Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2017, 04:54 PM   #1

OK Here's a new one

We have the coach down the street at a decent rvpark for a month, I took off my salt system put it away under the coach connected the water pressure to the spicket made sure it was off . I have been checking the coach everyday/ go by there today and water is barely dripping from the fresh water tank overflow hose and theres a small puddle under the coach. I go over to the spicket and check it to my self im saying I know I turned it off, sure enough its still turned all the way off. I open my wet bay and the valve is still in the city use position WTH. I say I have never had trouble with the fresh water fill valve. however theres no water coming from the spicket. as I stated earlier its off. When I left the coach 4 days ago my tank was 26 percent I am positive as we used it for 3 days before even connecting to the park knowing I had softened water in the tank until I hooked up salt system to park for 2 days then unhooked and put the softener tank under when I went to my house. Now 4 the life of me I cant figure how water filled my freshwater to 100 percent it wasn't coming out fast just barely drizzling out. Could my system have syphoned past my closed city water spicket in 4 or 5 days im baffled as it tokk 5 days to show a sign of being full. Also how could it get to the fresh tank with that valve closed I know those do fail however this is a first and im still convinced the valve is fine as this has never occurred .... This is very different. to me. So any way now theres no water as I stored the water regulator wound back on the reel every thing has been locked also its not a big deal I just don't GET IT.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2017, 05:40 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Gremlins...maybe someone turned on the spicket, then turned it off when they say the overflow.

If the show water is turned off, I see no other way you could get water into your tank. Maybe a drip leaking from the spicket, but that doesn't put 40 gallons of water in your tank (and that assumes your fresh water valve isn't working as well???!!!)
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 05:51 PM   #3

Dave water is working on city and on pump. Also it wasn't lgushing out like a spicket would barely a small trickle so Im sure my fresh water tank isnnt damaged from over fill 1 good thing Lets say for grins and theres 20 odd gallons in fresh holding and say I left it on cfill fresh tank how can it siphon through both spicket and fresh fill valve just weird. When I checked where water is from it was the overfill pvc fpo fresh water and the spicket was off like I left it
Old 05-06-2017, 06:10 PM   #4

I would guess the same thing. Some one turned the faucet on then off.
Old Truck Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:15 PM   #5

trk thanks for the comment how could it get passed the next valve just really weird.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:30 PM   #6

Stuff gets in the valve. I always cycle it a few times when going from tank to onboard.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:39 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Totally off-topic: Is "spicket" a regional spelling of "spigot"?
affreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:19 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Some of us are from outwardly parts of the country
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Stuff gets in the valve. I always cycle it a few times when going from tank to onboard.
So which valve the park valve or the tank fill valve if you mean the tank fill valve broken or not would need a source feed source like I said was absolutely off if it was turned on by a stranger then that means a known good valve was also turned on. Thx
Old 05-06-2017, 07:33 PM   #10

FWIW The only time I am sure the water is not dripping though the faucet is when the hose is disconnected. The faucet might still drip but then I don't care! A drippy valve will do several gallons per day and up.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:47 PM   #11

Spigot valve is leaky, city fill valve is leaky.

= Full tank.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 08:04 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
I would hazard a guess that the water valve at the utility stand may be leaking even when "fully closed".
Old 05-06-2017, 09:28 PM   #13

I personally have had my park water valve off and maintenance worker (while we were not there) unhooked, flushed the valve as he stated they were required to do in their policy, and then reconnect the hose and then turn the park valve on. When questioned, the maintenance worker stated he can't remember which valves were on or off do he leaves all on. Tommy
Ourrvtrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 09:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by affreeman View Post
Totally off-topic: Is "spicket" a regional spelling of "spigot"?
Definitely kicking my ocd into high gear [emoji1]
lo-tek is offline   Reply With Quote