Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Park cost option

Looked through the forum and couldn't find a better place to post this so here it is on the Entegra forum.

We checked in a park yesterday that we will be at for at least 22 days. Of the weather is good on the 29th we will begin our journey back to Texas, if not we will stay a little longer. They have me a weekly rate of $195, add the extra day and total cost was $630 which includes electricity and cable. When we were in the coach last night I looked at their paperwork and the monthly rate is $355 which doesn't include electricity or cable. Simple math tells me I can save a lot of $ by paying for a month even if I only stay for 22 days. I stopped by the office to discuss it and the camp worker said the person that checked me in should have suggested that option. I said she didn't. The worker said they don't give refunds and payment has already been made. Long story shortened she called later and said they will give me a refund but charge a 20% processing fee (excessive!). Even with that I should save well over $100 for the stay; $355 plus $40-70 for electricity and $30 for cable. I tried to set up DishTV today but having an antenna already really confused the sales person.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #2

As for the Dish, what kind of satellite and reciever do you have? Do you have an RV account?
Old 11-09-2013, 03:54 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
All I have is the Winegard Road Trip In-Motion antenna that is installed on the coach. I am going with Dish because my antenna isn't compatible with Direct HD.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Vance, I almost always look at the various rates t decide on length of stay and approach to an area. It seems many places the cost of a month is just slightly more than the cost of a couple of weeks. Kinda crazy...but that seems the way it works.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Part deuax....on the Dish, call the national service number and ask for the RV section. One nice thing about Dish is that they have a section that services specifically RVs. They'll understand what you need and how to get there.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #6

tv

Look in your manual, most satellites come ready for direct TV and on ours had to move a couple of dip switches inside the dish for DISH. See if you manual says anything about them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-09-16-01-11.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	352.2 KB
ID:	49541  
Old 11-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Vance, You have the Winegard antenna, call Winegard and they can walk you right through it. RV DISH - Pay As You Go! No Contracts, No Commitments!
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:18 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry for the confusion; the post was more about park cost than satellite TV.

Dave - I learned about that the hard way. We have never stayed at one place more than a couple days so I didn't consider a monthly rate, I will in the future.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Times must be getting better. I talked to a park owner this week and he's dropping his monthly rate since he's full anyway. My logic about building goodwill fell on deaf ears.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
I told this person we will be here 2-3 times a year and like this park but them saying they don't do refunds, especially when the person yesterday didn't mention the monthly rate was almost $300 less than she was charging me, would make me look at other parks.

With sage input from this forum I will check monthly rates from now on when we stay more than a week or so.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The antenna needs to be programmed for Dish.. How to do this I can not tell you.. You need to download the manual from Winegard. (it will tell you how)

In-Motion domes, for this discussion come in different types.

Some work with only one sat but you may be able to re-aim by manual selection.

Type 2 can work with 2 satellites, under receiver control BUT...

Type 3 can work with all 3 needed satellites under receiver control.. BUT (Same but).

BUT this only works with a SINGLE receiver if you have multiple receivers or a multi-channel DVR.. You have a problem if you want to record shows on 2 different birds.