Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2017, 12:23 PM   #169

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Smile Mobley located for sale

I just purchased a new Mobley on EBay for $99 + shipping. I saw the listings for $200-400 but then found it at $99. Give it a try.
NumberThree1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2017, 04:58 AM   #170

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I expect that one of these days ATT management is going to look at all the bandwidth being used by this program and throw a monkey wrench into it. Hopefully when this happens, those of us who are onboard will be grandfathered. Fingers crossed.
Reading many if not all of the posts on the Mobley and having it for 3 weeks i beieve what *could* make AT&T re think this plan is those using WAAAY over the 22g of data.

Using it in the home as the only internet connection to save a few bucks will surely have AT&T change or eliminate this great service.

Glad i took the 2 year contract to lock it in.
bruce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:42 AM   #171

Entegra Owners Club
Using it at a home won't use any more internet than using it when full timing. And, for me, won't use that much band width. I also have unlimited service from Verizon. In our area, one provider is too limiting. During season anything less than cable internet slows to a crawl. You always need more than one option to try to get any service faster than dial up. It is far less expensive than Hughes.net but my use will still not approach what my son uses with his AT&T phone and chromecast. I don't think we need to worry about AT&T segregating the Mobley internet use. They have been facing that issue for years with their unlimited plan phones.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:46 AM   #172

if you have Verizon unlimited why don't u just tether via usb to laptop??,, I only have 4 gig [don't stream movies] and when we go on road we use it that way or even hotspot setting then don't need tether, then both of us can use at same time from one phone.. and if I wanted to put tv via phone to big screen then just hdmi to tv .... or am I missing something??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
Using it at a home won't use any more internet than using it when full timing. And, for me, won't use that much band width. I also have unlimited service from Verizon. In our area, one provider is too limiting. During season anything less than cable internet slows to a crawl. You always need more than one option to try to get any service faster than dial up. It is far less expensive than Hughes.net but my use will still not approach what my son uses with his AT&T phone and chromecast. I don't think we need to worry about AT&T segregating the Mobley internet use. They have been facing that issue for years with their unlimited plan phones.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:53 PM   #173

Entegra Owners Club
If it fits your use, no. I still do some work from home and use a lot of internet. And my speed slows down on Verizon during season. I'm hoping AT&T will be better during the winter months.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:16 PM   #174

Entegra Owners Club
Linda, the AT&T towers get just as overloaded as Verizon during season. I talked to Verizon this season, they told me my problem was overloaded towers. Snowbirds are now using their cell phones as hot spots totally over loading the towers 3 months out of 12. They will not be increasing the tower capacity for only 3 months a year. It looks like we will continue to suffer.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:13 AM   #175

Entegra Owners Club
Maybe I'll get lucky and out snowbirds will be primarily Verizon users. There were times this year that I couldn't get 3 Mbps on Verizon or Hughes.net. I can only hope that ATT will do better. Not sure it could do worse.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:52 AM   #176

Entegra Owners Club
I look for AT&T to probably get a little more congested. With all of the promotions they're doing with Direct TV and unlimited streaming, the Mobiley unlimited data, people are jumping on those plans. We are in an area where a lot of those users funnel into our area and overload the towers during season.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:48 PM   #177

Entegra Owners Club
I really think it will be better. I just ran some speed tests using my iPad. With my wireless LTE service (Verizon) I got downloads of 2.5 Mbps. With my Mifi I got 3.7 Mbps and with the Mobley I got 10.9 Mbps. With Hughes.net I usually got less than 3-5 Mbps. The local phone company's DSL only claims speeds up to 2 Mbps - neighbors using it say it's rarely that fast. In season our internet service is so bad that I try to work very early or very late. If the Mobley just gives me enough to load a screen without needing a coffee break during season, I'll be a very happy camper. I love my house, my neighborhood and my neighbors but if I had realized how bad our internet service would be in this location, we wouldn't have built here. Thanks again to all who passed on the info on the Mobley. It may help to save what little bits of sanity I have left.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:56 PM   #178

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Received my first bill. $20 plus a couple dollars in taxes/charges. Have used the Mobley extensively the past several weeks. Works great. Nice bill. (-:
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 07:56 AM   #179

Entegra Owners Club
Received this email from AT&T this morning...looks like they are pushing the Mobley plan. Hope they don't push it to the point of overload.

Same plan. Same data. More video.

Stream Saver will enable you to stream more video on-the-go with your same data package. It allows video to stream at quality similar to DVD (about 480p)* so you can enjoy more of what you love on your smartphone or tablet.

Best of all, Stream Saver will automatically be added to all eligible lines with qualified plans on your account at no extra cost, and you won't have to do a thing. Plus, you're in charge of Stream Saver — you have the control to turn it off or on at anytime. The choice is yours.

Coming soon, we will be turning on Stream Saver for the eligible devices on your account. We will let you know when Stream Saver is ready to use.

Go to att.com/streamsaver for more information.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:13 AM   #180

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
What in there makes you think this applies to mobley? Streamsaver was a part of my 16gig mobile share plan, but my understanding is that it was not a part of the mobley plan.
LarryJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 08:20 AM   #181

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There is this in the tethering FAQ at the link above. Alludes to being applicable to Mobley, but not specifically.

https://www.att.com/offers/streamsav...rw_nat_a_sver#
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 08:24 AM   #182

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryJB View Post
What in there makes you think this applies to mobley? Streamsaver was a part of my 16gig mobile share plan, but my understanding is that it was not a part of the mobley plan.
I ONLY have a Mobley and that is what AT&T just sent me. I re-posted it, others can take the information for what they want. Heck some that have a cell phone plan might be able to use the information.

But if they are encouraging Mobley ONLY owners to stream, they may overload the system...just sayin.