Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2018, 07:26 AM   #1

Passenger seat problem

The electronic foot rest will stop working from time to time and then the seat will make a clicking sound on and off for a while. Then it may start to work again. I have been Messing with wires but I’m not getting anywhere.

Has anyone experienced this issue? The other functions of the seat work just the foot rest is affected.
sirrom26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2018, 01:41 PM   #2

I would check the connections to the switch and the motor. It sounds like a loose wire somewhere. I would check the switch by bypassing it to see if you can duplicate the problem.
Let us know what you find out.

-Tor
2017 Anthem 44B
737 Driver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrom26 View Post
The electronic foot rest will stop working from time to time and then the seat will make a clicking sound on and off for a while. Then it may start to work again. I have been Messing with wires but I’m not getting anywhere.

Has anyone experienced this issue? The other functions of the seat work just the foot rest is affected.
Exact same issue with me. I can't seem to find the problem. I will be taking it back to the dealer soon.
czeeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 10:09 AM   #4

I ordered a new switch to see if that could be the culprit. I have constant power. So it has to either be the motor or the switch. Switch was easiest and cheapest. I will let you know what happens.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:31 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Our 15 CS started that this trip. But before, when you raised the foot rest, there was a strange movement in the seat under your behind. Now the only way it will go up or down is by standing up and pushing the button. Believe this is a mechanical issue, not a wiring issue.
TurboDaveTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:04 AM   #6

The passenger foot rest would not work on my 2018 Aspire too. Took it into the dealership yesterday for some work and the tech found the wiring issue and had it working in about 10 minutes. I have no idea what he did, but it was ( for him ) an easy fix.
czeeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:31 PM   #7

I received the new switch today and that fixed the problem. Happy wife for our next road trip.
Old 06-15-2018, 06:40 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My co pilot seat has a mechanical issue with the foot rest. There were several loose bolts in the foot rest. After tightening them, the foot rest will go up and down as it should. That is until someone sits in the seat and it won’t go up or down. Not sure but it seems that with pressure, the seat is coming in contact with the foot motor. Maybe it is causing motor to bind? Not sure how the screw shaft is activated by the motor. It is definitely a mechanical problem.
TurboDaveTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:03 PM   #9

That is way above my pay grade. Trial and error seems to be what works best for me. When I run out of options I make an appointment with the pros.