Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2014, 10:58 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
Regardless of the exact figures you paid, I find it interesting that RVOne sold the show RV in place at Redmond.....and took your trade in at Redmond. The nearest RVOne locale I know of is Des Moines. I known it is industry practice to sell RVs at a big show, I just don't know how often they take trades and do the delivery some 1500 miles away. I think that combined with the desire to not drive a show vehicle back home was probably a savings for you.
You know, I guess I sympathize a little with the sales folks....there is plenty of pricing information in this forum. I advocate doing a little study and working your own deal, one you can be pleased with. When all was said and done, I know a couple of people who paid a couple thousand less than I did for my Anthem, and as Don Strollo and Terri know, I have ribbed them about it ever since...almost worth the price of commission. But I also think they were pretty good to me with my second deal. And I'm sure they made a fair profit as well.

The deal one makes is only good if they are satisfied with it. This was a good deal for me because I wanted a CS, I didn't want to drive to FL to get it, and I didn't want to wait for six months to get said CS. Mr Strollo accommodated me. I like RVOne...and they made a great delivery as I had the pleasure of having their top Tech go through the coach with me as well as prepare it. And evidently around six others kinda thought the same
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2014, 04:25 AM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
The deal one makes is only good if they are satisfied with it. This was a good deal for me because I wanted a CS, I didn't want to drive to FL to get it, and I didn't want to wait for six months to get said CS. Mr Strollo accommodated me. I like RVOne...and they made a great delivery as I had the pleasure of having their top Tech go through the coach with me as well as prepare it. And evidently around six others kinda thought the same
I have to compliment you Dave and a smart move. It is the only way I would buy another new coach. I have tried the ordering and that didn't work out too well for me. Next time, it will be "drive away ready" or I am not interested. Next month will be one year since we placed our order and we are just now on our first trip. You were very wise...two weeks start to finish and you are almost on your first trip.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:57 AM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Well Dave, the saying normally is "drive like you stole it" but in your case I'd say "drive it with a big grin"! Enjoy the ride.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:14 AM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulations on the great looking rig! Glad you decided to stay in the Entegra family...we would have missed you!
Flora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:40 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Dave,

Looking to follow in your footsteps.

I also plan to use RVOne again when We upgrade to a 2016 Anthem next year.

Curt

Sent from my iPhone
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:50 AM   #34
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
"Beth will post the pictures, but this is a nice coach."

Congratulations. We also love our CS. It just seems to get better as each mile goes by. ISX starting to get broken in and mileage anywhere from 7.2 to 8.9-at 65 MPH towing the Explorer. Quite pleased with power. Hardly realized that we were going over Raton Pass a couple of weeks ago. The Anthem got down to 40MPH on Raton-60 for the CS.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:19 AM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I have to compliment you Dave and a smart move. It is the only way I would buy another new coach. I have tried the ordering and that didn't work out too well for me. Next time, it will be "drive away ready" or I am not interested. Next month will be one year since we placed our order and we are just now on our first trip. You were very wise...two weeks start to finish and you are almost on your first trip.
True, but it has to be what you want and headed to a show...and not sold already. I got the impression if you wait till you get to the show, it may already be sold. And if this and other shows I've been to are any indication...RVOne will sell it while they are there. JMHO
Old 08-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora View Post
Congratulations on the great looking rig! Glad you decided to stay in the Entegra family...we would have missed you!
Thanks for the kind words...as to staying with Entegra, while we've had our ups and downs with quality and issues, loyalty to this company has not been hard. After looking hard at price versus fit and finish here at Redmond (and recognizing some of that is personal), I walked away liking my company. Newmars were nice with nice floor plans. Americans were expensive for the same thing with nice floor plans. Monaco...well, I spoke to several relatively new and several older Monaco owners who just seem really unhappy with their coaches and with new offerings from Monaco, but a small sample. So, in the end, you go with what you are comfortable with, and regardless of brand, that isn't all bad. JMHO
Old 08-20-2014, 10:34 AM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulations! That's my favorite floorplan so I'm a lovely shade of green right now. We wish you many years of enjoying your beautiful coach. Hope we meet one day on the road.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:41 AM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Dave & Beth

Looks like you are slacking off again. Your profile picture has a black and white Anthem picture on it.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:54 AM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Very nice Dave, enjoy your new coach to the fullest.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:05 AM   #40

Dave & Beth,

Congratulations on your new Cornerstone, she is absolutely gorgeous!!!! All the very best with the new coach, you both truly are deserving!!! Since I have joined this forum I have always appreciated your input and your guidance as I look to join this "family" in the future. So God bless, may the sun always shine on you, the road rise to meet you, and the wind always be at your back. Now go drive the wheels off that beast!!
Old 08-20-2014, 04:31 PM   #41

Hi Dave and Beth,

- Congratulations on an absolutely beautiful coach! I know you will be very happy with your new investment!

- Vee and I still have a couple more years before we really can enjoy our 2013 Anthem 44 DLQ; however, we are enjoying it as much as we can while still in the workforce these last couple of years.

- Again, congrats!

Stan and Vee
Stan Boddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:36 PM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
Hmmm - so now I am going to be between 2 Cornerstones in West Yellowstone..... And only one Midnight Illusion....

Great coach - congratulations.