Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2014, 09:09 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Popping entrance door on 2014 Aspire 44U

Getting a loud popping sound from the entrance door when driving. Speed or road conditions doesn't seem to make a difference. The sound reminds me of popcorn popping except its a more metallic sound. Anyone else experience this?

John in Alabama
2014 Aspire 44U
Josh2129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2014, 10:34 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I have a sound like a constant buzz at the front entrance area. At first I thought it was a "void" (area in front of the RV in the cap not filled with foam to prevent air influenced sounds). My old Monaco had that. My 20's son stuck his head in the step well when the buzzing occurred at a certain speed and said it was coming from underneath the step cover. I'm thinking something is loose, buzzing, or harmonic from the step cover mechanism. To be determined!!!!
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:09 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Yes! We have a 2014 Aspire 44U and we have the most annoying sound coming from the door/stairwell area. It's so frustrating! I remember as a kid we would put playing cards or balloons on our bicycle wheel spokes to make cool noises. The noise sounds like that and it is definitely not cool. Entegra is supposed to have the quietest coach on the road. Unfortunately we have not been able to experience that at highway speeds.

I've had it in the shop and they have not been able to isolate the source. Ours happens at speeds over 50 mph and is worse when driving into a headwind. It does sound like a flapping sound or some type of harmonic. I'm putting it in the shop again tomorrow and number one on the list is to find and fix that #*#> noise!

I'll keep you posted on the progress.
Plozano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:44 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Can't wait to hear. My problem got worse after the weather heated up. Purchased in January (not the best time to check out everything). It was at cummins coach care for 2 months for an AC pressure switch so when I got it out it was late spring and that's when the noise started. Made a video with sound of the popping I can send but it won't post here.

John in Alabama
2014 Aspire 44U
Josh2129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:40 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I had the entry step buzz until now. My mobile tech found some large areas where the wood that encloses the stepwell that had no type of sealant. He used expanding foam to seal these areas and I can say that the buzzing is gone. Makes a much quieter and more pleasant ride. However, the entry steps did not fully retract when we stropped for the day today. Checked fuses in driver side electrical bay, both good. I suspect a broken gear or something as they did not fully retract. Call into CS, waiting on return call. any other suggestions?
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:44 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Drove my coach to the shop today and their lead tech was prepared to go on a test drive. As you can guess, no noise! Not on the drive over there and we canceled the test drive. Fortunately I had a recording of the noise on my phone. They are going to look again and I'll pass on the info learned here to them.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:08 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Bill,
If the steps are trying to retract, but not fully...try spraying all of the movable points with silicone. It could be it came through salt like mine did. Also check to see if anything is stuck in the linkage. I had a hunk of weeds that got stuck in mine once. Hope the rest of the trip is problem free.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:33 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Bill,
If the steps are trying to retract, but not fully...try spraying all of the movable points with silicone. It could be it came through salt like mine did. Also check to see if anything is stuck in the linkage. I had a hunk of weeds that got stuck in mine once. Hope the rest of the trip is problem free.
Thanks Chuck. Talking with CS, they think either the control unit and/or the motor is bad. They are looking for a mobile service to send out. The steps are hanging in a not fully retracted position and no sound like they are trying to be powered. We did determine that the magnetic door switch is OK. It is a long step out the door even with a foot stool at the bottom.
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:38 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2129 View Post
Getting a loud popping sound from the entrance door when driving. Speed or road conditions doesn't seem to make a difference. The sound reminds me of popcorn popping except its a more metallic sound. Anyone else experience this?

John in Alabama
2014 Aspire 44U
I have the same noise in my 2014 Aspire 44B. My wife got it to quit when she pulled on the door. As long as she pulls in on the door it goes away. I can not find anything loose or replicate the sound when we stop.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plozano View Post
Yes! We have a 2014 Aspire 44U and we have the most annoying sound coming from the door/stairwell area. It's so frustrating! I remember as a kid we would put playing cards or balloons on our bicycle wheel spokes to make cool noises. The noise sounds like that and it is definitely not cool. Entegra is supposed to have the quietest coach on the road. Unfortunately we have not been able to experience that at highway speeds.

I've had it in the shop and they have not been able to isolate the source. Ours happens at speeds over 50 mph and is worse when driving into a headwind. It does sound like a flapping sound or some type of harmonic. I'm putting it in the shop again tomorrow and number one on the list is to find and fix that #*#> noise!

I'll keep you posted on the progress.
We had the same noise. If you open the generator compartment and look to the left you will see wire harnesses with tags wired to them. That is the noise. They are flapping in the wind so you just need to cut them off.
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:04 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
I have found so many noise causing items on my Anthem, it is crazy. I still have
"road noise" unless I close the step cover. Still have wind noise around the door and Entegra had tried everything while we were there. I will continue to search the MH and watch posts like these for something I may have missed.

I will try to remember to take a picture tomorrow of something that stopped the rattle that was coming from the generator compartment.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:59 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Picked my coach up at the shop today. Within minutes of reaching highway speeds the noise was there. I don't think the shop did anything .

I'm feeling a little like "Father" in the enclosed picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1406311130.514950.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	296.0 KB
ID:	69017
Old 07-25-2014, 01:11 PM   #13

When our Aspire 44B's door makes some noise. We stop and make sure screen door is secure to main door then we pull the main door hard. When we do this the noises go away.
Dawg44b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:37 PM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
With the the air brake switch on and the transmission in neutral, shut the door firmly. Now release the brake and put it in gear. The door has an air lock. Not following the above procedure leads to air leaks and rattles in my experience.
Kuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door