Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2019, 05:08 PM   #1

PID inspection

I am sorry if this has been discussed I was unable to locate previous discussions.

I recently purchased a 2018 Anthem very low mileage 2200 Very happy with the motor home (coach)

The original owner purchased the Anthem in July 2018 leaving just over a year remaining on the 2 yr warranty.

Already had couple of chassis and entegra repairs made honored by the warranty.

I’m trying to figure out the when I need to schedule the pid inspection and if it’s necessary to take it to entegra or have NIRVC do the inspection.

I’ve heard you have to call 6 months ahead and maybe you’ll be lucky enough to get a spot on their calendar.

As with all coaches we keep finding little things and we just add it to our list.

I would prefer to drive it there leave it for whatever time required and fly back when repairs are completed.

Thanks in advance for taking your time to respond I’m truly confused on the route I need to take. 2 yr warranty will end July 2020 I certainly do not want to miss out on the opportunity to have everything fixed under warranty

Thanks again Mac
Msc8506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2019, 05:42 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Mac, the best thing to do is call Entegra and see what they have for a schedule that will fit yours. The 6 month thing keeps changing, I would get the answer direct and schedule. NIRVC charges about $2,500. from what others have posted.
Welcome to the forum and congratulation on the new ride.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 05:54 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Mac, note that it is now called AIR, Annual Inspection Report. Do a search on that for lots of info. The list they use is available in this forum. Don’t depend on their inspection to find everything. You need to use the coach and identify everything you can find. Also be aware that Entegra does not do all the maintenance, you need to check on Spartan for chassis maintenance and use their 3 year warranty period to get everything as it should be.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 05:55 PM   #4

Mac,
Congratulations on your "new" to you purchase, it most likely still has the new Coach smells to it!
Similar to you, we had purchased a used 2017 C/S in April of 2018 that had originally been purchased in July/August of 2016 by the 1st owner. With July and August of 2018 quickly approaching (end of Warranty) we called Entegra and the 1st available opening was the 1st week in December of 18.
They advised us to let them know of any warranty items by the end of the 2 year warranty i.e. August of 18 and these items would be covered upon our arrival in December. We worked with Ashley Baumer - Service writer (I think), everything was handled efficiently and professionally with our technician and we were quite pleased with the entire process. They actually have additional items, TSB's, that they will repair that you may not have even been aware of, we were able to have our damaged C/S mud-flap that had a few dents and a melted corner replaced, at no charge due to a poorly positioned exhaust tip. I was extremely surprised and thankful as this was a "no charge" repair.

Best of luck going forward and Safe travels.
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 05:55 PM   #5

Thank you I’ll contact entegra again better than paying the 2500. I do store at NIRVC in Lewisville Texas stored our previous there for 9 yrs
Old 08-17-2019, 06:00 PM   #6

Thanks for the great response very useful information I do loved that new coach smell lot better than smelling inside fire engines I smelt for many years

We are looking so forward October 1st taking out for 6 months
Old 08-17-2019, 06:04 PM   #7

I may be mistaken, but I think NIRVC would/could/may be able to handle the 2 year AIR possibly saving you a trip to Middlebury, unless you would like to partake in the famous donuts and food selections that are near Entegra!
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 06:08 PM   #8

I have read about all the perks for driving to entegra I think the donuts just might seal the deal
Old 08-17-2019, 06:08 PM   #9

You need to go to Middlebury if you want the AIR done free at 2 years. You can get an AIR done anytime after that in Middlebury but you will pay for the repairs and the process. If you have it done at NIRVC, they will charge you for the AIR.... the items will be repaired free on warranty but apparently they are not paid for the general shop time by Entegra. That is my understanding.

The trip to Middlebury is a good trip.... they will fix what is on your list and look at items on their list. Was a great process for my Anthem and will go through it next spring with the new Cornerstone for the first time.

And congrats on the new ride....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 06:12 PM   #10

Thanks Gary everyone really expressing their satisfaction with both the repairs and the trip, I head they have the best donuts now to far away hell im retired I have the time
Old 08-17-2019, 07:50 PM   #11

JMO.... the donuts are OK but they are not the best thing on earth in the donut arena.... but everyone raves about them. However, the factory is fascinating. You need to take the tour and you need to hear PJs owner talk that was on Tuesday I think (although it changes). You probably need to visit Shipshewana and Elkhart. Couple of nice RV parks in Shipshewana. Notre Dame is close. Some good ethnic restaurants there too. There are some good ethnic restaurants in cities outside of Middlebury and lots of Amish oriented places near Middlebury.

Check the work that the techs do each day when you get the coach back each day and see if they have resolved the problem completely. They are good, but you can get something back that is not fully fixed so check things each night.

Good people. Good process. Worth the trip.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 07:21 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Congrats on the new coach. Sounds like you have the time, so planning the factory and Spartan into a trip is an easy decision.

Since I am not retired yet, the price between NIRVC and the cost to travel there with fuel, and any overnight expenses could be close to a wash. (NIRVC in Lewisville is a good place) Like other have suggested, call and get it scheduled before the warranty ends, and use the coach and document things that need warranty work. There will be things you can fix along the way. I did not make it to Entegra in time, but did go to Spartan in Charlotte, MI for several days before the 3 year ran out. So far, my Classic (2013) has been a solid Motor Home overall.

Enjoy your coach!
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 09:16 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Hi Mac and welcome! I bought my 2018 in January 2018. I called Entegra for my two year AIR in early July looking for a January date. They had to wait until August as they do not schedule warranty AIR's (not sure about regular service) more than 6 months out. Sure enough on August 1st I got an email with suggested dates.

I should mention that prior to scheduling they will ask you for your list so can can estimate the number of days the AIR and repairs will take. Be very thorough and nit picky, it doesn't hurt to have every little thing down, even things you may have fixed yourself and still want them to have a look.

A couple hours, yes hours, later I received an email from my service adviser giving me more detail on the visit and encouraging me to make them aware of any additional items as soon as they happen so they can time to accommodate them. They allot 2 days for the AIR and resulting repairs, and in my case, 4 additional days for my list.

So far a very professional and easy process! Hope I find the same in January!

Good luck and safe travels!
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 11:42 AM   #14

Gary thanks so much for your response I really appreciate all the information you shared. We are looking so forward to start exploring in our new anthem.

Kind of scary When you continually Read about all the problems everyone seems to have with these houses on wheels.

Again thank you so much Gary