Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Port O'Connor and Seadrift are the best kept secrets on the Texas coast. PC has a couple small RV parks. I think JJ has a place at Seadrift, maybe he knows of parks in the area. I fished PC for years in my flats boat but bait and lure fishing, no fly. There are several fly fishing guides in the area, again, maybe JJ can advise?

I'm game about anytime there is a likelihood of catching fish!
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2013, 08:56 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
Port O'Connor and Seadrift are the best kept secrets on the Texas coast. PC has a couple small RV parks. I think JJ has a place at Seadrift, maybe he knows of parks in the area. I fished PC for years in my flats boat but bait and lure fishing, no fly. There are several fly fishing guides in the area, again, maybe JJ can advise?

I'm game about anytime there is a likelihood of catching fish!

We do have a house in Seadrift. Right on San Antonio Bay. There are several RV parks in Seadrift. The Captain's Quarters Hotel has a 10 or 12 sites. The others are not that nice. The best of the local parks is Beacon 7 RV Park in Seadrift Texas on the San Antonio Bay!

JJ
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #31

When taking a coach near the coast I was wondering how close to the actual coast or how long can you stay before you need to spray the underside to prevent rust from the salt in the air?
papaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaw1 View Post
When taking a coach near the coast I was wondering how close to the actual coast or how long can you stay before you need to spray the underside to prevent rust from the salt in the air?
I live on the coast with a salt water canal in my backyard. I have no problem under the coach with rust with the undercarriage being painted . Where I do have problem is with the chromed pot metal being the mirror mounts and the lighted door grab handle mounts. My coach is kept washed and those items waxed, but they have still pitted and chrome flaking off. Entegra is still using the same brand of mirrors and door handles, but it took 8 years before the flaking started. I did replace one of the mirror mounts.

I do spray the undercarriage after every long trip with a pressure washer, but that is to mainly keep the road dirt and salt from north country highways from staying on the undercarriage.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Close has a big impact. We live on Pensacola Beach and the abuse my house gets as opposed to houses right across the street is amazing. If you are not right on the beach and there are no big wind storms, you should be fine. As bro box said, surface damage will be more of an issue than the underside.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:07 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Also, have you taken a look at your undercoating...they, like, spray everything, including the color coded cables to your air tans that you can purge the water condensation from. About the only thing that appears to escape is the the engine. The only reason I know that is it is still Cummins red

That said, I rinsed my bottom several times after leaving campgrounds within 100 yes of the beach this fall coming South. better safe than sorry.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #35

Yes, i've seen what salt does to pot metal and chrome. I know once it starts rusting the under carriage it's a mechanics nightmare with breaking bolts while working with rusted parts.
papaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:42 PM   #36

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
That said, I rinsed my bottom several times after leaving campgrounds within 100 yes of the beach this fall coming South. better safe than sorry.
I rinse my bottom too, but it's not something I discuss in public.....tmi, tmi.....just sayin'. <wink>
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:08 AM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Yes, i've seen what salt does to pot metal and chrome. I know once it starts rusting the under carriage it's a mechanics nightmare with breaking bolts while working with rusted parts.
I worry more about salt residue from the roads up north after a rain spraying my undercarriage than parked in a beach RV Park. After 10 years of the TS parked in a beach area, the undercarriage and bolts are fine. I will keep extra wax on the chrome parts on the Entegra now that I know where the weak points are. They is not marine grade chrome.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #38

I used to fish with two of the best guides on the Texas coast. Gay and Pete Gray. Bay Rat Guide Service | Gary Gray's Texas Gulf Coast Saltwater fishing Guide Service in Seadrift TX is Gary and his wife Shellie's business. They will take you fly fishing. I think Gary is the better Trout guy but his brother Pete (a part time guide) is a way better Red fisherman. I don't know if Pete fly fishes or not. Usually Gary lure fishes and Pete is more a bait fisherman. Pete fishes the area behind Dewberry Island in very shallow water (sometimes less than 18") and catches a ton of big Redfish. Gary and Shellie fish more open water reefs. I have not fished with either one (Pete or Gary) in many years since we know the bay so well ourselves now but they are both really good guides. If anyone wants Pete's info just let me know.

JJ
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Christmas New Years trip to Baltimore

Leaving Camp Gulf Monday December 9th and heading for Baltimore to visit family for the holidays. We will return to Florida just in time to meet up with Pat and the group for the Tampa super show.

2016 F150 Bronze Super Crew Cab 4X4
BigmoneySr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #40

I was just in Baltimore (Gwynn Oak) visiting family over Thanksgiving. Heading to Pensacola FL towards the end of December to visit family.

I too, hate what salt does to metal. I currently live in Upstate NY, they salt everything here and my F350 suspension is pretty rusted. I do spay my bottom though..

Fishing, I go scuba diving and catch my fish, that way, I never have the story about the one that got away. I used to live in Seattle, WA area and would fish several times a week for cod, rock fish and scallops. Three more years in NY, then I'm moving.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #41

Ford Super Duty Owner
Finally....when you come to P'cola pls take the time to get over to the National Museum of Naval Aviation...it is fantastic!
mccsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccsix View Post
Finally....when you come to P'cola pls take the time to get over to the National Museum of Naval Aviation...it is fantastic!
I love that place. I've been there several times and it never gets old.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote