Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2018, 12:29 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippelj View Post
Tech working on the coach ....Jose
I'll have these guys sync up with Entegra and perhaps chat with Jose. I must admit I was relieved you were having the same issue -and- visiting Entegra. Thanks for sharing your experience up there.
chasingsixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2018, 12:29 PM   #58

Felt I should share all this information with the people working toward a fix so sent this message to Ted and Stacey. All of us working together will help get to a solution......

Hi Ted and Stacey,

I expect you follow this forum to see what issues owners are experiencing. I think this particular thread is worth reading and sharing amongst your people regarding the ghost door lock problem. As I said, Jose feels he has fixed the problem on my coach but according to the comments and experiences of people on this thread, it’s really not likely a permanent fix and this is quite a widespread problem on the 2019’s. Unfortunately it’s quite possible (after reading experiences of others on this thread) that I will see the problem come back at some point once I head down the road as my coach batteries become more normalized after I unhook from shore power?
There is a tremendous opportunity here to work with my coach over the next couple days to diagnose and solve the problem so others can also be fixed. I don’t want to stall the other warranty items on my coach as I need to get back on the road home on Wednesday at the latest but perhaps you can put a tech on the door issue while Jose continues with the rest of my list? I don’t want to leave here thinking I have a fix and then have to return again later for the door lock problem and I don’t want you to miss this opportunity to use my coach as a guinea pig to learn a permanent fix.

Thanks,
Jim

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/our-...em-390232.html
Dippelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:17 AM   #59

Heard back from Joyce this morning. My coach continues to be worked on this morning and she has asked engineering to come over and have a look at the door lock issue today. So, sounds like they are looking at the issue first hand and hopefully we hear something soon. I will continue to update as I learn more.....
Old 05-14-2018, 12:33 PM   #60

I have been told the ghost door lock problem is figured out. It sounds like they have rigged up a prototype fix and have the fix is being manufactured that can easily be retrofitted to all units. They are hoping to have it done on my coach before I leave Wednesday but if not I’m told they can send it to me and it’s a “5 minute fix” that the owner can do. Just reporting what I’m told so hoping it’s going to solve everyone’s problem.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:58 PM   #61

Quote:
I have been told the ghost door lock problem is figured out. It sounds like they have rigged up a prototype fix and have the fix is being manufactured that can easily be retrofitted to all units. They are hoping to have it done on my coach before I leave Wednesday but if not I’m told they can send it to me and it’s a “5 minute fix” that the owner can do. Just reporting what I’m told so hoping it’s going to solve everyone’s problem.
The joys of being a Beta tester. Unfortunately, I can relate.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 07:09 PM   #62

Quote:
This is GREAT news! I'd love to understand the details. I will have National Indoor see if they can get any info about what happened. Thank you for sharing your updates!
Old 05-14-2018, 07:18 PM   #63

No problem Ben. I’ve learned a lot from this forum so nice to feed some info in that will hopefully be helpful.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:36 AM   #64

Ghost door lock update...
Joyce visited with me this morning to update and the fix works and there will be a tsb sent out. The folks here have been great to work with on this.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:50 AM   #65

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Ghost door lock update...
Joyce visited with me this morning to update and the fix works and there will be a tsb sent out. The folks here have been great to work with on this.
I saw this first hand while we were there for the first week releases of the 17's. 17's rolled in daily for mis-wired inverter panels. Entegra (PJ) stayed up nights figuring that one out. The "new" vega touch called for the wiring to be switched from the way it had been for years and a TBS was issued immediately. Glad they are still giving priority treatment to new delivered coaches.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:27 AM   #66

What is a TBS?
Trapper56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:50 AM   #67

Technical Service Bulletin ?

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:05 AM   #68

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper56 View Post
What is a TBS?
Excuse me that should have read TSB. Gary explained it.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:56 PM   #69

Updating this thread with our experience thus far.

We're still sitting on the lot at National Indoor in Lewisville. They've been able to work through quite a few of our items. Other fixes are on the way.

We first reported our list April 27, 2018. Coming up on our third week. Much of the waiting has been dialogue between National Indoor, Entegra, Spartan gathering data. The dealers are beholden to Entegra (or Spartan) 'approving' fixes so it's a balance of gathering data, sending reports/pictures back to Entegra, waiting for feedback, gathering more data (if needed), back-and-forth, and finally Entegra hopefully approves the fix.

The folks at the dealership have been proactive in looking for a fix to the doors and took a personal investment in finding answers even when we weren't hearing much from Entegra. Ironically, the foreman of the service center explained it was likely two scenarios. One of his scenarios ended up being exactly what Entegra reported was the issue the following day. Lots of sharp folks on the correct path.

I continue to update and share all this information because we feel our "New Coach" buying experience is pretty normal. I think it's important to temper your expectations and understand you will absolutely purchase a brand new 'broken' coach. It just takes time and patience. I can only encourage anyone reading this to purchase from somewhere you feel certain you will receive prompt and reliable service. National Indoor isn't the only big dealership with a good reputation but they continue to earn their reputation with us. (Assuming you have the patience to let the problems get resolved. If you are a jerk, buy from somewhere else. These people are too nice for you. =] )

Here is an update from our original list (and new items)
  • [Fixed] TPMS Sensors have reliably reported while driving for a couple test drives. The solution involved relocating the antenna.
  • [Fixed] In-Dash GPS Failing - Our antenna was believed to have a loose cable and was completely replaced. I mentioned to National Indoor that some folks reported the antenna was misplaced and did not have a reliable signal. In our case, the dealer techs were able to cause the issue just by touching the antenna and believed we had a loose cable. Out of an abundance of caution they also updated our software on our GPS unit. Dash GPS unit works reliably now.
  • [NotBroken] Hadley Leveling - Techs found that the system was working within intended parameters. We found the calibration wire. We also recalibrate the unit and then tested. The system still favored our passenger side even after over-correcting. We have relegated to the fact that the Hadley system doesn't provide a reasonable level and we won't use it. It's certainly not terrible. When Hadley feels the coach is level our coach is 'warped' enough that our mid-bath door 'sticks'. The trim above our door is already getting a bit of 'rub' damage. We used guidance from this forum and acquired a full size level. We tested at several locations in the coach and determined that it's not too bad but unable to reliably level on its own. (Differs each attempt. Sometimes good, sometimes meh). Ironically, our coach is on mostly level ground and the Hadley makes it 'worse'. Running at 'ride height' is more level than the SLS.
  • [Unresolved] Locks - Entegra believes they found a fix. The issue is believed to occur when the voltage on the coach and house differ quite a bit. When the coach and house are merged this balances out the voltages and the problem goes away. The problem will come back if the both sides are not merged and there is a reasonable voltage difference. Entegra did not reply to me but has continued to communicate with National Indoor. They asked National Indoor to discontinue working towards a solution until Entegra releases the TSB and wiring harness to fix the issue. The wiring harness is being rigged to balance the voltage. ETA: Soon
  • [Unresolved] AC Fans - Some combination of utilizing the phone app and the manual fan settings on the Vega Touch will get your fans _stuck_. I have not found the magic combination that reliably reproduces this. The onus is on me to figure out how to reliably show the techs this problem.
  • [New] We noticed during our PDI that our carpet would 'crimp' when the Super-Slide would extend. It was believed this was within the operating limits. (I had seen this on a few other coaches on dealer lots as well). Turns out I should have pushed on this a bit. They are now double checking to see if our slide is misaligned before trying to fix the wood trim.
  • [New] Our motion sensor security lights do not work with 'motion'. They have identified that the wrong lights were installed on our coach and do not have motion. New lights were ordered. Lights will have to be replaced.
  • [New] Our fuel tank says it is empty when its full. Spartan CSB 18-560-002 - Spartan released the CSB but told National Indoor a solution would not be available for approximately two months.

Things to look for when you're picking up your new 2019 coaches.

Cheers!
Old 05-17-2018, 01:57 PM   #70

I have read both of your threads, buying experience and now this. I have to say, both are comprehensive and cover everything a buyer needs for a new MH purchase. Thank you!

As for dealing with NIRV, they have been great! We have had some issues with our MH and they are doing everything they can to get all the warranty work done for us. I know it's a Newmar, however, they still have to go through the manufacturer to get approval.

We're working with the folks in Atlanta and they are just super. I am pushing anyone who asks "Where did you buy it" to go to NIRV. You can't go wrong.

Tags
anthem