Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2014, 12:44 PM   #1

On the way to Middlebury

Greetings Entegra Family,

We are on our way to the factory for a lengthy PDI. We have several significant issues but I'm pretty sure we will get everything worked out. With that said, we are leaving the coach at the Factory and Precision for paint issues for 5 weeks. Flying back to pick it up in Feb.

My question is this. With a long list of repairs, what has been everyone's experience with the factory fixing everything? Is the experience better than just a regular stop at a dealer for small items?

We arrive tomorrow for check in on Monday. Anyone else going?? We feel lucky as we dodged some big weather coming from Denver. Hopefully we will get lucky on the drive home in Feb too.

Thanks for the input.
Justin
Jgehrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2014, 01:51 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
ON the back end, make sure you allow yourself time for them to SHOW YOU everything has been fixed and operates properly. JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:08 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
ON the back end, make sure you allow yourself time for them to SHOW YOU everything has been fixed and operates properly. JMHO
Good advice. AND leave time for them to fix whatever is still not fixed before you depart.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:49 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
They were open about 1 day between Christmas and mid-week last week so may be a little backed up.
2013 Thor Challenger 37GT (Traded)
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:00 PM   #5

PDI

Justin,Why 5 weeks? I have paint issues as well as a lengthy list for repairs in conjunction with what Entegra reviews, inspects and rectifys for their in-house expectations at a PDI. Is the 5 week window for your convenience?Ron.
BUS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:06 PM   #6

They anticipate two-three weeks at Precision. Almost two weeks at the plant.

There might be some padding (5 days or so). But no, not for convenience.

Have some structural stuff, cracked tiles, in addition to significant paint issues.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:51 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgehrls View Post
Greetings Entegra Family,

We are on our way to the factory for a lengthy PDI. We have several significant issues but I'm pretty sure we will get everything worked out. With that said, we are leaving the coach at the Factory and Precision for paint issues for 5 weeks. Flying back to pick it up in Feb.

My question is this. With a long list of repairs, what has been everyone's experience with the factory fixing everything? Is the experience better than just a regular stop at a dealer for small items?

We arrive tomorrow for check in on Monday. Anyone else going?? We feel lucky as we dodged some big weather coming from Denver. Hopefully we will get lucky on the drive home in Feb too.

Thanks for the input.
Justin
We are missing you by one week. Our appointment is on the 20th. We don't have paint issues, just several small warranty ones. Hope we are there only a week, but no idea, really. Did you submit your punch list in advance? Then on to Spartan for 44 point inspection. Good luck in getting all your problems resolved.
Flora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:01 PM   #8

Yes. All was submitted in advance. CS, Joyce and team have been very good.

In Davenport tonight. Middelbury tomorrow before the Broncos game.

Safe drive to you!!
Justin
Old 01-11-2014, 10:36 PM   #9

WOW, how can so much be wrong with a new

coach from Entegra. I know CS is suppose to be good but how did it get out of the door in this kind of condition?
ranbev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:47 PM   #10

Terrible!

Justin,Now we remember your terrible paint issues with bubbling paint. We are sure that everyone else was as shocked as us to see those photos of your coach. Best wishes with Precision and your PDI visit. We will be checking to see if we hear from you when all is resolved, and hopefully you will have great news and a new coach again!Ron & Lover.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:31 PM   #11

Hello There!!

Just a quick update from Middlebury...

Got all checked in this morning at 6:30am. Sheesh that is early. And it was cold!! We have met some great folks here all for repairs and issues of varying degree.

All of us had our lists, and the process went very smoothly. The service writers, our coach technician and, of course Joyce has been outstanding. Yes, we are concerned about the repairs. However, so far everyone has been working very diligently and we are confident we will be pleased with the process.

We have been treated so well, they are very genuine considering they get a new set of coaches each week. The lounge is very comfortable. They have a breakfast in the morning. I really feel like my list and concerns are understood and are being taken care of seriously. They are making all of us in our group feel very special. It's a nice touch and something that seems fitting for our purchase.

We had a great tour by Nathan Brown and it was great. 3.5 coaches per day with a goal of 5 per day in the future.

Saw a new Cornerstone with the bigger tires. REALLY BIG. Looked very beefy.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow of the lounge, parking bays and dump station just for future reference.

Justin
Old 01-13-2014, 05:13 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Great report, thank your from those that have not been there yet. I can relate to the old Travel Supreme group, they were just as great. That was one of our deciding factors to purchase an Entegra was from reports like yours and our experience from the previous company. Sometime even pizza and salad was delivered for lunch

The hookups are much nicer at Entegra and I wouldn't mind spending a couple of days there with fellow owners at all.

I had talked with several owners of coaches from a southern state and the reports were 50/50 on professionalism on factory service work. Just us personally, we stayed with what we knew worked. Look forward to any future reports.

PS: how about the Bronco game?...that onside kick scared me. You can take this boy out of Denver, but not away from the Bronco.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:54 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgehrls View Post
Hello There!!

Just a quick update from Middlebury...

Got all checked in this morning at 6:30am. Sheesh that is early. And it was cold!! We have met some great folks here all for repairs and issues of varying degree.

All of us had our lists, and the process went very smoothly. The service writers, our coach technician and, of course Joyce has been outstanding. Yes, we are concerned about the repairs. However, so far everyone has been working very diligently and we are confident we will be pleased with the process.

We have been treated so well, they are very genuine considering they get a new set of coaches each week. The lounge is very comfortable. They have a breakfast in the morning. I really feel like my list and concerns are understood and are being taken care of seriously. They are making all of us in our group feel very special. It's a nice touch and something that seems fitting for our purchase.

We had a great tour by Nathan Brown and it was great. 3.5 coaches per day with a goal of 5 per day in the future.

Saw a new Cornerstone with the bigger tires. REALLY BIG. Looked very beefy.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow of the lounge, parking bays and dump station just for future reference.

Justin
Justin

Somewhere on that line is my Anthem 44B. It started production Friday. I Hope those Amish craftsman work well in cold weather. There is some stories about autos assembled on Mondays and Fridays. I don't know what it means if it takes roughly a week to assemble it. I decided to go to Tampa instead of Middlebury in January. Hopefully those folks do a good job.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:00 PM   #14

New Stone

Justin,We want to see a picture of that new big tired beefy Cornerstone!Ron & Lover