RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-04-2014, 03:31 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 123
Overnight in Anthem at zero degrees

Spent last night at entegra factory ( plugged in ). Temp was just above zero.

With electric and diesel switches 'on' , I was very comfortable. Turning the fireplace on took out whatever chill might have been near the front of the coach.

I am confident that there is no other rv of any type that I have owned ( have owned a LOT--and this is my third dp after having A,C,B,trailers, fifth wheel, pop ups)------that would have kept me anywhere near as comfortable. No way to have known from inside that it was low single digits outside.

Just thought I would 'share' that info for anybody concerned about cold.

And , to top it off, Joyce and crew cooked pancakes and eggs for me before I had to leave to go home and back to work!


Tom Volk 2013 anthem deq

Not to sound like a broken record, but entegra continues to exceed any reasonable customer service expectations as well as ( one year into ownership) proving that their product is outstanding.
tvolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2014, 03:40 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,406
I am hopping that insulation will work as well for Florida summer heat (or more like betting on it)
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:59 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
DSL417's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6,507
Blog Entries: 2
Forwarned...you gotta do something about that big glass thing up front during the summer...pick spots facing North if possible and some type of external cover...we just added Magnashades.

That window is a heat engine Summer, and Winter.
__________________
Dave and Beth
2015 Cornerstone 45J
2020 Ford F-150 Lariat
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:48 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
spinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Denton, TX, 76207
Posts: 2,156
X2 on DSL's comments, we also went with MagnaShade, great product. Prior to that we had 3M Crystalline window film installed and although it works well (especially when driving on a sunny day) when you park and the sun comes blazing in you need an external shade.
In the Texas sun you would not believe the heat transfer through the windshield.
__________________
Steve Pinn
2008 Newmar Essex-4514
2009 Honda CRV
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:23 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
brobox's Avatar


 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SW FL
Posts: 24,228
Tom, if you were there this morning, hopefully you saw my coach being picked up by transportation to head south here to FL..

After watching the evening weather report, I hope it didn't ship today. If it did, it's nice to know the driver will be comfortable. The insulation was our #1 reason to stay with what we knew about Entegra's.
__________________
Chuck in SW FL
Digital 2021 Cornerstone "B"
A "Digital" 2019 Cornerstone "B" Traded
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:50 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
 
Cruzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Sheboygan, WI
Posts: 5,163
You guys make me sick. The only way I can keep from freezing in our Allegro Bus in that situation is if they would let me park it inside the Entegra shop at night.

I've looked hard at the Entegra insulation and (other than Newell - which is a whole different ball game) I haven't found anything to match the Entegra insulation. I'm looking forward to it (some day when my bank account, their floorplans, and the sun and moon are all in alignment).

As to keeping summer heat out -no worries. I went to an FMCA convention when it was hot and we checked out the various cabinets inside the different coach brands to see how hot they were. Quite a few could toast your bread while some were mildly warm but Entegra's upper cabinets were the coolest around. Entegra's just never cease to impress me.

However I did find a fifth wheel that similarly impressed me. It was Continental Coach, based out of Shipshewana, IN. So much that I did an article on them for RV Magazine. What will be interesting to Entegra owners is how Continental Coach got that way. My contact there was Jay Troyer, who worked with his father Glen at Travel Supreme. When Glen sold Travel Supreme to Jayco, Jay bought in and became a partner in Continental Coach. He brought all the design know-how with him and the Continental Coach has the same insulation, 3/8" plywood decking, and everything else that Travel Supreme and Entegra have. It's just that they have a fifth wheel hitch rather than engine under it. Turns out that the majority of their buyers are ex class-A owners who want to migrate to a fifth wheel but don't want to give up the amenities of a higher end diesel pusher.

This might be a bit off-topic but I thought you Entegra folks might be interested in it.
__________________
Mark & Leann Quasius
2016 Cornerstone 45A
2007 Allegro Bus 42QRP (Sold)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:44 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 123
Entegra today

Chuck

I got to the factory just before dark last night and left this am just after 8 am . All I saw was a few coaches in their ' to be serviced ' lot where I parked overnighte. I had an appointment-and just took advantage of the 24 hour break in the weather . ( I live 2hours from the factory in lower Michigan). So--I did not see anything to do with much of anything! I will go back to pick up my coach when it is done ----and when the stupid snow winter weather weather allows --or Memorial Day ---whichever comes first this year.

Mark--the difference between my 2010 phaeton and this entegra is , quite simply, night and day as far as heat and cooling ---due to better insulation. As discussed, only newmar appears to be close to entegra on this-although tiffin for 2014 claims to have added an insulation layer.

Do not mean to rub it in ( tiffin vs entegra insulation) --but the fact that so many entegras are /have been sold is partly your fault for being one of the first to tell everybody about build quality and construction of entegras!!! I can't believe that they have not given you some sort of killer deal to move from your Bus to an entegra as a thank you.


Tom Volk
tvolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:00 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Crippsfl's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvolk View Post
Chuck


Do not mean to rub it in ( tiffin vs entegra insulation) --but the fact that so many entegras are /have been sold is partly your fault for being one of the first to tell everybody about build quality and construction of entegras!!! I can't believe that they have not given you some sort of killer deal to move from your Bus to an entegra as a thank you.


Tom Volk
That's right - you got it - it's ALL Cruzer's fault!!

Being serious for a minute. I must say that reading Cruzer's evaluations were a big part of my due diligence when searching for a coach. His reporting is fair and even handed and I respect his opinions.

Thanks Cruzer

Ralph & Janet
2015 Cornerstone 45K (on order for June delivery)
2913 Ford Explorer
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:30 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
757driver's Avatar


 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cambridge, Ontario
Posts: 4,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvolk View Post
Spent last night at entegra factory ( plugged in ). Temp was just above zero.

With electric and diesel switches 'on' , I was very comfortable. Turning the fireplace on took out whatever chill might have been near the front of the coach.

I am confident that there is no other rv of any type that I have owned ( have owned a LOT--and this is my third dp after having A,C,B,trailers, fifth wheel, pop ups)------that would have kept me anywhere near as comfortable. No way to have known from inside that it was low single digits outside.

Just thought I would 'share' that info for anybody concerned about cold.

And , to top it off, Joyce and crew cooked pancakes and eggs for me before I had to leave to go home and back to work!


Tom Volk 2013 anthem deq

Not to sound like a broken record, but entegra continues to exceed any reasonable customer service expectations as well as ( one year into ownership) proving that their product is outstanding.
That is comforting to know Tom, thanks for your first hand observation. More reinforcement that I picked the right coach.
__________________
Don & Gerri
2014 Entegra Anthem 44B
2014 Honda CRV Touring

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:16 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
oneal's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 447
We spent a night at a Walmart in northern PA after we picked our Anthem up a month ago in similar temps with no shore power. Had the gen set on auto so it cycled 6 or so times in the night to maintain the batteries and we were snug and happy. The local pizza shop found it funny when we called to have pizza delivered to the Walmart parking lot in a snow storm. I had driven over 600 miles in snow and sleet that day so it was a great ending to a little adventure.
__________________
Neal, Tam, & JR
Elmo & Rosie (Cavaliers) Aggie (White Lab)
2014 Anthem 44DLQ
oneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:26 AM   #11
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneal View Post
......no shore power. Had the gen set on auto so it cycled 6 or so times in the night to maintain the batteries
Sounds like you need to adjust your auto generator start system. Cycling the generator on and off 6 times in one night sounds like too much! The generator should not need to start until the batteries are at 50-60% state of charge and then should run long enough to bring them to at least 80-90%. This is a ballpark figure, you can fine tune to your preferences from here.

Probably set the generator "start" voltage at 11.5 This is a batteries "under load" voltage, that would equate to about 12.1 if the batteries were at rest.
pasdad1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:45 PM   #12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 441
The first weekend we spent in our new 2014 Aspire I though we had made a big mistake! August 1st 2014 and it was 104 in Plano. We were parked where the sun shown on the front of the coach all day. We could not get the front of the coach under 82 degrees with all three A/C's on. We went to town and purchased aluminum foil and covered the inside of the windshield. This cured the problem and as soon as we got home we made something better. On my Beaver I have a sun shield that you could see through but stopped 98% of the heat. It worked great but I had to drill and install snaps. I did not want to do this on the Aspire so we bought material and made a cover that goes inside. It works and did not cost must at all but an outside unit works much better. There are two answers for me. The magnetic unit is killer but expensive. We don't like to stay in Texas in July and August so if we are going to stay in the coach in summer we go to one of our favorite places......... Ouray, CO. or Ruidoso, NM. We have never had to worry about the windshield heat in Ouray or Ruidoso.


JJ
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:04 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
brobox's Avatar


 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SW FL
Posts: 24,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
The first weekend we spent in our new 2014 Aspire I though we had made a big mistake! August 1st 2014 and it was 104 in Plano. We were parked where the sun shown on the front of the coach all day. We could not get the front of the coach under 82 degrees with all three A/C's on. We went to town and purchased aluminum foil and covered the inside of the windshield. This cured the problem and as soon as we got home we made something better. On my Beaver I have a sun shield that you could see through but stopped 98% of the heat. It worked great but I had to drill and install snaps. I did not want to do this on the Aspire so we bought material and made a cover that goes inside. It works and did not cost must at all but an outside unit works much better. There are two answers for me. The magnetic unit is killer but expensive. We don't like to stay in Texas in July and August so if we are going to stay in the coach in summer we go to one of our favorite places......... Ouray, CO. or Ruidoso, NM. We have never had to worry about the windshield heat in Ouray or Ruidoso.
JJ
JJ, just throwing this out for reference. We had these on the TS and they held up great and simple to install. I ordered a set for the Entegra and have them ready to go. I think the front windshield is only about $270. I ordered front and both side window with the storage bag for just a tad over $400 with shipping. RV Sunscreen | Our Sunscreens, Shades and Covers
__________________
Chuck in SW FL
Digital 2021 Cornerstone "B"
A "Digital" 2019 Cornerstone "B" Traded
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:23 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
MRUSA14's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 7,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
JJ, just throwing this out for reference. We had these on the TS and they held up great and simple to install. I ordered a set for the Entegra and have them ready to go. I think the front windshield is only about $270. I ordered front and both side window with the storage bag for just a tad over $400 with shipping. RV Sunscreen | Our Sunscreens, Shades and Covers
I just got the Prompt RV Sunscreens for my Anthem, and they are as good as Magneshades at half the price. Goes up in 60 seconds with no ladder required, and you don't have the magnets attached to your windshield all the time. Call me a happy camper.
__________________
Marc and Jill, Wellington FL
2013 Entegra Anthem 44SL
2018 Lincoln MKX
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anthem Mail's Here BUS4US Entegra Owner's Forum 27 06-15-2015 04:35 PM
44B Anthem Delivering Today JimnEllen Entegra Owner's Forum 44 09-11-2014 09:48 AM
Interest in Anthem U? Ls50 Entegra Owner's Forum 3 01-29-2014 06:59 AM
Anthem vs Allegro Bus aza Entegra Owner's Forum 9 01-23-2014 11:01 AM
Looking at GVW - What does your Anthem DEQ GVW sticker say? hogdriver Entegra Owner's Forum 8 01-19-2014 08:10 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.