Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2018, 03:01 PM   #1

Off to Montana and other places first long trip in the Anthem

Hi all,
We are off to Montana for our annual fishing trip. Went last year in the Insignia, so we are looking forward to comparing it to the new Anthem. We already know it's a much nicer coach. From there we cut cross country, southeast through Bowling Green for an endurance race at National corvette museum with my team, down through the Smokey mountains, then to the outer banks where we will meet up with family in their rv's. Afterwards, we are heading to NIRVC Atlanta to have a few issues checked, and hopefully fixed. Can't wait to leave, Sunday AM.

Where are you all going this summer?
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2018, 03:19 PM   #2

Congrats on the new rig! We love our Anthem! We're off to Montana, as well, in just a few weeks! Meandering up through Colorado, Wyoming, then into Montana. Have to feed my fly fishing addiction! DW knows it's the only way to get any work outta me for the rest of the year! Headed to Edgewater RV Resort in Lakeside, on the west shore of Flathead Lake south of Kalispell. Then back down through Teton National Park. I'm countin' the days! Where/when will you guys be in Montana? Safe travels and enjoy the trip!
Anthem15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem15 View Post
Congrats on the new rig! We love our Anthem! We're off to Montana, as well, in just a few weeks! Meandering up through Colorado, Wyoming, then into Montana. Have to feed my fly fishing addiction! DW knows it's the only way to get any work outta me for the rest of the year! Headed to Edgewater RV Resort in Lakeside, on the west shore of Flathead Lake south of Kalispell. Then back down through Teton National Park. I'm countin' the days! Where/when will you guys be in Montana? Safe travels and enjoy the trip!
We stay in or around Ennis and fish the nearby rivers, beaverhead, madison, galatin etc. This year’s stay will be short, 5 days, due to other obligations and destinations.

Enjoy your trip!
Old 06-22-2018, 07:08 PM   #4

Nice! Leave a few trout in there for me!
Old 06-22-2018, 07:12 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I envy you guys, that trip has been on the bucket list for 2 years. Last year the fires kept us away...this year picking up the new coach. Maybe a fall trip. Have a great trip and make a post or two of "where your Entegra is."
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I envy you guys, that trip has been on the bucket list for 2 years. Last year the fires kept us away...this year picking up the new coach. Maybe a fall trip. Have a great trip and make a post or two of "where your Entegra is."
Sure! You need to make this trip. Montana is magical and the trout big and plentiful
Old 06-23-2018, 05:34 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
We will be heading that way in July/August as well. Will be visiting Billings, Missoula, Polson (two weeks at Polson Motorcoach ) and then Dillon, MT. We will then work our way down to Ouray, Colorado for awhile and then make our way to Michigan for the Traverse Bay Entegra Rally ....

First stops on our way are Gillette, WY for the FMCA rally ... then Spearfish Entegra Rally ... then onto Montana .... life is wonderful and we are blessed, that's for sure!!!!
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 12:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
We will be heading that way in July/August as well. Will be visiting Billings, Missoula, Polson (two weeks at Polson Motorcoach )
We may need to check Polson Motorcoach Resort out. Never been there, but it looks nice!
Old 06-23-2018, 01:15 PM   #9

Quote:
I have heard great things about Flathead lake. Been past Grand Teton many time, even skied JH, but never visited GTNP. Maybe next year
Old 06-23-2018, 02:05 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
We stay in or around Ennis and fish the nearby rivers, beaverhead, madison, galatin etc. This year’s stay will be short, 5 days, due to other obligations and destinations.

Enjoy your trip!
Just curious, do you hire guides, do float trips, or just wade? We are in the process of getting our lake house ready to sell and I'd like to do more fishing as we travel in the motorhome. I can hire a lot of guides for what it costs to keep a second home and a boat [emoji6]
Old 06-23-2018, 02:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Just curious, do you hire guides, do float trips, or just wade? We are in the process of getting our lake house ready to sell and I'd like to do more fishing as we travel in the motorhome. I can hire a lot of guides for what it costs to keep a second home and a boat [emoji6]
We used a guide the first few times we went, in the 90's. It's a good way to learn the water and entomology. Once in a while we float either the Madison or Beaverhead. But we mostly wade fish. It's the best way to catch the big fish. Tell me when you are going and I'll learn ya
Old 06-23-2018, 03:02 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Don't mind admitting, I'm a dry fly fisherman. Just love it when they slam the fly on top of the water! I made several memorable trips to the Spotted Bear Wilderness and the Bob Marshall Wilderness areas a few years back. Specifically, the Upper and Lower Spotted Bear Rivers. OMG! Best fishing of my life! Fantastic float trips. And the most beautiful wilderness areas in the country. I used Spotted Bear Ranch. Great guides and awesome managers, Tara & Chris McCreedy. website. But there are many other guides in the area, as well. Most offer wading or float trips. Plan to hit it again this August!
Old 06-23-2018, 04:42 PM   #13

Quote:
Don't mind admitting, I'm a dry fly fisherman. Just love it when they slam the fly on top of the water! I made several memorable trips to the Spotted Bear Wilderness and the Bob Marshall Wilderness areas a few years back. Specifically, the Upper and Lower Spotted Bear Rivers. OMG! Best fishing of my life! Fantastic float trips. And the most beautiful wilderness areas in the country. I used Spotted Bear Ranch. Great guides and awesome managers, Tara & Chris McCreedy. website. But there are many other guides in the area, as well. Most offer wading or float trips. Plan to hit it again this August!
I fish both, but more nymphs as they are more productive. That said, there is nothing like hopper fishing. Trout just slam them when they are hungry. It so much fun.

What river are you fishing at Spotted Bear? I want to hit Rock Creek one of these years.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:15 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
I fish both, but more nymphs as they are more productive. That said, there is nothing like hopper fishing. Trout just slam them when they are hungry. It so much fun.

What river are you fishing at Spotted Bear? I want to hit Rock Creek one of these years.
SO much fun! Floated down the Spotted Bear River out of Hungry Horse Reservoir. Was using 14-18 Adams and Caddis flies. They were eating them up.

Tags
ace, anthem, montana