Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2017, 11:37 AM   #1

Outside TV and Bluetooth speaker

I can pair my phone or other device to the outside radio and play music thru the speakers. Trying to figure out if its possible to pair a wireless bluetooth speaker to the tv or radio to set nearby so as to not have the volume so loud up for all our neighbors to her. The radio is a JBL-PRV-176 in a "16 Anthem.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2017, 11:52 AM   #2

Spartan Chassis
Steve,

I have a new Sony Bluetooth speaker that I’m able to pair to my inside TV, but I haven’t had a chance yet to try it with my outside TV; too cold here right now. I think it will work.

Go to the TV menu, choose sound, choose additional settings and scroll all the way to the bottom of the list to find Bluetooth audio. Choose Bluetooth audio devices and set your speaker to pair. Even though the menu seems to indicate it’s only looking for Samsung devices my Sony GTk-XB60 came up to be paired.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 11:54 AM   #3

Her is how I do it. I use a OREI Da-34 optical to analog converter. It plugs into the optical out on the back of the TV. Then I use any Bluetooth transmitter into the DA-34 and sync to my Bose MiniSound.
Do not use the cheaper DA-24(?) as it doesn't not support some digital sound used by some of the HD channels.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:49 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Here is what we had to do on the Classics to get a Bluetooth speaker to work, I don't know if it is the same on the newer models. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/outs...ml#post3455387
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 01:25 PM   #5

I did as Chuck did. The key is the bluetooth transmitter. Not expensive on-line. I just split the line out off the TV and used one side to go to the radio as designed and the other to a bluetooth transmitter. I let the transmitter dangle so I can turn it on and off and pair it to different devices. It's powered from the outlet in the TV compartment. The difficult part is find a bluetooth speaker with an amplifier without paying an arm or leg so you can adjust the volume up on the speaker. The volume off the line out is not variable without turning on the TV speakers and does not have a lot of volume.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 05:00 PM   #6

Thanks for everyones input. Hopefully I'll get it to work .
Old 11-19-2017, 03:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
Steve,

I have a new Sony Bluetooth speaker that I’m able to pair to my inside TV, but I haven’t had a chance yet to try it with my outside TV; too cold here right now. I think it will work.

Go to the TV menu, choose sound, choose additional settings and scroll all the way to the bottom of the list to find Bluetooth audio. Choose Bluetooth audio devices and set your speaker to pair. Even though the menu seems to indicate it’s only looking for Samsung devices my Sony GTk-XB60 came up to be paired.
I followed your directions and was able to pair my speaker with the inside tv just as you said. But the outside tv has a different set of menu settings and nothing I can find for bluetooth. I'll keep at it. I may just be missing something somewhere. I'm not always the sharpest knife in the drawer.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:05 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Steve, if you do not have a Bluetooth setting on the outside TV or stereo, a Bluetooth dongle as shown in the linked post above will need to be added. They are as low as $6. on ebay if can you wait for China shipping.
Is the outside TV a smart TV? If so it should have Bluetooth. If it is a dumb TV like the Classics, Bluetooth will need to be added.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 05:32 PM   #9

Thanks Chuck. Will check into getting a bluetooth dongle.
Old 11-19-2017, 06:07 PM   #10

https://www.amazon.com/JBL-Portable-...rds=jbl+xtreme

We have two of these, set up as Left/Right for outside Stereo sound. Relatively decent sound under the circumstances, and the when a campground site is in a place where we're not disturbing our neighbors - we'll set these up approximately 15' away from out coaches, and about 12' apart for Stereo separation. We've been in a few areas where we've had the ability to use a medium volume level while sitting in the wilderness. Fun to see the reactions of wildlife to some of our tunes. We had two Moose calfs come closer to the music while boon docking about three hours outside of Tok, Alaska. We really felt the music we were playing at the time, was drawing them in closer!

A full charge to the Extreme's, will usually last us 4-5 days of tunes playing.

Is it high fidelity? No!. But they've taken some pretty good hits, been in medium rain, and being portable - let's us take the music where we want it!

Best to all,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote