Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #15

Thank you Turbo24!

- We plan and hope to have years of enjoying in the coach seeing the U.S.

Stan
Stan Boddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #16

Hi Penny,

- Thx for your note!

- We really appreciated the pictures you took of our coach during your visit to Entegra! I will share with you that although your pictures and our pictures are wonderful, they do not compare to seeing the coach in person for the first time.

- We are still on a cloud!!

Stan
Old 10-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #17

Hi Noel,

- Thx for your response! Although we got everything moved so the BuffaloRV staff could enjoy the remainder of their Saturday evening, we still need to organize most of the things in our new coach. Fortunately, we accumulated a lot of plastic bags in the ten years with our former coach. Those bags came in handy as it began to rain on us. We organized a coach to coach relay system. I loaded things from our former coach into plastic bags, handed the bags off to two of the BuffaloRV staff, who took turns delivering the bags to my bride in our new coach. My bride then put as much where she wanted as possible given the rush. We will have lots of time to get things organized in the new coach.

Our new coach has loads of below deck storage bags, much more than our former coach had. The entire storage bag is insulated and heated which will make life easier in cold weather.

Thx Again!

Stan
Old 10-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #18

Hi Ed,

- Thx for your note!

- My primary concern with going to Buffalo in late October was the weather. However, we had scheduled our annual two-week anniversary vacation in Aruba. We had just gotten back from Aruba the weekend before heading up to Buffalo to turn in our former coach and pick up our new coach.

- Fortunately, the Buffalo weather was great! We did have rain as we completed unloading our former coach and loading our new coach and for the first couple of hours leaving Buffalo. We drycamped in Rochester Saturday night and headed back to Virginia Sunday morning. The weather during the return trip was great!

Stan
Old 10-24-2012, 09:28 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
She's a beauty, enjoy.
navychop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:21 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Boddie View Post
Hi Ed,

- Thx for your note!

- My primary concern with going to Buffalo in late October was the weather. However, we had scheduled our annual two-week anniversary vacation in Aruba. We had just gotten back from Aruba the weekend before heading up to Buffalo to turn in our former coach and pick up our new coach.

- Fortunately, the Buffalo weather was great! We did have rain as we completed unloading our former coach and loading our new coach and for the first couple of hours leaving Buffalo. We drycamped in Rochester Saturday night and headed back to Virginia Sunday morning. The weather during the return trip was great!

Stan
Stan, we usually don't get snow until around Thanksgiving time. I have seen snow on the ground at Halloween, but that is not the norm. Last winter we hardly got any snow at all. It wasn't exactly bikini weather but it was pretty warm for us.

Enjoy your new rig. It is stunning and I'm sure it will provide you with many happy days, nights, and travels. Keep us posted on the good, the bad, and the less than beautiful.

Ed
Old 12-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #21

Did you buy the extended warranty? Star RV? Your thoughts on this???
RVfelds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #22

Nor'easters Club
Congrats on a beautiful RV. Entegra is pretty much the only manufacturer we are considering for our next upgrade.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVfelds View Post
Took a look at the BBB for the keepers of the Star program. Recommend you do same by googling something like STAR and extended warrantees. I came away from that review with some info but not enough to make any decision, but as recommended by one of our brethren, suggest you search this site for extended warrantees and then read those threads. There is a lot of perspective both good and bad on the site.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVfelds View Post
Hi RVFelds,

- Yes, we purchased the extended bumper to bumper warranty with StarRV. We felt very comfortable with OrlandoRV throughout the entire process. We also explored an extended warranty with Good Sam, with whom we had the extended warranty for our previous coach, a 2002 Monaco Diplomat; however, we decided to go with StarRV.

- Although we had several minor warranty repairs with our previous coach, we never had a major high-cost repair. I am hoping that we will never need to use the extended warranty; however, especially with the state of the art features and many high-end technology components, I would rather we have it and not need it rather than experience a high-cost repair and wish we would have gotten it. !

- I believe you should follow the path that you believe will work best for you

Thx Very Much!

Stan
Old 12-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor_lou View Post
Congrats on a beautiful RV. Entegra is pretty much the only manufacturer we are considering for our next upgrade.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy
Hi Lou,

- Thx for your note!

- We are still learning our new coach! We spend a couple nights in the coach each week and try to spend each weekend in the coach that we are in town. There is a lot to learn!!

- We live in VA and we really enjoy the heated floor system and the furnace system! We actually turned the thermostat down to 65 degrees on all three furnaces as the furnaces were keeping things very warm inside. Having the electric fireplace turned on actually made things a little too warm. We spent this past weekend in the coach (it was very chilly outside in the night and early morning) and we were very comfortable inside. We plan to spend many nights in the winter in our coach. We really like that we do not need to have the coach winterized.

- The interior lighting system is really advanced and we like that there are so many lights inside that can be individually controlled, dimmed, or controlled using a master switch.

- We also really like the docking lights which flood the entire area around the coach with lighting such that we can easily get things from the basement if needed when its dark outside. I also experimented with dumping our sewer system using the docking lights this past weekend and it was a wonderful experience.

- My bride really likes the dishwasher and the washer and dryer. We keep the sewer system open when we are using these components.

- The one thing that I do not like is that that satellite TV system in our coach does not deliver satellite DirecTV HD signals. We have DirecTV HD at our home and SD in our coach. I wish I would have more clearly understood, during my research, that that satellite system will not deliver DirecTV HD signals. However, that is a small sacrifice for the time being.

- We are happy campers!

Thx Very Much!

Stan
Old 12-03-2012, 04:45 PM   #26

Stan and Vee, coach looks great! We're leaning towards the White Diamond Pearl my wife's first choice. How do you like the exterior color and how about maintaining?
Best of luck.......

Lou
TgovSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Stan,

Great to hear your enjoying the coach already. Beth and I found out today that ours will be in Orlando for pick up well in advance of our planned date (so now we just need to pray for no mishap between the outgoing yard at Entegra and Orlando RV.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Stan, unfortunately none of the in-motion domes can receive DirecTV HD programming. That's because DirecTV uses the roomier KA band satellites for their HD feeds versus the older KU band satellites that still handle their SD programming. DISH Network does offer HD programming because they don't use KA band birds, although that will undoubtedly change in the future.

Your best bet is to replace the dome with a Winegard Trav'ler SK-3005, which will handle the DTV HD feeds. That's what I did and you also eliminate the morning dew and rain fades issues common to all domes.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote