Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2019, 07:40 PM   #15

I normally do all of my own maintenance so I know it's done correctly. My feeling is, if your going to own one of these rigs you ought to know how to maintain it. On the very rare occasions that I do have the oil changed while on the road, I ALWAYS tell the tech to count the number of zerks that he serviced and let me know. Of course you need to know how many there are. Did that when I was a truck driver and owned my own truck. The truck was serviced monthly. I owned the truck for 4 years and can count on one hand the number of times the tech actually came up with the correct number zerks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2019, 05:11 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Good post John. This goes back to the old Travel Supreme days "if you were not doing the lube yourself, you were taking the chances." I guess that is still in effect today.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 07:56 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselgem View Post
Jestal,

Please post the days of the week that you are available. I will make a note and call you when in your area. Thanks

jestew3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 12:42 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselgem View Post
Jestal,

Please post the days of the week that you are available. I will make a note and call you when in your area. Thanks

I think he needs a nice FL vacation. We have a lovely guest room...
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 02:23 AM   #19

Bourbon helps with the grease!

Of all the maintenance I do on my coach, the grease zerk dance is the one I hate the most. But about 4 fat fingers of top shelf bourbon in an unbreakable container along with some loud country music, seems to take the edge off the situation. Just saying
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:34 PM   #20

Good information
Old 11-02-2019, 11:56 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
My list shows 17 up front and 13 in the rear for a total of 30 zerks. There are two additional ones under the rubber boot on the inside of the coach. One is a u joint and one is a slip joint but these are not done as often so are not included in the list.

I have found this count to be accurate for a 2014 MM IFS chassis.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 04:42 PM   #22

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Being a former Lube shop manager... It happens all the time that Zerks arent greased...

Even if you see grease on the end of the nipple, still doesnt mean its greased..

Very easy for the tech to smudge a little grease on the easily view-able zerks to make the customer think it is lubed......
camper8251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 05:17 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper8251 View Post
Being a former Lube shop manager... It happens all the time that Zerks arent greased...

Even if you see grease on the end of the nipple, still doesnt mean its greased..

Very easy for the tech to smudge a little grease on the easily view-able zerks to make the customer think it is lubed......

You definitely got me thinking... it’s time for my annual service in the next couple of weeks.. never ever thought that this lack of completion was happening.. I wonder what else they say they did but didn’t... sad...

I think I will have to bring this post up at the shop and ask for the count from the tech... or buy a set of of work overalls and a grease gun...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 06:28 PM   #24

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
You definitely got me thinking... it’s time for my annual service in the next couple of weeks.. never ever thought that this lack of completion was happening.. I wonder what else they say they did but didn’t... sad...

I think I will have to bring this post up at the shop and ask for the count from the tech... or buy a set of of work overalls and a grease gun...
Unless you do it yourself there is no real way to ensure it gets done. It can be faked..

When a shop has a line of cars outside of it, all the techs care about is getting them in and out. Hunting and pecking for Zerks is the last thing on their mind. Especially when you talk about the large numbers on RV's

We had one guy that used to check and all he would do was see if the zerk was clean or not. Lot easier to take a rag and wipe the nipple clean instead of fighting with clogged zerks, rusted zerks etc.....
camper8251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 06:36 PM   #25

If you are doing your own lubes, I put on the zert fitting caps to keep the zert clean. Process is to un-cap, lube fittings until new grease emerges, wipe off excess from exit point, replace cap. Caps are cheap and are helpful in locating the zerts.
https://www.amazon.com/Grease-Fittin.../dp/B0040CWX7C
master2301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 05:52 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
My list shows 17 up front and 13 in the rear for a total of 30 zerks. There are two additional ones under the rubber boot on the inside of the coach. One is a u joint and one is a slip joint but these are not done as often so are not included in the list.

I have found this count to be accurate for a 2014 MM IFS chassis.

I have a 2015 Anthem. I have it in my mind that there are17 in front and 14 in back for a total of 31. I greased my rig last spring and I can't remember for sure. The memory is the second thing to go when you get older...
Old 11-03-2019, 08:44 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
Bourbon helps with the grease!

Of all the maintenance I do on my coach, the grease zerk dance is the one I hate the most. But about 4 fat fingers of top shelf bourbon in an unbreakable container along with some loud country music, seems to take the edge off the situation. Just saying
Four fingers in a travel mug style container?

Toward the end how do you know if you're greasing the coach or body parts?

I don't have my college days level of endurance anymore.

Steve
Old 11-03-2019, 10:23 AM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by darjacob View Post
I have a 2015 Anthem. I have it in my mind that there are17 in front and 14 in back for a total of 31. I greased my rig last spring and I can't remember for sure. The memory is the second thing to go when you get older...
I use this list which I obtained from a forum member.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	91F7D76F-2C5F-4A98-8AEE-4EE97F1C8406.jpeg
Views:	48
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	265761  

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis