Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2021, 05:56 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Peregrine Pines FamCamp

We’re at the AF Academy RV Park for the next couple days. Our second time here. We asked for satellite friendly sites both times, first one failed. Today they admitted they haven’t checked satellite reception for over 5 years. No satellite, no wifi but we love it here. This is Site #66, probably the prettiest site we’ve been in but a bit of a challenge to back in to while dodging trees. I scored an 85. I kissed the tree near the door on my first attempt with the exhaust tip (why didn’t I change the setting on my new camera from hitch view when in reverse?). Rather that tour the Academy leisurely tomorrow I will be looking for a new exhaust tip!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6437.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	710.3 KB
ID:	328806

Name:	IMG_6438.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	403.2 KB
ID:	328807

Name:	IMG_6439.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	328809
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6439.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	328808  
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2021, 06:52 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
We’re at the AF Academy RV Park for the next couple days. Our second time here. We asked for satellite friendly sites both times, first one failed. Today they admitted they haven’t checked satellite reception for over 5 years. No satellite, no wifi but we love it here. This is Site #66, probably the prettiest site we’ve been in but a bit of a challenge to back in to while dodging trees. I scored an 85. I kissed the tree near the door on my first attempt with the exhaust tip (why didn’t I change the setting on my new camera from hitch view when in reverse?). Rather that tour the Academy leisurely tomorrow I will be looking for a new exhaust tip!

Attachment 328806

Attachment 328807

Attachment 328809
Really like that famcamp. Lots of trains run right by it.
J Gunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 08:41 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Thankfully an easy plug and play fix without having to go to a body shop.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 09:10 AM   #4

Why not take it off and try pounding it back into shape?
I am surprised given the shape it is in now, it did not do more damage inward with other components.
P.S. I’m jealous of your fishing prowess.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 09:48 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
Why not take it off and try pounding it back into shape?
I am surprised given the shape it is in now, it did not do more damage inward with other components.
P.S. I’m jealous of your fishing prowess.

I sent the pics of the tip to Spartan. They said there isn’t an actual restriction and shouldn’t pose a problem driving. I will try a couple ways to open it a little more before we head out.

Fishing - Thanks! I can’t wait to get back up to fast, cold water!
Old 05-20-2021, 11:06 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
We go to that campground often. I can get a satellite signal about 10% of the time but it is in our top 10 favs. Watch for the black squirrels with long furry ears.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 05:50 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Black, long-eared squirrels.

My wife is intrigued by them! I’ve seen the before but she never has. I forgot about them and thought the first one we saw was a rabbit. I don’t recall where I’ve seen them previously.