Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2016, 02:24 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Oxygenics Shower Head

Looking for a bit more performance from the shower head so I purchased the Oxygenics unit after a couple of people commented on how great it is for increasing the perceived water pressure.

Well, I installed the unit and found that it has very little increase force compared to the standard shower head that came in the Anthem. Called Oxygenics and they told me to remove the small o ring that was a part of the flow restriction. Still no increase in performance.

Anybody have this head? How is it working for you? I do have a standard Camco pressure regulator on the campground water supply. Not sure what the pressure is feeding the MH.

Anyway, any comments or thought on the Oxygenics head would be appreciated.

Tks

Jim
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2016, 02:28 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Try removing the pressure regulator to see if there is any change. Mine performs very well. Bronk
bronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 03:18 PM   #3
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Or try running the shower on your coach water pump and see what it's like. The pressure from the pump should be about as high as Entegra recommends for the plumbing.

(Posted via iOS App)
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 04:01 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
If you have the "standard Camco" pressure regulator, it is really just a flow restrictor. If the opening inside inside is only 3/8 of in inch, that might be the problem. A Watts pressure regulator with a full 1/2 inch opening will allow full water flow without restricting it.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 04:02 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I replaced the one Winnebago installed with an Oxygenics and we are pleased with the way it works. I also use a Watts (home style) pressure regulator at the post. That was a great improvement.
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 04:23 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I have had very good luck with Speakman shower heads. I have one in our home as well as our coach. You will find them in many hotels and they are very high rated on Amazon. Just a warning, they are not solid metal but perform quite well, especially in low volume/pressure applications.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also use this on/off valve.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
vito.a is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 04:26 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
The camco standard pressure " regulator" is junk. Toss it and get an adjustable model ..if the park has reasonable ( under 60 over 40 lbs) forget the regulated until you can get one . I have a watts home model I converted I also have the shower head and it's great but it does need " some" pressure. As already said use the onboard tank and pump .. You'll see the difference. A good regulator and a couple water pressure gauges will be a good investment. All that and with proper pressure 50-55 you won't have a problem with the old shower head either. If the park your in , has lousy water pressure, use the onboard pump and tank for showers.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:07 PM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
I have the Oxygenics; I tossed the flow restrictor and the inline shut off valve. I do use the adjustable water regulator (with sight gauge) and use the onboard fresh water tank and pump where park water pressures are less than 40 psi (flowing).

Hope this helps,
Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:52 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks everyone for your comments

I just ordered a real pressure regulator. Will see how that goes before returning the Oxygenics head. The one thing I will need to resolve is that when the head is in the holder the weight forces the holder to fall forward. There is a screw that I may be able to tighten that will keep the head upright.

Right now I just want to get the pressure up and see how that goes.

Again thanks....

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post
Looking for a bit more performance from the shower head so I purchased the Oxygenics unit after a couple of people commented on how great it is for increasing the perceived water pressure.

Well, I installed the unit and found that it has very little increase force compared to the standard shower head that came in the Anthem. Called Oxygenics and they told me to remove the small o ring that was a part of the flow restriction. Still no increase in performance.

Anybody have this head? How is it working for you? I do have a standard Camco pressure regulator on the campground water supply. Not sure what the pressure is feeding the MH.

Tks

Jim
Old 08-23-2016, 07:55 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Jim, Ron gave the correct way to check the head. Turn off City water and switch on the pump for your fresh water tank. That will be the same pressure as a "real" water pressure regulator and should test your shower head perfect.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:07 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck

I actually did that and even with the pump the performance of the head was weak. Hey, maybe it is a defective head...but the thing seems so simple that it is hard to see where it could fail. Even called Oxygenics C/S and they could only tell me to take out the O Ring and this did not improve things very much.

In general the water flow in the coach from the faucets etc. does not seem very robust. Maybe a clogged filter, but then the coach is only 5 or 6 weeks old.

Still investigating so the next step will be to see how the new regulator works.

Rg

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Jim, Ron gave the correct way to check the head. Turn off City water and switch on the pump for your fresh water tank. That will be the same pressure as a "real" water pressure regulator and should test your shower head perfect.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:23 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
The Oxygenics shower head is great. But the standard in-line water regulators are JUNK and really should be called flow restrictions.

This is a much better one for RV use.
Water Regulator Adjustable - $51.99

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:24 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post
Tks
Jim
MoHoGo
I bought an Oxygenics shower head 2 years ago.
(IMO it was a waste of $31.99).
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:39 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
JMO, but if you don't like the shower head on tank pressure, you probably won't like it on regulated pressure either. Good way to test the two shower heads, switch them back and forth while on tank pressure.

Tags
shower