Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2017, 11:43 PM   #1

Pink fluid

How many have made the switch to the pink Fluid from the green in there aqua hot system. And if you have how long and any difference in the performance. Also how does aqua hot stand on this situation. THX4 input
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2017, 05:05 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
JMO, but you could not pay me to put Century green back in. Terrible company to deal with, will not stand behind their product, it's even printed on the label ( click on photo to see NOTE on label in the photo.) They use this clause to walk away when the fluid fails and turns to sludge. Century is also 3 time higher in price than any of the others brands and it fails 3 times faster.
After the warranty is up, AH does not care which fluid you run, they are both approved fluids, just don't mix them. During the Entegra warranty AH wanted to stay with what Entegra uses. Camco Pink has been used since AH was invented, Century fluid has been around since 2014, and not tested. Just my experience.

Do want to know how I really fell about Century Fluid.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-12-17 13.34.01.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	231.5 KB
ID:	158178  
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:55 AM   #3

Nice thx chuck and I can rinse green out and switch it out lickity split I did my pump swap over and learned how. Easy to drain and pump back in Etc.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:05 AM   #4

Well, moving past Brobox's problems with Century and the possibility that a batch is made by someone who didn't get enough sleep the night before, I have never heard of any real difference in performance between Camco pink and Century Yellow-Green. The only people that have made the change, that I have met, are people that have had a massive problem like Chuck, or people that were faced with needing to completely flush their system and the repair tech didn't have enough Century with them to do the complete flush. They have not done it just to shift from Century to Camco. My understanding is that they are equivalent in their ability to work in the system.

Now, I believe that there are motorcoach manufacturers that use the same AquaHot and fill their units with Camco pink, and other manufacturers which fill their systems with Century fluid, so I don't think AquaHot gives a darn what is in it between those two. It is a manufacturer choice, and who knows what that choice is based on. If it is a performance difference, I have never seen anyone talk about it (1MANIAC, or CRUZER for example). I would love to see someone deal specifically with the pluses and minuses of each if there are any. Although Chuck has had tons of unexplained problem, there are hundreds and hundreds of coaches out there running Century with no problems. My own Century fluid so far is doing just fine with no change toward discoloration.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:11 AM   #5

Well I was wondering since my green is 3 1/2 years old not sure when im due to replace it but prolly close now.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:17 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
FWIW, in my previous 2013 Anthem, I guess before we "knew" any better, I mixed green with pink and had no problems for one and a half years. Now it was about a 90-10 mix; and the green evidently was around pre-2014. Don't know if it was the same "green", but it sure came out yellow green when I had check valve changes.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:19 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
AH told me the fluid should be changed at 4-5 years depending on evaporation and freeze level protection remaining.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
FWIW, in my previous 2013 Anthem, I guess before we "knew" any better, I mixed green with pink and had no problems for one and a half years. Now it was about a 90-10 mix; and the green evidently was around pre-2014. Don't know if it was the same "green", but it sure came out yellow green when I had check valve changes.
I think im gonna try some red wine,,,, will make the green pink Dave
Old 04-14-2017, 09:37 AM   #9

Dave our other buddy Don in the cornerstone. at LVM is running Pink stuff he likes it no probs he said
Old 04-14-2017, 12:34 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
At a recent AquaHot presentation the presenter said several times it makes no matter pink or green, the only difference is that green does not require dilution. Without naming names he said that a manufacturer switched to green at the factory because the workers were putting pink RV antifreeze into the AH system and that will ruin it. They look the same but are chemically much different.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 06:17 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
I wrote about draining and flushing my system about two months ago. I now have Camco pink. If you drain, flush and use compressed air to clean out your system you will need about 10-11 gals of premixed 50/50 coolant. I found Camco boiler fluid for $10.00/gal....and it has been in use for years. That fancy, non guaranteed Century Fluid is between $18.00-$30.00 gal, if you can find it. Do the math. You can go into most RV stores and pick up a gallon of Camco but I have never seen Century fluid in a store, and IMO, it's junk.

Not a sales pitch but price the Camco boiler fluid at a IRV sponsor like RvUpgrades.com. Includes shipping, which is a considerable cost for 11 gals x 8lb/gal = over 90 lbs.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:29 AM   #12

A refractometer is your friend.

Propylene Glycol is Proplyene Glycol. The rest is dye and corrosion inhibitors.

Ideally the fluid should be GRAS (generally recognized as safe). It should not matter since, if the coolent is mixing with the potable water - you have bigger problems and will know quickly. In the "old" days, Ethylene Glycol (automotive) was used.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluid