Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2021, 02:00 PM   #1

Potential Source for Lifeline Batteries

For reasons I won’t bore you with, I have for a number of years maintained an account with a wholesale battery company here in the Phoenix area, through an S-Corp consulting business I established after having all the fun I could stand in the corporate world. Yes, it’s legit – I actually do help RV, boat and vehicle owners with battery replacement and upgrade projects from time to time.

I recently learned the same battery company, which has been simply excellent in all my dealings with them, now has a retail web site. That site can be accessed at:

www.batteryguys.com

The wholesale company, and by implication the retail operation they now operate, has a long-standing relationship with Lifeline Batteries, Inc. in southern California. Whether that makes them more or less likely to have the currently hard-to-get Lifeline batteries in stock, I can’t say. But when I inquired about Lifeline L16 AGM batteries in late May, they had 25 of them, and as of a few days ago they had 17.

Additional brands they carry include Crown, Fullriver, NorthStar, Odyssey, Optima, Trojan, U.S, Battery and others.

How their pricing compares to other suppliers is not something I’ve evaluated at this point, but in the current environment there may be situations where availability is at least as important as price.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2021, 02:12 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Looked at a couple of prices and they don't look bad at all
Old 06-10-2021, 04:12 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I bought my GC2 from them. Great price included delivery into my garage.
soundsuperio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 04:26 PM   #4

When I search for Lifeline L16 AGM on their site I get nada.
Old 06-10-2021, 04:36 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Hmmm???

This link: https://batteryguys.com/collections/...eline-gpl-l16t

just returned this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (15).jpg
Views:	9
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	331681

I think those are the ones that people are looking for.

Take care,
Stu
Old 06-10-2021, 06:33 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have a 2017 Cornerstone. I purchased it used in early 2020 so I do not know if my batteries are original or even bad / good.

We have been going campground to campground and generally have the coach running before we unplug the power cord and plug up the power cord as soon as we park.

If my batteries are bad I still want to replace them or get them replaced.

Is there a basic way I can test the batteries? Like unplug the coach and see how long my batteries last with a load of XXX.

I have AGM batteries that are under the coach and I have never laid eyes on them.

Same question on my starting batteries. They have started my coach just fine up until now.

Thanks

Hal and Pam
2017 Entegra Cornerstone - B
2020 Ford Edge ST
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 09:53 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVFunlovers View Post
I have a 2017 Cornerstone. I purchased it used in early 2020 so I do not know if my batteries are original or even bad / good.

We have been going campground to campground and generally have the coach running before we unplug the power cord and plug up the power cord as soon as we park.

If my batteries are bad I still want to replace them or get them replaced.

Is there a basic way I can test the batteries? Like unplug the coach and see how long my batteries last with a load of XXX.

I have AGM batteries that are under the coach and I have never laid eyes on them.

Same question on my starting batteries. They have started my coach just fine up until now.

Thanks
Hal,

To see what shape your house batteries are in just unplug from shore power (once batteries are fully charged) and use the coach normally (lights, TV, radio etc) and see how many hours it takes for the house battery voltage to drop to 12.0v. This is with a normal DC amp load of 25 amps or less, not with running a coffee pot or running the microwave.

If you get 8 hours your batteries are getting a little weak. If you get more than 8 hours they are not in too bad of shape.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 07:26 PM   #8

This might seem like a dumb question to you guys, but I'm used to having 4 6v batteries for house. I have no idea what size and how many batteries I need in my 2018 Anthem. Appreciate your feedback.
ejl822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 07:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejl822 View Post
This might seem like a dumb question to you guys, but I'm used to having 4 6v batteries for house. I have no idea what size and how many batteries I need in my 2018 Anthem. Appreciate your feedback.
Your 2018 Anthem will have four 6-volt house batteries, but the 6-volt batteries you're used to have probably been BCI Group GC2 which are standard golf-cart size batteries. Your Anthem, on other hand, will have four BCI Group L16 batteries, which are bigger, taller and much heavier than GC2 batteries.

Here's the comparison:

Typical 6-volt GC2 Battery - Footprint 10.25" x just over 7". Height around 10". Weight about 65 pounds.

Typical 6-volt L16 Battery - Footprint 11.65" x just under 7". Height around 16". Weight about 120 pounds.

As you might expect, a 6-volt L16 battery had almost twice the deep-cycle capacity of a 6-volt GC2 battery.

If you're not aware of where the house batteries are located in your 2018 Anthem, they are in an enclosed compartment just aft of your last pass-through basement storage compartment. The battery compartment is centered side-to-side in that area, and the front wall of it is held in place by a number of wood screws. Remove the screws, remove the panel, and you'll see the batteries.

Attached is a photo of the house battery compartment in my 2018 Cornerstone, with the front panel removed. The batteries in that photo are Lifeline L16's, which replaced the factory-installed Discover L16's.

P.S. - A wise person told me years ago, "The only dumb question is the one you should've asked but didn't." Or something like that...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lifeline Batteries.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	331813  
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 09:56 PM   #10

Thanks Larry, that will help me tremendously. Hope I don't have to change them anytime soon. That weight is scary!

Kinda easy to see why these things weigh 50k lbs.
ejl822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 02:41 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
x2 on the Battery Guys.
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries