Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2017, 05:24 AM   #239

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdoc View Post
Adds another network layer and slows down the performance, often significantly
That make sense. Glad I will have less than 5 devices connected and not have to go through that.....yet
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2017, 07:35 AM   #240

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck, check out this example. The speedtest below is from my laptop to my PepWave Surf On The Go, which in turn is connected via "WiFi as WAN" to the Mobley:

The following Speedtest is to the Mobley Directly:

Not only is the download almost triple, the latency (ping) is almost half, which is significant too. The tests were done only a couple minutes apart.

I don't have any results for a hardwire tether connection because I haven't been able to get my PepWave to work yet with the Mobley. I can get a connection (I can ping an IP address on the web), but I haven't been able to get the DNS to resolve so far.

I want to get this to work as the Mobley only supports WiFi on the 2.4Ghz band which can get congested and is more susceptible to interference. My PepWave or some other newer router suports the much less congested (and faster) 5Ghz bands.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:15 AM   #241

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Chuck, check out this example. The speedtest below is from my laptop to my PepWave Surf On The Go, which in turn is connected via "WiFi as WAN" to the Mobley:

Not only is the download almost triple, the latency (ping) is almost half, which is significant too. The tests were done only a couple minutes apart.

I don't have any results for a hardwire tether connection because I haven't been able to get my PepWave to work yet with the Mobley. I can get a connection (I can ping an IP address on the web), but I haven't been able to get the DNS to resolve so far.

I want to get this to work as the Mobley only supports WiFi on the 2.4Ghz band which can get congested and is more susceptible to interference. My PepWave or some other newer router suports the much less congested (and faster) 5Ghz bands.
FYI, my results were not quite as dramatic. I have the David Bott setup using the Ubiquity Loco M2 connected to an ASUS RT-N66R router. I connected the Mobley to the M2 and then all my devices to the N66R.
I compared that to directly connecting my devices to the Mobley and the numbers were just about the same. I am sure that that would probably not hold true the next time I test it, but my point is that It will not be a factor of three every time. I have been able to stream video from 2 different devices at the same time using the Ubiquity connected to the Mobley just fine. This gives me the option of connecting to other internet sources (such as CG WiFi) without having to change the router configuration. If you connect the mobley via the usb port to the router you are pretty much stuck using only the mobley for the internet source with the router.
LarryJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:07 AM   #242

I just wish they weren't out of stock
trs80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:18 AM   #243

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Rick, is it the router mentioned in this forum thread? I think the author gives specifics of what changes were made to get it to work.

AT&T ZTE Mobley USB Tethering ASUS Router and probably others!!

It's Linda. Rick uses computers. Anything beyond that is up to me. [emoji6]But yes, that is the router and that posting is the reason I questioned if the OP had needed to change his DNS. When he said no, I didn't pursue it. Should have but the phone was working and I didn't have to have it for anything else just yet. We are packing the coach up to leave tomorrow so I doubt if I'll get a chance to try it before we leave. But I've saved the info and will let you know if it works whenever we get home.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:22 AM   #244

Entegra Owners Club
Rob, I have the same router as you and share your goal to direct connect it to my Mobley. If you solve the issue, please post the solution here.
Are you connecting the Mobley to the router using the router's USB port,
or its RJ-45 ethernet port?

Quote:

MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote