Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2021, 11:52 PM   #1

Office set-up in Entegra 44b

Anyone have pictures of their office set up in their Integra 44B looking for suggestions I’m not sure where I have it set right now I like.
TIOsToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2021, 12:03 PM   #2

I essentially have an office that has been in the same place in both my Anthem and this Cornerstone. Both have been "B"s. My "office" chair is the dinette chair that faces rearward. My computer and writing surface are the dinette table and the window sill on the driver's side. I use a laptop and I have two internet hotspots located right there at the main television (MIFI and Mobley). The bottom compartment in this coach right aft of the fireplace on this Cornerstone came with a slide out printer stand. I removed that and instead of a printer, that area is my liquor closet. The top drawer had a place for a very small computer keyboard but I dont use that area for the keyboard as I use a laptop instead.

There are times when I print more than at other times. I have a bluetooth linked laser printer that i keep stored in one of the upper compartments above the three "theater seats" which are between the kitchen and the copilot's seat while driving. I take the printer down from its compartment if I need to print and place it on the kitchen counter if I need to do printing. Most of the time any more, I do little printing of documents in the bus.... most things are saved and printed when I next get home. The laptop "rides" on the windowsill right aft of the fireplace when we travel. It has rubber feet and stays solidly on that windowsill while we travel and never have had to worry about it falling off even in quick turns.

To move from office to dinner takes little more than moving the laptop off the dinette table and onto the windowsill.

Works very well for me.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 05:37 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I use the exact same setup as Gary. I sit in the chair that faces rearward and use the table and window seal. I even did the same printer stand removal and turned that into an alcohol cabinet after removing the printer stand. I think I got that idea from Gary by reading it in a post.

On the weekend or before moving I pack up everything. But each day I just move my laptop to the large window ledge just before dinner. The next morning I put it back on the table.

I have room for laptop, mouse, ipad, phone charger, etc.... I do not use an external monitor.

I use a Verizon Jetpack that I keep up in the front passengers top compartment.

Evenings and weekend I tend to use just my ipad and leave my laptop up on the window seal in the corner near the fireplace.

On a nice day I might move my office setup to a picnic table if we are in a quite campground.

Good Luck
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 06:21 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I use the same seating arrangement but I use the printer stand as a printer stand. I must do more printing and liked having the printer where all I need to do is reach down and grab the paper. Printer supplies are stored under the printer slide. I have room for a small calculator and my laptop on the table. I also use a small portable plastic file case that I store under the bed when not using. Since we are not full time, that works for us. Friends who do full time and still work have created a large desk setup in their F floorplan. It’s amazing but required some custom work.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 05:28 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
In our “classic” Cornerstone B, I too sit at the dinette. i extend the table, and use the opposite chair than Gary (I like to face the pilot seat. ) And the extended table provides the extra room for mousepad, or other items I need during computer time. Sometimes I place the oem cuttingboard from the galley drawer on the table which raises the laptop surface level with the buffet quartz surface.

I keep an HP Photosmart printer secured with velcro adhesive strips on the bottom of my printer and on the middle pantry shelf ..keeps it securely mounted when we are driving. (Love this pantry for that reason!). When I need to use the printer, I open the pantry door and use the oem outlet located on that end of the Galley lower cabinetry.

I keep printer ink cartridges and printer paper in the upper cabinet over the dinette. (Being old school, ream of printer paper is kept in 2 gal ziploc sealed to lessen humidity affecting paper.)

We use Verizon JetPack for wifi and laptop / printer use.

Living in snow country, we travel April to November. The HP printer stays in the coach pantry shelf during that time whether we are on the road or at our home base, as I have other printers in my home base office at the s&b.

Love this coach!

YMMV :-).

Safe Travels to All

Gary & Kathy
2015 “classic” Cornerstone 45B
BeHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 08:38 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
We have a slightly different setup as we spend a lot of time processing images on our computers . The older computer on the left is a custom built system with a 32" monitor and Wacom tablet. We recently added a second 32" AIO system (right side) from HP as the boss's laptop was not keeping up with the images captured on a Sony A7R4. The drawer on the right side has a platform to accommodate the mouse. The TV was modded with an extension arm and can be pivoted out so we can view it better while working on our computers. The computers are hardwired to a router (Asus RT-AC88U) behind the TV. Also sitting behind the TV is a WD-PR4100 24tb NAS. The Asus router networks into a Teltonika RUTX11 modem/router. The RUTX11 sits in the front cabinet above the driver seat. The printer, a Brother MFC-J985 connects wirelessly to the WiFi system and is located in the cabinet besides the fireplace. During travel, the computers are disconnected and relocated to the rear bathroom. Since we typically relocate once a month or less, it is not too much trouble disassembling/reassembling the computers.

Old 02-10-2021, 04:48 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagias View Post
We have a slightly different setup as we spend a lot of time processing images on our computers . The older computer on the left is a custom built system with a 32" monitor and Wacom tablet. We recently added a second 32" AIO system (right side) from HP as the boss's laptop was not keeping up with the images captured on a Sony A7R4. The drawer on the right side has a platform to accommodate the mouse. The TV was modded with an extension arm and can be pivoted out so we can view it better while working on our computers. The computers are hardwired to a router (Asus RT-AC88U) behind the TV. Also sitting behind the TV is a WD-PR4100 24tb NAS. The Asus router networks into a Teltonika RUTX11 modem/router. The RUTX11 sits in the front cabinet above the driver seat. The printer, a Brother MFC-J985 connects wirelessly to the WiFi system and is located in the cabinet besides the fireplace. During travel, the computers are disconnected and relocated to the rear bathroom. Since we typically relocate once a month or less, it is not too much trouble disassembling/reassembling the computers.

Wow ... what a set up ... nice.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 07:52 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
That is a nice setup.

I tried setting facing that direction a while back. I am 6’ 1’’ and I could not get comfortable. I need a place for these long legs and feet to go.

I do like the idea of keeping the table more clear. I just move my laptop and ipad at the end of each day.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 08:36 AM   #9

Ya gotta remember that Arwinder and Susan are fundamentally graphic artists. If you want to see some of their images, you can probably just Google the name and I think you will find links to their images. They are quite spectacular. Not surprisingly, they spend a lot of their time off the beaten path finding things that most us of never see. If I was doing that kind of work/hobby my computer set up would be far more impressive also.... --

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 09:34 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
The computers are hardwired to a router (Asus RT-AC88U) behind the TV. Also sitting behind the TV is a WD-PR4100 24tb NAS.
How did you mount the NAS and Asus router behind the TV - When I added the swivel TV Wall Mount saw there was a lot of wasted space back there. Have been looking for a way to move some equip behind the TV, just have not found anything.

Thanks
mike625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 10:44 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVFunlovers View Post
That is a nice setup.

I tried setting facing that direction a while back. I am 6’ 1’’ and I could not get comfortable. I need a place for these long legs and feet to go.
The larger monitor allows us to sit further back so leg space has not been an issue. I am 5' 9" but I can see where it could be an issue for taller folks.
Old 02-10-2021, 11:00 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike625 View Post
How did you mount the NAS and Asus router behind the TV - When I added the swivel TV Wall Mount saw there was a lot of wasted space back there. Have been looking for a way to move some equip behind the TV, just have not found anything.

Thanks

Here is an image left side behind the TV. I used a small Velcro strip to secure the NAS to the counter top. The router sits on top of the NAS.
Old 02-11-2021, 02:17 PM   #13

Quote:

I had mine set up in Bedroom at the vanity window but it is a pain when I have to access the drawers below. This is my current set up and it seems to be working much better this week.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1271.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	540.4 KB
ID:	317812
TIOsToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 07:25 PM   #14

Here is our setup, 2 Mac books and the monitors are on swivel arms. We also have office type chairs with wheels. I removed the fireplace and put a fake front on it that lifts up and we store our camera equipment inside there. The space is so large I can crawl in there myself. I should also note that we had a larger table installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0382.jpeg
Views:	37
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	317933   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0384.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	464.5 KB
ID:	317934  

Tags
entegra