Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2014, 07:32 PM   #1

Popping Noise

2014 Entegra Anthem DEQ has noise coming from under the coach when making a turn left or right, any ideas what this is?
SonnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2014, 08:11 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Could be either the bell cranks on the IFS in the front part of the chassis. There is also something in the rear that the sound transfers and sounds like it is coming from up front. Does it happen when you are going over a bump or a pot hole?

In any event, likely chassis, and need to call spartan CS and likely a visit to a Spartan Service Center. Its not a don't drive, but will need an adjustment...if it is the same as what I had.
DSL417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Could be either the bell cranks on the IFS in the front part of the chassis. There is also something in the rear that the sound transfers and sounds like it is coming from up front. Does it happen when you are going over a bump or a pot hole?

In any event, likely chassis, and need to call spartan CS and likely a visit to a Spartan Service Center. Its not a don't drive, but will need an adjustment...if it is the same as what I had.

Nothing going a bump, just when I turn left or right...Rod with CS when doing my roof inspection ruled out bell crank, said it probably was in the air bags?? Thanks..
SonnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:48 AM   #4

I had the same on my Tiffin, freightliner chassis. I would look under it and see nothing. I got someone to turn the wheel left and right while I was under it. Found the pitman arm loose where it bolts to the frame!!!
MS DELTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:15 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
There are so many components to front steering it could be a number of things. Without and underneith inspection it could be anything that would make that kind of noise. Idler arms, ball joints, tie rods, air bags, bell crank, steering box, brake slack adjusters and probably a few I have missed. MS Delta is correct, that will need an undercarriage inspection. Could be minor, could be major, but it does need to be checked. Thankfully Spartan is excellent on warranty service. I would call and see who they would recommend in the area.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:12 AM   #6

Just be aware if you expect Entegra to pay for it under warranty make sure there is a problem. Just because you think it's a problem isn't good enough. Catch 22 no problem found no pay, but how do you know if there's a problem until you have it checked. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:40 AM   #7

We had the same noise, and while at the Spartan factory they did the 44 point inspection and specifically looked for the problem. The ruled out the bell cranks, and initially told me they couldn't find anything wrong. So we got the coach back and the problem persisted. During the same factory visit we were attending the Spartan school, and as part of that we got under our coach with one of the Spartan techs who was highly experienced - kind of like a "chassis whisperer." He immediately noticed that bolts holding the rear axle to the chassis needed re torqued. After they realigned the rear axles and re torqued everything, the popping sound is gone. Dave is right that the sound travels along the chassis, and sitting in the driver's seat it is hard to get an accurate fix on the source.
Tim McK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:25 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
They re-torqued mine during a brief stop after Summerfest last year when I continued to hear popping, but, again, mine occurred during slow turns and usually involved some type of bump.
DSL417 is online now   Reply With Quote