Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2023, 04:35 PM   #1

Poor Water Pressure in the rear Bathroom of 2020 Cornerstone

I have poor water pressure on the rear sinks and shower. I had a mobile mechanic tell me it was the faucets. I replaced them on the sinks, and they still barely trickle. The hot is worse than cold - but the cold is bad too.

The kitchen sink and front bathroom not near as bad.

It doesn't matter if city water (great pressure to the coach) or water pump.

Filters were replaced and even removed to test.

I gave a cursory look at the water valves I can see when removing the cover in the water compartment. The coach has been to the factory a few times and this was first noticed after last leaving the factory. It is possible someone turned a valve.

Did I mention I hate this coach more than any of the dozen (all bought new) predecessors since my 1994 Georgiebiy Cruisemaster? It is a freakin nightmare.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2023, 05:15 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Increase the pressure adjustment on the water pump. NIRVC does the adjustment quiet frequently.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 06:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Increase the pressure adjustment on the water pump. NIRVC does the adjustment quiet frequently.

I can do that, but the pressure is just as bad on city water with great pressure going into the coach
Old 03-24-2023, 06:53 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My new coach has independent shutoff valves for different water lines in the coach. My 17 coach did not. I do not know if you have those valves on the 20.

The valves are behind the panel in the wet bay. The panel is easy to remove.

I am not sure if the bath sink and shower are on the same lines. Maybe you have a valve that is not fully open.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 08:43 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I think Entegra added the water manifold in 21, but Hal’s idea is worth checking. Try moving the slide a bit and see if that makes a difference. That would indicate a kinked line.
Old 03-24-2023, 09:43 PM   #6

Sounds like a valve partially shut on the common water supply line.

The fact that your pressure appears to be the same whether on the water pump or on city straight-through fill seems to suggest that there is a valve common to both sources that is not fully open.

Its similar to every time I take my coach in to repair for virtually anything that involves electricity, the shop mechanic has turned the genny start switch off and has forgotten to turn it back on..... about 80% of the times.

It is probably simple.

Oh, and Kahuna, the first 18 - 24 months of ownership of this coach was one problem after another. I did not take a trip in those 2 years without visiting one or two repair shops.... it was constant problems.

Now the coach is humming...

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 06:49 AM   #7

You do have a couple valves behind the panel, on passenger side, covering the end of water tank. Unless someone has taken the screws out of the panel to remove it you can’t see the valves. I remove mine and store paper towels on top of water tank is only reason I know they are there.
Old 03-25-2023, 10:58 AM   #8

Wow!! Now that is a storage place that I haven't even considered using!! You are right, there is open, unused space in there that is available.

I'm going to add that to the list of possible storage places.

Gary
Old 03-25-2023, 01:49 PM   #9

Is the pressure the same on hot and cold. You could have pinched or kinked lines in the slide out. I would check the valves behind the water cover in your plumbing bay. Make sure they are all open. Have you tried removing the water restrictions in the faucets in the rear.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 10:22 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Fox View Post
I think Entegra added the water manifold in 21, but Hal’s idea is worth checking. Try moving the slide a bit and see if that makes a difference. That would indicate a kinked line.
They did, I was a year too late
Old 03-26-2023, 10:28 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Sounds like a valve partially shut on the common water supply line.

The fact that your pressure appears to be the same whether on the water pump or on city straight-through fill seems to suggest that there is a valve common to both sources that is not fully open.

Its similar to every time I take my coach in to repair for virtually anything that involves electricity, the shop mechanic has turned the genny start switch off and has forgotten to turn it back on..... about 80% of the times.

It is probably simple.

Oh, and Kahuna, the first 18 - 24 months of ownership of this coach was one problem after another. I did not take a trip in those 2 years without visiting one or two repair shops.... it was constant problems.

Now the coach is humming...

Gary
I hope I get mine to that Stage as I don't know what else to buy. I was thinking about a Tiffin Zepher, but I have a friend who hates his as much as I hate my Cornerstone. Both companies were bought out by larger companies with more bean counters - plus I'm now convince that since everyone paid to stay at home in that area in 2019-2020, I think just about any Coach built then are going to be junk from less skilled workers during that period.
Old 03-26-2023, 10:30 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambetter View Post
You do have a couple valves behind the panel, on passenger side, covering the end of water tank. Unless someone has taken the screws out of the panel to remove it you can’t see the valves. I remove mine and store paper towels on top of water tank is only reason I know they are there.

I'll check that out - thanks
Old 03-26-2023, 10:31 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Dowdle View Post
Is the pressure the same on hot and cold. You could have pinched or kinked lines in the slide out. I would check the valves behind the water cover in your plumbing bay. Make sure they are all open. Have you tried removing the water restrictions in the faucets in the rear.

Water restrictions, I'm not sure I follow.
Old 03-26-2023, 11:17 AM   #14

Most faucets manufactured since the world began to be concerned about energy and water usage has included in the faucet "spout" extra plastic rings that limit the amount of water that can pass through the faucet nozzle. (Have you recently had one of those great showers we used to have 50 years ago where the high volumes of hot water used to "pound" your sore muscles into relaxation as you stood in a hot shower?!?) Those restrictors can be removed to permit more water to pass.

Virtually every faucet manufactured in the past 10-15 years has "flow restrictors" built into them.... the world became convinced we wasted too much water.... __

Gary

Tags
pressure, rear, water, water pressure