Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2020, 10:45 PM   #113

As I sit here with an old "c" version of the 3 prop blade and a brand new "d" version of the blade i can not see any difference in the design or webbing or thickness of material anywhere....in fact, the only visual change is the letter itself. As I stated earlier, I can only hope the plastic compound has been improved for the better.
Here are both side by side....
John
2015 Aspire 44bClick image for larger version

Name:	20200908_112624.jpeg
Views:	55
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	301290Click image for larger version

Name:	20200908_112514.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	301291
jmorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2020, 04:47 AM   #114

Entegra Owners Club
Rob in post #5 did a nice explanation from Airxcel on the construction difference of the different model blades. the big difference, the C's broke and the D's did not.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/ple...ml#post2340606
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:59 AM   #115

I see there is a 1472D5041 available. Same blade?
Thinking so, but thought I would ask.
Thanks.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:15 AM   #116

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
I see there is a 1472D5041 available. Same blade?
Thinking so, but thought I would ask.
Thanks.
A 1 has been added to the old part number. My guess is an updated version of the original 1472D504 part number.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:28 AM   #117

The new Mach 8 ac units have a 5 blade fan. Not sure if that fan is compatible with the older units. I think I heard the new motor/fan Assy. Is completely different, but I haven’t physically looked at them.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 11:23 AM   #118

We lost all 3 over 4 July. The manufacturer sent a repair kit of washers to raise the cowling and a new fan blade. Never received a recall.

I will join a class action if anyone is interested.
wrwiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 03:30 PM   #119

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
The new Mach 8 ac units have a 5 blade fan. Not sure if that fan is compatible with the older units. I think I heard the new motor/fan Assy. Is completely different, but I haven’t physically looked at them.
I just replaced 2 older fans, and the old units (2013) had a 5 blade fan, and the 3 blade fan is what I received as replacements. They were a little taller and there was not much clearance on the top and bottom of the 3 blade compared to the older 5 blade. (and they do sound different - cant say quieter, but a different pitch)

I replaced the other unit last fall with a new Mach 8, and it did come with a 5 blade fan - so I am confused as to what is the correct fan to put in? Sounds like they using and selling what they can get.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 06:27 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoodofd View Post
I just replaced 2 older fans, and the old units (2013) had a 5 blade fan, and the 3 blade fan is what I received as replacements. They were a little taller and there was not much clearance on the top and bottom of the 3 blade compared to the older 5 blade. (and they do sound different - cant say quieter, but a different pitch)

I replaced the other unit last fall with a new Mach 8, and it did come with a 5 blade fan - so I am confused as to what is the correct fan to put in? Sounds like they using and selling what they can get.
The new 5 blade fan on the new units are different and also come with the speed control system.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 05:37 AM   #121

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
The new 5 blade fan on the new units are different and also come with the speed control system.
Inside of the hanger I store in, when I turn on one of the AC's on the 21 I can hardly tell it is running. The 14 with the original blades sounded like a plane running up. The "D" blades did cut that noise in half. There is a big difference in the noise factor on the newer units.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:20 AM   #122

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoodofd View Post

It goes by model #, your newer Mach 8 is a different model # that supercedes your older Mach 8. As previously mentioned the newer units are a major redesign internally. New fan, speed control, different placement of capacitors, etc. Much quieter outside. So far the new design is holding up well for me. Best to stick with the fan designed for the model # you have.
voltdoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 06:33 AM   #123

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorse1 View Post
As I sit here with an old "c" version of the 3 prop blade and a brand new "d" version of the blade i can not see any difference in the design or webbing or thickness of material anywhere....in fact, the only visual change is the letter itself. As I stated earlier, I can only hope the plastic compound has been improved for the better.
Here are both side by side....
John
2015 Aspire 44bAttachment 301290Attachment 301291
As Chuck said the bottom line is the D's hold up the C's don't.

I can see in your top photo the filleting where the blade meets the hub on the D fan - the D fan has more material in this area giving the joint a rounded appearance, whereas the C fan blades meet the hub at a right angle.

It's hard to tell from your other photo but the hub is a bit longer on the D fan.

This post shows most of the differences:
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/rvp...ml#post2376513

But that was 5+ years ago and is of the prototype, perhaps there have been refinements since then. I noticed your D fan hub has 3 dimples in the top that were not present on my D fans.
Old 09-19-2020, 05:23 PM   #124

Thanks Chuck. Figured as much. Now debating adding the hush kits.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 08:36 AM   #125

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
Thanks Chuck. Figured as much. Now debating adding the hush kits.
We have had the original 6 blade 'jet engine' fan, the retrofit 3 blade fan, the retrofit 3 blade fan with hush kit and the latest Mach 8 model which is a total redesign of the fan and related components.

My assessment of relative outdoor noise levels:

6 blade to 3 blade - Major reduction in higher frequency noise making the overall noise level reasonably acceptable. Still sometimes annoying with a low frequency hum component.

3 blade with hush kit - not as dramatic a change as above, but removes most of those undesirable sound components, especially on 'Low' where it is nearly inaudible in many instances.

Latest model version - similar to 3 blade with hush kit but the annoying sound components are perhaps even a bit more subdued.

This is my opinion and everyone's ears are different. The setting will also make a difference in perceived sound, for example heavy tree cover vs open skies vs next to a large building.

The hush kit electronics slow the motor rpm on 'High' to a level where the design air flow is still achieved with less noise. On "Low" the fan speed is slowed even further.

You can buy the complete hush kit with fan, controller and grill, just the controller and grill, or just the controller. Mach 8 hush kits

The hush kit grill replacement helps, but while the magnitude of noise reduction is measureable and perhaps noticeable when standing on the roof, at ground level the difference was almost imperceptible to my ears.
Old 09-20-2020, 12:55 PM   #126

Entegra Owners Club
Thinking about installing the “Hush Kit” but the website shows that they are out of stock.

Tags
fan