Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2019, 09:05 AM   #15

Or ..................... stop in the nearest SpeedCo shop and for ~ $350 total (for 52 quarts of Rotella) and 30 minutes, let them do it.... --- ,,,,

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2019, 03:41 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Or ..................... stop in the nearest SpeedCo shop and for ~ $350 total (for 52 quarts of Rotella) and 30 minutes, let them do it.... --- ,,,,

Gary

Gary, that would too easy. I need to get under there and get some grease under my finger nails. Probably see something else I need to spend money for. Don’t want to miss all that fun.[emoji2] always appreciate your post.
Richard
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 04:23 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post

Gary
I agree about the time saving aspect for the oil change but it is the greasing of the chassis that I don't trust. How often does the guy in the pit actually see the underside of the MH? Most trucks are straight axles and not IFS. So making sure he finds and services each zerk is a big ask. So I figure I will be under there anyway just to make sure ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman 2 View Post
Gary, that would too easy. I need to get under there and get some grease under my finger nails. Probably see something else I need to spend money for. Don’t want to miss all that fun.[emoji2] always appreciate your post.
Richard
That is my other reason for servicing myself. Great opportunity to give everything a once over on the undercarriage. Most of the guys in the pits have no idea if something is not right so they will not say anything.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:55 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Rick that’s why I like to do my own maintenance. Case in point I was under the coach checking the rear ride height and noticed I had a air line rubbing against a cross member. The rub had went into the fabric of the hose. This hose was from the quick release valve to the spring brake chamber. If this hose had rubbed through it would have set the spring brake on that wheel and I would have been setting along the side of the road with no way to fix it myself as don’t carry the jack stands with me and there’s no room to under the coach to do much.
So I took the hose off and went to a local truck garage and replace the hose. Hose was $27 and a little wrenching on my part.
Question would have a person servicing the coach saw that rub and brought it to your attention?
I certainly respect those who have their coaches serviced by outside sources. I just feel better doing it myself.
Richard
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:07 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
OK i got questions

I have decided to do all this my self but have some questions

I see why the special wrench for oil filer is needed See pic

Also looking for Fuel filters and fuel water sep filter not sure where they are
maybe Number 1 or Number 2 or else where
if it is number 1 how do you get at it? see pic

if number 1 is the fuel filter how do you access it ????

something tells me i haven't even found the fuel filters i didn't see anything underneath

attached other pic also Hydraulic filter and air dryer
any suggestions
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oil filter2IMG_8301.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	258181   Click image for larger version

Name:	oil drian IMG_8302.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	258182  

Name:	2filters IMG_8304.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	258183   Click image for larger version

Name:	fuel filter IMG_8305.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	258184  

N6CUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:31 AM   #20

Ron, yes the Fuel Filter is buried. As delivered, service requires removal of the vertical brace that the door latch pin mounts to.. horrible design.

I moved my Fuel Filter to the engine bay, directly below the hydraulic reservoir. See the attached image.

The Fuel Water Separator is to the left of the Meritor (Air Dryer Desiccant cartridge.). This is easily serviced as/is.

Servicing the Air Dryer is straightforward, if you completely deplete all air in the system first.

I didn’t see the hydraulic filter. My suggestion is to leave the hydraulic system alone. If you feel the need to change the fluid, realize you will be losing several gallons of hydraulic fluid (contents of reservoir and line), and it’s a huge mess. Seating the new hydraulic filter can be problematic. I’d happily pay to have this system maintained.

-Matt
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	BFC5C23A-63EE-4BC3-8855-DD15EFFA0487.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	387.6 KB
ID:	258186  
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 10:50 AM   #21

Ron, On the secondary filter if you feel the bottom of the filter it will feel like a nut is molded in to the filter housing. A 1" socket fits on the nut. Use that to break the seal. Once loosened you can walk the filter off by hand.
Old 08-27-2019, 11:31 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Ron, yes the Fuel Filter is buried. As delivered, service requires removal of the vertical brace that the door latch pin mounts to.. horrible design.

I moved my Fuel Filter to the engine bay, directly below the hydraulic reservoir. See the attached image.

The Fuel Water Separator is to the left of the Meritor (Air Dryer Desiccant cartridge.). This is easily serviced as/is.

Servicing the Air Dryer is straightforward, if you completely deplete all air in the system first.

I didn’t see the hydraulic filter. My suggestion is to leave the hydraulic system alone. If you feel the need to change the fluid, realize you will be losing several gallons of hydraulic fluid (contents of reservoir and line), and it’s a huge mess. Seating the new hydraulic filter can be problematic. I’d happily pay to have this system maintained.

-Matt

Wow that is a design mess
i like the CS's i guess they have shut off on both sides Fuel Filters sounds very handy. I may have to looking to moving this when i change these Fuel tilters . I just orders oil and filter from Amazon for $160 total so if it cost $350 for dealer to change oil i saved $190 and some running back and forth doing it myself. Buys fuel to Quartzite and back next Jan
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fuel fil accIMG_8311.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	261.5 KB
ID:	258189   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hydural fluid filter IMG_8307.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	278.0 KB
ID:	258190  

Old 08-29-2019, 08:29 AM   #23

Ron, it isn’t the best design. Moving the fuel filter has made service a breeze.

I’m not sure if you still intend to service your hydraulic system. If you do, I’d plan on wearing clothes you can throw away, put a huge waterproof tarp under the entire rear of the coach, and drip pans on top, then use a drain pan to capture the fluid.

I’d suggest using the exact Zinga filter as originally installed, because others have had issues getting a good seal with different filters.

Frankly, this is one job I will happily pay for considering what a tremendous mess it is.

Keep in mind I am not fearful of many projects on the coach. I’ve removed wheels, installed satellite antennas, flushed coolant, changed transmission filters and fluid, etc.

Servicing the hydraulic system is on my extremely short list of things to pay for.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

-Matt
Old 08-29-2019, 05:55 PM   #24

Hey Matt.....So, we’ve been very fortunate not to have a fuel issue that requires replacing fuel filters on the road from bad fuel. The only time fuel filters have been changed are during our yearly service. We’re firm believers in using high volume truck stops for fueling our coach. Anyways.....

I like the way you moved one of your fuel filters and will be doing this next year during our annual service, which I’ll be doing. Since I’ve never done a fuel filter swap, when I change filters will I experience any type of fuel leaking when the filter is removed? This is a K2 chassis, no shut offs. No surprises.....Right?

When you moved the fuel lines my assumption is that there will be no fuel leaking and the lines will be long enough to go to the back of the coach? I may move both filters, but the plan is to move the secondary filter and leave the primary where it is, unless the first filter moves easy, then I may do them both.

Appreciate your input.
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 07:53 PM   #25

Hi Paul, I hope you and Diane are doing well and Idaho was nice.

I moved only one filter simply because that was all that was required.

I was able to remove the filter mount and cannot remember if I had to remove the fuel lines. For some reason, I think I did remove the lines from the filter housing, but wouldn’t swear to it.

Either way, it’s not a very hard project and works when it comes time to change filters.

Unlike our Phaeton with filters about level with the oil pan, this coach has the filters mounted a bit higher, and as such we don’t drain fuel like our previous coach did.

Even still, I ordinarily plan my maintenance to occur with very little fuel onboard.

Let’s just say you have a completely full tank, you can hedge yourself by dumping the air, and raising the rear as much as safety will allow (keeping the rear axles in contact with the ground.)

As to fuel line length, the lines in my relocation are bone stock, so you will not have any issues.

I believe there is ample excess line for the other filter to move, I just don’t think it’s helpful.

If you place 2 filters in the location I suggested in my photo, one of them will have to park closer to the passenger side of the engine bay, causing things to get a bit crowded.

I hope this helps. Call or PM if you have any questions.

-Matt
Old 08-30-2019, 09:19 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
[QUOTE=Matt D;4932082]Ron, it isn’t the best design. Moving the fuel filter has made service a breeze.

I’m not sure if you still intend to service your hydraulic system. If you do, I’d plan on wearing clothes you can throw away, put a huge waterproof tarp under the entire rear of the coach, and drip pans on top, then use a drain pan to capture the fluid.

I’d suggest using the exact Zinga filter as originally installed, because others have had issues getting a good seal with different filters.

Frankly, this is one job I will happily pay for considering what a tremendous mess it is.

Keep in mind I am not fearful of many projects on the coach. I’ve removed wheels, installed satellite antennas, flushed coolant, changed transmission filters and fluid, etc.

Servicing the hydraulic system is on my extremely short list of things to pay for.

Im just interested in doing simple things, Changing oil in motor and onan is eaiser than changing the oil in my Corvette.
so no coolant or Hydraulic changes for me

Tags
cummins