Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2022, 11:46 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
outside radio won't turn on

Has anyone come across a fix for the outside stereo not working? Vision 27A. I have done the following troubleshooting:

- checked fuse
- checked battery in remote
- Tried remote and unit power buttons
- Pushed the little reset button mentioned in the users manual
- Asked the DW for advice
- Cursed a little

I haven't pulled the thing out yet, but I can't see it being unplugged, as it worked about a month ago when I last had it on.

The TV still works right beside it, so I'm a little stumped on this one.

Thanks in advance.
The Ward Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2022, 01:21 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ward Den View Post

You've got to be seriously struggling for a solution!

Sorry, all I can offer is my best wishes that you find the answer.

Take care,
Stu
Old 06-22-2022, 01:50 PM   #3

I agree with Stu, time for a beer!
On our SOB radio, there is a source selection
Maybe you changed the source accidentally?
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 02:32 PM   #4

Didja ever notice your next campsite neighbor walking around with a pair of diagonal wire side cutters in his hand?
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 03:15 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post

You've got to be seriously struggling for a solution!

Sorry, all I can offer is my best wishes that you find the answer.

Take care,
Stu

Yes, desperate times call for desperate measures...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
I agree with Stu, time for a beer!
On our SOB radio, there is a source selection
Maybe you changed the source accidentally?

I don't think so. The thing won't turn on at all, not just the the radio function. And I actually don't have a CD handy to try and see if that works. Not that it would insert without power anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL420 View Post
Didja ever notice your next campsite neighbor walking around with a pair of diagonal wire side cutters in his hand?

I hadn't. I only listen to it when I am at home or the shop doing something in the motorhome. I can see that as a potential source if I start listening to my music rather loud while out camping, however
Old 06-22-2022, 03:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Has anyone come across a fix for the outside stereo not working? Vision 27A. I have done the following troubleshooting:

- checked fuse
- Cursed a little

I haven't pulled the thing out yet, but I can't see it being unplugged, as it worked about a month ago when I last had it on.

Thanks in advance.

Is this still under warranty? I'm genuinely curious since its a 2022, and I'd assume still the "factory" stereo?
Is the TV 12v or 120v? It probably has a completely different power source.
Which fuse did you check?, almost all car stereos have one built into the back of them also which would require removal. Also there should be two fuses to run the stereo, since most will have a constant power and keyed power feed. I don't know if that would be both wired together or not on an RV.

2011 Fleetwood Terra 34DS
Pretaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 04:23 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't know how your exterior stereo is wired, but have you checked to see if you have power to the stereo itself? Presumably the TV next to it would be on the same circuit if it's 12v, but not necessarily.
If you have power to the stereo, and the fuse between it and the power is good, one could logically assume it's dead.
This happened to me with our Winnebago. The stereo was not "marinized", it was just a regular old car dash stereo and finally succumbed to years of errant moisture, humidity, vibration, and age. Plus Winnebago in it's wisdom mounted it directly under the kitchen faucet so if water happened to get under the faucet mount plate, guess where it went?
I replaced it with an inexpensive Boss marine boat stereo. I can't stand having something broken on my rig, even if we seldom or don't use it. Bonus that it has Bluetooth and I can now play tunes off my phone. I think it was about $60 on Amazon.
baraff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 05:05 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretaco View Post
Is this still under warranty? I'm genuinely curious since its a 2022, and I'd assume still the "factory" stereo?
Is the TV 12v or 120v? It probably has a completely different power source.
Which fuse did you check?, almost all car stereos have one built into the back of them also which would require removal. Also there should be two fuses to run the stereo, since most will have a constant power and keyed power feed. I don't know if that would be both wired together or not on an RV.

It is under warratny, and while our dealership is generally very good at getting back to me on things, i was hoping there was a quick fix I may have overlooked before contacting them.

It runs off the same fuse as the dash stereo (at least as per the diagram on the fuse box lid). I watched the dash radio go off as I pulled out the fuse to double check. I also did try turning it on when the ignition was on and in the acc mode. That didn't make a difference. I actually thought that might be the cause, so I was momentarily proud of myself.

I can check the other fuses to see if maybe it was tagged wrong.
Old 06-22-2022, 05:07 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by baraff View Post
I don't know how your exterior stereo is wired, but have you checked to see if you have power to the stereo itself? Presumably the TV next to it would be on the same circuit if it's 12v, but not necessarily.
If you have power to the stereo, and the fuse between it and the power is good, one could logically assume it's dead.
This happened to me with our Winnebago. The stereo was not "marinized", it was just a regular old car dash stereo and finally succumbed to years of errant moisture, humidity, vibration, and age. Plus Winnebago in it's wisdom mounted it directly under the kitchen faucet so if water happened to get under the faucet mount plate, guess where it went?
I replaced it with an inexpensive Boss marine boat stereo. I can't stand having something broken on my rig, even if we seldom or don't use it. Bonus that it has Bluetooth and I can now play tunes off my phone. I think it was about $60 on Amazon.

Maybe when I get a bit of time sitting in a parking lot for a few hours tailgating this Saturday I can get out some tools and do a little deeper digging. Things like pulling the face plate and seeing more. About the only thing I haven't checked is if it runs when I'm on shore power.
Old 07-04-2022, 02:01 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
So, with some extra time this trip, I pulled out the stereo altogether, and there was a 15 Amp fuse on the back of the unit that looked ok, but when I put a new one in, presto, it worked again. I will now just buy a pack of those particular fuses to have in hand in case it happens again.
Old 07-04-2022, 03:36 PM   #11

Glad you found the problem and thanks for the follow up.
It may help others.
Back to the 4th!
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 04:28 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Great job on the fix. Happy 4th of July.

Thanks for posting the follow up.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 03:45 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
So, with some extra time this trip, I pulled out the stereo altogether, and there was a 10 Amp fuse on the back of the unit that looked ok, but when I put a new one in, presto, it worked again. I will now just buy a pack of those particular fuses to have in hand in case it happens again.

Just a little correction. It was a 10 amp fuse (the red ones).
Old 07-07-2022, 01:37 PM   #14

Quote:

- checked fuse
- Cursed a little

Thanks in advance.
Hello, and sorry for your issues. I am puzzled when you said you checked the radio fuse but never pulled the unit out yet? Normally there is an inline fuse somewhere close to where the radio is that is an inline fuse. Suggest you pull the offending radio out and look for the fuse and also check the red wire for power with a volt meter while back there. Good luck
craigd853 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio