Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2014, 07:59 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
Curt I had some odor issues with my Aspire and I installed these. Now we are minty fresh! 360 Products Inc
How many vent caps so I need to order and where do they go on the roof?
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2014, 08:01 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahall View Post
often times the smell of propane is confused with sewer odor, i have had the propane regulator fail on my aspire, if its windy outside you likley wont smell it, if not you may. get a bottle of soapy water and spray the regulator real good and watch for bubbles. mine did not fail at the connection it was the diaphram.
I will double check the propane tomorrow -- but I am pretty sure I know was it smells like.

Curt
Old 03-12-2014, 10:27 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
My Aspire required two. There are two other identical caps but they are used for routing wires to the solar panel and the second one was vacant. The two that are used has one over the potty room and the other over the kitchen. Since your is a 44U there might be one more vent for your second potty. I'm not sure if the Entegras with two baths share the ventline or have an extra one. Count the vents and see if you have four or five. You can tell the fake caps by looking in tbe sides to see if they are filled with that expanding foam. Don't remove those!
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:58 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisgeiger View Post
How many vent caps so I need to order and where do they go on the roof?
Curt, If you want to replace the vent caps they are the round caps in the photo right side of the solar panel. I would use the nose method to see which ones vent the tanks. If there is no odor at the vent, no need to replace that cap.

I see 5 vent caps on my roof, but only 2 of them will be venting the black and gray tanks.

Are you still smelling the odor full time our just when the weather conditions are right?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-01 11.58.22.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	58075  
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:28 AM   #19

Plus one more on the 360 vent caps. Every coach we have owned in certain wind conditions we would get the grey water smell inside the coach while driving. I promise you will not EVER smell either tank with the 360's installed. This is the first product I installed on my Aspire. I had them waiting for the coach to come in. Now on a whim I purchased Happy Campers and when I dump I don't smell anything......I mean nothing! With every other chemical I tried the smell while dumping was still really bad but not with Happy Camper.

JJ
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:27 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Curt, If you want to replace the vent caps they are the round caps in the photo right side of the solar panel. I would use the nose method to see which ones vent the tanks. If there is no odor at the vent, no need to replace that cap. I see 5 vent caps on my roof, but only 2 of them will be venting the black and gray tanks. Are you still smelling the odor full time our just when the weather conditions are right?
Way too windy today to investigate

Curt
Old 03-13-2014, 11:28 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
Plus one more on the 360 vent caps. Every coach we have owned in certain wind conditions we would get the grey water smell inside the coach while driving. I promise you will not EVER smell either tank with the 360's installed. This is the first product I installed on my Aspire. I had them waiting for the coach to come in. Now on a whim I purchased Happy Campers and when I dump I don't smell anything......I mean nothing! With every other chemical I tried the smell while dumping was still really bad but not with Happy Camper. JJ
Thanks JJ

I want to be a happy camper too

Curt
Old 03-13-2014, 05:18 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisgeiger View Post
Way too windy today to investigate

Curt
That is a good thing.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:06 PM   #23

We haven't encountered "the smell" with our coach. We empty and rinse often.

We had "the smell" with our previous toy hauler. Tried all kinds of things but we finally fixed "the smell" problem; by replacement!
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:08 PM   #24

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If it warmed up a lot since you filled your propane tanks, they will release a bit of gas as a safety measure. Sometimes this odor is mistaken for sewer tank smells.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:36 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahall View Post
often times the smell of propane is confused with sewer odor, i have had the propane regulator fail on my aspire, if its windy outside you likley wont smell it, if not you may. get a bottle of soapy water and spray the regulator real good and watch for bubbles. mine did not fail at the connection it was the diaphram.
Ahall,

I would never have guessed the smell was coming from the propane tank.

I went out to the propane bay door and as soon as I opened it I could smell the gas. I heard the leak hiss as well so I closed the valve.

I fill up the tank in February and now the tank reads zero -- there is no way I uses that much propane in 30 days.

All my propane must have leaked out.

I will have a technician look at the regulator next week.

Makes me feel bad that all that gas leaked out of my tank -- I wonder if I could have benefitted from some kind of gas alarm of some kind ???

Curt
Old 03-13-2014, 07:19 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Glad you found the problem Curt and a good suggestion from Ahall. Please don't take this offensively, it is only meant to help. The nose is a valuable tool around an RV and can help to avoid serious problems. Four scents an RV'er should become familiar with are black and gray tank scents, the smell of batteries gassing and that of LP gas. The first two are an easy and cheap fix, the last two can be very dangerous and expensive fix. Glad there was no damage except to the wallet.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:42 PM   #27

Glad it worked out, if you don't want to take It into a service location you can pick one up at most any camping world and replace it yourself or ask Entegra to ship one to you. It's a 5 minute job to replace.
Ahall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:36 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Same thing happened to us with the bad regulator on the tank. We didn't smell - it just had no gas to cook and discovered the smell after we filled the tank. We took the RV to a local dealer who diagnosed the problem and replaced the regulator. CS paid for the new part, labor and a fill-up of the propane. Be sure and return the bad regulator - we did not know to do that but it was handled with no problem after I called. Can't beat the folks at Entegra and how Joyce runs the department.
Flora is offline   Reply With Quote