gentleman gave me a definitive yes. He told me to send in my old one and when they received it they would send out a new one. I was very surprised there would be no cost. It was all done quite easy - like I said - lucky me. The navigation is and always has been adequate at best.
JohnArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 06:29 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppedclams View Post
Hope everyone is ok. My 2015 oem Nav screen is super difficult to load onto screen. Something pops up a mistake has been made try again. Is there a update needed and or where to find it for oem rand mcnally. Thx for advice
Remove the SD card. Go to Rand McNally website and download the Dock software, then update your SD card. Hard to tell if or when it has been updated last. It just may need a standard update that can be done at home.
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 08:19 AM   #12

Chuck, you may recall the OEM sd card is on the small side with regards to data.
I bought a larger sd card, downloaded software. Everything went fine. Installed card. It even started up but RM has encrypted the initial content to keep someone from doing what I did.
That was a year ago so I might be a little foggy on exact details.
Iím pretty sure my only choice is to purchase a new sd from Riverpark.
Glad others had success.
Old 10-06-2022, 08:53 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
Chuck, you may recall the OEM sd card is on the small side with regards to data.
I bought a larger sd card, downloaded software. Everything went fine. Installed card. It even started up but RM has encrypted the initial content to keep someone from doing what I did.
That was a year ago so I might be a little foggy on exact details.
Iím pretty sure my only choice is to purchase a new sd from Riverpark.
Glad others had success.
If the SD card has not been exchanged it will come up on the screen "not enough storage ". My last two new coaches had large enough cards but they haven't been updated.
My 21 couldn't find the way home from NIRVC until I updated the card when I got home. The 19 got lost coming back from the alignment shop until it was updated. It's free and worth a try.
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 09:05 AM   #14

Will Do. Thanks very much to all the group. Allowing us to learn as much as we have needed to get by until time allows the ups and downs Of functions that need to be learned.