Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2017, 05:15 AM   #1

Pelican compact RO unit

Has anyone tried this unit? I have a home master, three filter, 7 stage filtration system for my house and it's outstanding. I'm just wondering how the Pelican 6 stage stacks up. It sure is nice and compact which is a plus. I'd like to hook it up to my ice maker as well as the sink
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2017, 05:20 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Is this the one? https://www.pelicanwater.com/pelican...se-osmosis.php
That system looks interesting and easy to install. How easy is it to get replacement filters?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 05:22 AM   #3

Pelican Water Pro 6-Stage Under Countertop Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filtration System with Brushed Nickel Faucet Dispenser-PRO-RO-BN - The Home Depot
Old 05-13-2017, 05:31 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
If it's sold at Home Depot it looks like getting replacement filers will be easy. My S&B RO system is an older model and now I have to hunt for filter online. It's now the first question I ask.

I was at a home show this spring talking to an RO dealer, their filter cost were like printer ink, the cartridges cost more than the printer, same with their RO filters.
That looks to be a nice unit.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:15 PM   #5

we bought one for the house a few months ago, works great easy to install. I had to drill a hole in the counter, that was the hardest part. They have auto ship on the filters. alot cheaper than other options we looked at.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:51 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I started thinking about that unit more......how would it fit and move in the sliding drawer?
Old 05-14-2017, 02:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I started thinking about that unit more......how would it fit and move in the sliding drawer?
I would put it in the basement and run a "T" line so it could supply the refrigerator and sink.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:15 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
That makes sense, I thought from your post you were looking to put it under the sink. You meant to supply the sink, it looks to be a nice unit. I might look at that unit a little closer to do the same thing. I might even replace my antique S&B sink unit.
Old 05-15-2017, 01:38 PM   #9

Quote:
That makes sense, I thought from your post you were looking to put it under the sink. You meant to supply the sink, it looks to be a nice unit. I might look at that unit a little closer to do the same thing. I might even replace my antique S&B sink unit.
I just have to trace the plumbing lines to the sink. That might be a task in and of itself.
Old 05-15-2017, 01:54 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Why not use it to fill your water tank, which would then supply your entire coach via the water pump?
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 01:58 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Why not use it to fill your water tank, which would then supply your entire coach via the water pump?
True RO systems waste 5-8 gallons for every gallon of drinkable water.
Old 05-15-2017, 02:26 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
I just have to trace the plumbing lines to the sink. That might be a task in and of itself.
I don't know about the newer models, but on the Classics there is a smaller Flow Pur 3 water filter next to the whole house filter that supplies the kitchen drinking water faucet and the ice maker. I think it was 2015 they discontinued the drinking water faucet, but if the ice maker line is still run the same way, it would be easy to connect the drinking water faucet at the kitchen sink. I am sure they probably changed the plumbing, but see if you can find the line where the ice maker water line shut of is. If it runs in the slide to the ice maker, your home free to add a faucet at the kitchen sink.
Old 05-15-2017, 02:33 PM   #13

Quote:
I don't know about the newer models, but on the Classics there is a smaller Flow Pur 3 water filter next to the whole house filter that supplies the kitchen drinking water faucet and the ice maker. I think it was 2015 they discontinued the drinking water faucet, but if the ice maker line is still run the same way, it would be easy to connect the drinking water faucet at the kitchen sink. I am sure they probably changed the plumbing, but see if you can find the line where the ice maker water line shut of is. If it runs in the slide to the ice maker, your home free to add a faucet at the kitchen sink.
The ice water shut off valve is located in the water compartment. That's a snap, but the kitchen faucet is on the opposite slide. Somehow, I need to route the line from the T in the ice line up through the basement ceiling and into the slide. I haven't looked, but I don't think the faucet supply lines are exposed in the basement. Or are they?
Old 05-15-2017, 03:12 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
The ice water shut off valve is located in the water compartment. That's a snap, but the kitchen faucet is on the opposite slide. Somehow, I need to route the line from the T in the ice line up through the basement ceiling and into the slide. I haven't looked, but I don't think the faucet supply lines are exposed in the basement. Or are they?
On the Classics, the ice maker line supplied the drinking water faucet much like the one that comes with the RO unit. Those have since been discontinued in the Entegra's. How close is the ice maker line to the sink?

On the Classic that RO unit would be a simple install. Remove the Flow Pur filter and install the RO unit in it's place, all the plumbing for the sink faucet and ice maker are there and already in use. I am like you, I only use RO water for what I drink and to make coffee. The water softener takes care of the faucets and water spotting. I think that RO unit will be this winters project.