Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2017, 05:12 AM   #211

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTrvlr View Post
Two questions
1: What is the advantage of the Mobley vs phone unlimited data plan using hotspot?
2: Since the data is moving off same cell tower as phone data, what happens to bandwidth when a large group of users are on the same tower?
I am trying to decide what are the advantages of the Mobley vs my present unlimited phone hotspot combo.
Thanks
Paul
Not sure how to answer #2, but for #1:

1. Coach will have its own internet, so if you want to have temperature monitoring, battery monitoring, webcam, etc. It will have an always on connection not dependent on your phone, yet accessible from your phone when you are away from the coach.

2. All the dedicated devices on the coach will have a permanent dedicated connection. TV, DVR, printers, etc. and no need to reconfigure them constantly.

3. You could elect a lower cost plan on your phones and when you walk in the coach your phones will automatically connect via the Mobley WiFi.

4. If you use a different carrier on your phone than ATT (Mobley) you will have redundant connectivity. Many times we have experienced poor Verizon and good ATT or the reverse.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2017, 06:11 AM   #212

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTrvlr View Post
Two questions
1: What is the advantage of the Mobley vs phone unlimited data plan using hotspot?
2: Since the data is moving off same cell tower as phone data, what happens to bandwidth when a large group of users are on the same tower?
I am trying to decide what are the advantages of the Mobley vs my present unlimited phone hotspot combo.
Thanks
Paul
1. Mobley is much cheaper than any unlimited hotspot plan that I have seen.
2. Compared to a cellphone hotspot feature, Mobley is always on, dedicated to internet. No fooling with cellphone settings or switching from voice to data.
3. See number 1.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:36 PM   #213

they're back

The early run on mobley at AT&T stores and online depletted the units available in the field. They have them back in stock online for immediate shipping.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:48 PM   #214

Newmar Owners Club
Ok, I'm late jumping in here.

The ATT website says I can add a Mobley to my current account with unlimited data but says "requires a qualifying vehicle". I know the unit was designed as a feature for Onstar equipped vehicles. If I can find a Mobley, can I add one to m current ATT plan using the power supply others have described without a Onstar automobile?
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:14 PM   #215

Entegra Owners Club
Dave as discussed early in the post, contact the Mobile Service Desk (not sure of the name) but use that number. They are really the only ones at AT&T that knows what is going on.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:21 PM   #216

Dave, they just want to make sure your car has a OBDII diagnostic port (since we are supposed to put these in our cars).

I just used our Tow vehicle as the car for verification.

I didn't have a ATT wireless plan before, but we do have a S&B ATT phone & internet plan with ATT and I haven't been able to combine that bill with the Mobley.

Steve
Old 06-21-2017, 07:35 PM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
Ok, I'm late jumping in here.

The ATT website says I can add a Mobley to my current account with unlimited data but says "requires a qualifying vehicle". I know the unit was designed as a feature for Onstar equipped vehicles. If I can find a Mobley, can I add one to m current ATT plan using the power supply others have described without a Onstar automobile?

No need to have an Onstar car at all. Just order a mobley on the AT&T website. Check the "for free" option and it will indicate the cost will be $45 one time on your next bill and $10 per month for 15GB. Ignore this part and order the mobley. When it comes call AT&T at 611 on your cel to activate and to put you on the $20 per month unlimited data plan instead of the $10 dollar 15GB plan shown on the website.

Ask for a "connected car representative" to the robot answering voice. Repeat it several times and it will direct you to the connected car tech support in Texas. They can help get it activated and such... AT&T reps (on the phone at AT&T or in the stores...) were very friendly and helpful but most know nothing of the mobley. My key was persistence and asking specifically for the connected car group per my onstar buds.The connected car group is very familiar with the set up and the $20 unlimited program started by onstar.

Mine arrived today already to plug in and use. Hooked up to my cel, tablet and laptop. I discovered it "automatically " activated it since it started working the instant I hooked it up to a power supply.

Even the AT&T tech in the connected car group was surprised. I have an AT&T account already so they primed it for me before shipping for immediate use. I'm using it in the house for this conversation. Seems as fast as the hardwired comcast cable internet. Surprisingly the little mobley will cover most of our house with a signal.

One thing was obvious no matter how many AT&T people I talked to was that they could care less if you have an onstar car or a car period. As long as you get the device they will connect it for you to start getting money flowing from your wallet to theirs ASAP.....

cut and paste to your browser:

http://www.ATT.com/devices/ZTE/#sku=...23/mobley.html

put mobley in the search box on the website that shows up click on the picture of the device when it shows up. Looks like the site has already been updated to say free with $20/month unlimited data plan.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:37 PM   #218

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks Al.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:20 AM   #219

had the opportunity to be dry camping over the weekend and used the mobley
to watch a netflix movie ... pretty cool to have your own mobil wi fi for sure..
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:22 AM   #220

Have the Sprint unlimited pocket WiFi ...good when you have signal.. Mobley would be better I assume.

How many devices can you add at one time to the Mobley? .. Sprint limits at 10
Zephyr08Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:34 AM   #221

Entegra Owners Club
Just having wifi at my storage location to search the forum and the Internet on a large screen tablet is well worth the $20. a month. Any streaming on the road will be a plus.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:15 AM   #222

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr08Bill View Post
Have the Sprint unlimited pocket WiFi ...good when you have signal.. Mobley would be better I assume.

How many devices can you add at one time to the Mobley? .. Sprint limits at 10
Five, directly to the Mobley, but if you usb tether the Mobley to a router, or use wifi as wan to a router, then you can increase the limit by connecting thru the router.

We have had excellent signal availability at most locations with ATT.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 07:45 AM   #223

Entegra Owners Club
My storage location is a little remote. With Verizon my signal strength is 1 bar and sometimes only 3G.The Mobley is constantly 3 bars.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:02 PM   #224
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
This Mobley deal was super timely for us. Where we're currently staying for six weeks Verizon (our primary connection approach) is unusable for data and usually unusable for even phone calls, but the Mobley has been pulling download speeds of 6-9 Gbps. We've used over 45Gb in the last three weeks with no evidence of an intentional slowdown at any time. I have the Mobley USB tethered to our WifiRanger GoAC and have all devices in the bus connected to the WifiRanger.

Highly recommended if you don't already have a backup to your primary connection method. We also have a T-Mobile hotspot as a backup approach but at almost all our stays for this summer they are non-existent so I have that account in suspension.
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote