Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2013, 10:41 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Paint issues

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

Anyone else having paint issues with their coach? See attached photos. We are taking the coach back to Middlebury next month with a punch list of items to get fixed. I’m curious if anyone else is having paint issues like this. After seeing the paint bubbles we started to really look and noticed that when the sun shines on the coach you can see swirl marks all over. Just wanted to share our oh so sad paint job.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	paint bubbles.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	52536   Click image for larger version

Name:	swirl marks.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	52537  

14 Cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 Cornerstone View Post
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

Anyone else having paint issues with their coach? See attached photos. We are taking the coach back to Middlebury next month with a punch list of items to get fixed. I’m curious if anyone else is having paint issues like this. After seeing the paint bubbles we started to really look and noticed that when the sun shines on the coach you can see swirl marks all over. Just wanted to share our oh so sad paint job.

Tim
The swirl marks are no big deal and can be easily removed. It was probably done by the dealer in prepping the coach. The paint bubbling is a big deal and needs to be resolved which, of course, Middlebury will. You might want to tell them ahead of time that you have paint work issues. I had some issues like that on a much smaller scale but those look bad.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
The swirl marks are no big deal and can be easily removed. It was probably done by the dealer in prepping the coach. The paint bubbling is a big deal and needs to be resolved which, of course, Middlebury will. You might want to tell them ahead of time that you have paint work issues. I had some issues like that on a much smaller scale but those look bad.
Entegra knows about the paint issues. We sent them a lot of pictures. I’m just not looking foreword to the drive to that part of the country that time of year. Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Old 12-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 Cornerstone View Post
Entegra knows about the paint issues. We sent them a lot of pictures. I’m just not looking foreword to the drive to that part of the country that time of year. Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
I hear that! Hopefully you won't have to be there long!! I think I might be trying to decide if I could postpone that trip!!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
I hear that! Hopefully you won't have to be there long!! I think I might be trying to decide if I could postpone that trip!!
We are just going to drop it off and get the heck out of there. LOL I’m sure they will need the coach for a while for that to be fixed.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
I've spent some time and $$ in Middlebury in Dec/Jan '13 to rectify paint and other issues.
Re: the paint swirls I have them on my '11 coach. It was sent over to PP for some repair and to fix the swirls. After a inspection Entegra's approach was "we see swirls AND we see light scratches along the side top caused by branches", so all they would do was split a buffing and polishing effort 3 ways , Entegra/me/PP. When I came to pickup the coach it was snowing horizontally with forecast of major accumulation...so I got out of there as quick as I could.
Got home to sunny Fla the coach was covered in road/salt grime, got it washed off and VOIL'A the swirls (and scratches) are still there, only now they are fresh swirls. Whether they were initially caused by the dealers dirty buffing pads or by PP, the fact remains my current swirls are definitely caused by dirty Precision Paint pads.
I'm living with it...not happy, but I've got too many other windmills to swing at. Yes I did relay all this back to Entegra (Don Brubaker).
mccsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Yes, yes, and yes, I have had issues. Had bubbles on the rear fins of the engine cover. PP fixed that. I have big 5 foot swirls that show in the sunlight. That didn't get fixed, but i'm going back for warrantee paint fix, that PP ID'd under the clear coat (a "z" shaped swath about a foot tall) that Paul at PP found when I was last there as we did a walk around.

Yesterday as I washed the front cap, I found two places I hadn't seen before that again looks like a thin coaxing of paint and the undercoat showing. Finally, I'm very disappointed with the continued chipping I'm seeing...in places there is no way a rock got there.

Needless to say, another discussion of paint job is coming.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #8

My paint issue is with my gas cap. It didn't get enough clear coat and its flat, not shiny like the rest of the coach. I don't have any bubbling like your picture shows. That's just wild. The paint swirls should buff out.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
We have places with thin paint and/or clear coat and the bottom of the rig's paint is not smooth. Looks like orange peel effect. Going to the factory in June and that is on the list. We have our hopes up
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Thank you all for this post. I will be going over mine now with a fine tooth comb. If it doesn't pass, I do not have to accept delivery and I would not. Thanks again.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Thank you all for this post. I will be going over mine now with a fine tooth comb. If it doesn't pass, I do not have to accept delivery and I would not. Thanks again.
I will be looking at mine when it is delivered - CLOSELY. I am with Brobox. A $500K coach should be PERFECT!
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:11 AM   #12

I noticed the swirl marks. This is after the sales person told me that the paint will not cure and to only to use a sheep's wool polishing cloth. I guess their detail department didn't get the message. I am thinking that next summer will be spent with swirl compound and a polishing cloth trying to undo the damage.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:11 AM   #13

My 2014 Aspire has the swirls. When I got home from MHS the first day the sun was at just the right angle and the DW ask what the hell is this......pointing at swirls all over the coach. The next day we could not see them no matter how we looked for them. MHS said they must have washed it with a dirty pad and they would fix it. Even now unless the sun angle is just right you can't see it. I doubt I will worry about it even though I don't like seeing it. My guess just a buff is NOT going to help.

JJ
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #14

We have major major paint issues too. The paint is chipping off everywhere. Pretty sure they are gonna need to re paint ours. We have a 2013 Cornerstone 45k.

See our pics. Also going back in Jan.

Name:	image-219072770.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	478.1 KB
ID:	52594

Name:	image-1353222003.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	339.0 KB
ID:	52595

Name:	image-1587473726.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	386.0 KB
ID:	52596

The paint is separating like its not bonded correctly. This paint issue was present from the very beginning.
Jgehrls is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paint