Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2020, 12:58 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Pennsylvania Turnpike New Toll Rates

Just check what the toll would be from New Stanton to Gettysburg Pike which is 160 Miles.
Coach with 3 axles and a toad with 2 axes
Total 5. Weight class would fall in their 30,001 to 45,000 range which is their class 5.

Rate would be $73.30 if toll by plate or $52.40 if you have E-Z Pass.
I talk to a lady at the turn pike commission and she said they have scales at all entry and exits. They don’t have toll booths anymore and have went permanently cashless.

If anyone knows anything different about the current rates please post....thanks.

Richard
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2020, 01:51 PM   #2

just avoid the turnpike. there are many alternate routes.recently took two trips toward western pa and did not get on the rip off turnpike. and i live fairly close to an interchange.
jeanluc001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 02:03 PM   #3

We head from Ohio to MD every year to see my sister. I'm certainly interested in any suggested routes for bypassing the PA turnpike. I have to get to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to get to the Delmarva peninsula, and I'm leaving from the Cleveland area and usually take the Ohio turnpike east.

Gasman2....hope you don't mind me posting this. Irregardless of tolls, I just hate the PA turnpike....had a bit of an accident in a construction zone in 2018 and it scared the daylights out of me. Luckily, we only bounced off a cement barrier and damage to the rig wasn't serious...just some repainting and two new compartment doors. But that certainly made me want to consider alternate routes!
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 02:06 PM   #4

Just another case of the spend thrift politicians with their hand in your pocket to pay for all their Pork Barrel plans. When you refuse to use these roads and local traffic backs up the local populous raises Cain. Have you done the calculation for the George Washington Bridge with the same rig? Hold your sox.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 02:09 PM   #5

in ohio south to 70 east on 70 to 79 south to 68 east changes to 70 close to hagerstown. 70 to 270 to 50 bay bridge.
jeanluc001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 02:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbwr View Post
We head from Ohio to MD every year to see my sister. I'm certainly interested in any suggested routes for bypassing the PA turnpike. I have to get to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to get to the Delmarva peninsula, and I'm leaving from the Cleveland area and usually take the Ohio turnpike east.

Gasman2....hope you don't mind me posting this. Irregardless of tolls, I just hate the PA turnpike....had a bit of an accident in a construction zone in 2018 and it scared the daylights out of me. Luckily, we only bounced off a cement barrier and damage to the rig wasn't serious...just some repainting and two new compartment doors. But that certainly made me want to consider alternate routes!
I-78 in PA to I-376, to I-79, to Morgantown, to I-68, to I-70. A few tolls in NW PA, but not a bad run. We use it all the time coming and going to Alaska (9 trips).
Old 08-12-2020, 02:32 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
scbwr:
"We head from Ohio to MD every year to see my sister. I'm certainly interested in any suggested routes for bypassing the PA turnpike. I have to get to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to get to the Delmarva peninsula, and I'm leaving from the Cleveland area and usually take the Ohio turnpike east."

I'm just a few miles down 71 from you and make that trip several times a year.
76E to 376S to 79S to 68E to 70E to 29S to 100S to 97S to 50E. This avoids most of DC traffic and puts you on 50 at Annapolis. Just came back that way last Saturday. You will be on a little stretch of the PA turnpike, but you are off before the tunnels/curves/tighter lanes/construction areas.

Hope your sister did okay with the hurricane. We got chased west for a day then went back for the rest of the WMO.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:36 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We just drove the turnpike. We normally go the fastest and easiest route from campground to campground. The turnpike cost was enough to get my attention and make me think about looking at alternative routes when they make since. Better scenery and no tolls might be worth adding a little time to the trip.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 04:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigman1 View Post
Just another case of the spend thrift politicians with their hand in your pocket to pay for all their Pork Barrel plans. When you refuse to use these roads and local traffic backs up the local populous raises Cain. Have you done the calculation for the George Washington Bridge with the same rig? Hold your sox.
"...spend thrift politicians..." have little to do with the tolls. It has a lot to do with how the road construction was financed, and how maintenance is financed. I hate toll roads too, but sometimes they are a necessary evil.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 05:02 PM   #10

"spend thrift politicians" Correct!
The NYS Thruway was supposed to become toll free a few years after it was built. Many many years later the tolls just keep increasing. The road keeps deteriorating.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:05 PM   #11

Forest River Owners Club
Following with interest. We live near the turnpike and use it for short stretches and have an EZPass. However, our new-to-us Georgetown puts us over the weight limit for the standard EZPass. They have signs up saying that now they toll by plate, but with our bike rack in the receiver, our MH plate would be impossible to read. So I've been afraid to use the turnpike this summer (one trip) and just took an alternate route.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:38 PM   #12

Thanks for the suggested routes to MD. I will be writing them down a looking at the map!

Happy travels!!
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 05:48 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
"spend thrift politicians" Correct!
The NYS Thruway was supposed to become toll free a few years after it was built. Many many years later the tolls just keep increasing. The road keeps deteriorating.
Yep, the gift that keeps on giving. When the state (or toll authority, same thing) adjusts rates to stick it to the trucking industry, and the out of state users, and the other privileged classes, you know it's political. I've watched DOT budgets closely and especially the expenditures for things that are questionable at best. Remember state DOT's get a percentage of every cent of gas tax you pay. The general attitude is, "easy in, easy out". Every toll, for the most part, is sold as,"Just until it's paid for" and I cannot think of one that has been removed. A free ride and we can always find places to use (hide) it. To believe less is incredibly naive.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:48 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by scbwr View Post
Thanks for the suggested routes to MD. I will be writing them down a looking at the map!

Happy travels!!
Well I'm not a fan of the PA turnpike but I'm not going to go out of my way to save $52 and waste half as day or more plus use $60 worth of Diesel just to not pay the toll.

The biggest problem with the PA pike is that if you are in the right lane some of those 90 year old bridges only have a 12" 7" clearance on the Passenger side. Doesn't work with a 13' roof. At 65 MPH trying to get over to the center lane can make you pucker a bit.
2016 Dutch Star 4018 Newmar #605899
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote