Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2018, 06:45 PM   #1

power cord motor problem, 2017 Anthem

When attempting to reel my power cord in today, I heard a funny noise, like a screw or nut falling inside the unit and it would not retract, although it did spin the other way (to put the cord out). I am hoping I can open it up and find some bolt has come loose and put it back together and get this thing working again.

Looking for any suggestions or words of wisdom/experience.

Van
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2018, 06:57 PM   #2

If you didn't release the lock by pressing the switch before pulling the cord out you can kill the motor and it will no longer retract. A storage worker did that to us and they had to replace the whole reel.
Aussies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 06:11 PM   #3

Fixed it.

So the issue was that there are 6 pins that are part of what I call a "clutch" in the assembly on the right side of the motor. These 6 pins are about 3/8ths of inch long and are stuck (but not screwed) into 6 holes on the plate that moves in and out to engage/disengage from the motor. 3 of my pins fell out and the other 3 were pushed back so they no longer engaged. So (using lock tite) I reinstalled the 3 pins and pushed the other 3 back into the correct position.

To accomplish this I unscrewed the 4 bolts holding the assembly to the floor, the one screw holding the back part of the cord to the floor and then moved the assembly to 1/2 way out of the storage area and I could then access it. I took off the cover and then unscrewed two bolts holding on the gear that is the right side of this "clutch" assembly.

The following picture shows the outside disc of the "clutch" with a chain attached to a pulley on the motor. If you look carefully to the inside you can see the smaller black disk, it moves left and right, when all of the way right like it is (or almost is) it is engaged (via the pins) with the motor drive. You can also see some of the small pins. I have drawn red circles around them.

Not to hard of a fix. Hopefully no one needs this info.

Van
2017 Anthem 44B
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1480.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	268.5 KB
ID:	201702  
Old 05-06-2018, 09:13 AM   #4

Very hepful if and when the time comes. Thanks for taking the time to write it up and post.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthem, power