Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2021, 08:23 AM   #1

Power Issues in Dash

My MH has an issue that baffles me. Sometimes I cannot adjust my mirrors, my entry steps stay out with engine running and when put in drive, a message appears that the transmission is in park along with the associated alarm. My drivers side power port doesn't work or blows whatever is plugged in. I saw a thread at one time regarding advice from Spartan. Can anyone help with an answer or a link to that thread? Thanks.
geneb28532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2021, 09:14 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneb28532 View Post
My MH has an issue that baffles me. Sometimes I cannot adjust my mirrors, my entry steps stay out with engine running and when put in drive, a message appears that the transmission is in park along with the associated alarm. My drivers side power port doesn't work or blows whatever is plugged in. I saw a thread at one time regarding advice from Spartan. Can anyone help with an answer or a link to that thread? Thanks.
Something close to this happened to us, all the USB ports, Radio, Power Seats, Stairwell Cover, and Stairs stopped working and all of a sudden start working. Working with Entegra Tech, we traced it back to the G9 Panel (where inverter switch is) and a lose 12 VDC connection. Your 12VDC starts here and the first step is to verify power to the 12VDC distribution in the first bay, drivers side. Behind the small fuse box is the 12VDC panel. Pull the carpet off and depending on which coach, there is a Red 12VDC wire that connects to a bank of resettable fuses.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2138.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	278.0 KB
ID:	326674

Check that 12VDC is getting here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2137.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	552.1 KB
ID:	326675

Next fuses and relays for Seats, Stairwell Cover and more are here. (this is the Spartan board in my Reatta XL )

Between the 12VDC main panel (Bay 3? passenger side) and this board and resettable fuses and relay your problem most likely lies.
Cr8havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 09:21 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
When you mentioned Spartan, It might be the Spartan Control Module that you were thinking of.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 09:12 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
When you mentioned Spartan, It might be the Spartan Control Module that you were thinking of.
Do you know where this is on my 13 Anthem?
geneb28532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 10:10 AM   #5

Gene

I dont recognize those symptoms. I have had several of them at one time or another but never linked together into a common occurrence.

You need to get on the phone with Entegra Customer Service and start talking to them.

The stairs can be a simple switch that detects if the motor is running and wont let the steps come out. I have had that fail. The switch is in the back area of the steps.

The power failure in the dash dont sound like those should be related to the steps and should be a separate set of issues. Also, there should be a fuse that deals with that stuff, and the most common place for dash and front end issues is in the fuse box in the first compartment directly under the drivers seat area.

But Entegra CS should be your starting point, IMO

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 12:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneb28532 View Post
Do you know where this is on my 13 Anthem?
On your 2013 there is a relay in the outside compartment under the drivers seat. That relay provides power to the equipment youíre talking about and it has a propensity to fail. Iím pretty sure thatís where youíll find the problem. You can jumper across it for a temporary fix, but you can buy that relay at an auto parts store.
J Gunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 03:54 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Gunter View Post
On your 2013 there is a relay in the outside compartment under the drivers seat. That relay provides power to the equipment you’re talking about and it has a propensity to fail. I’m pretty sure that’s where you’ll find the problem. You can jumper across it for a temporary fix, but you can buy that relay at an auto parts store.
I also agree with J Gunter!

I also had some of the same symptoms you described and it was the four post solenoid in the outside compartment underneath the driver. To confirm this next time it happens take something, small like a hammer or a screwdriver handle and give it a little LOVE tap. Should you need to replace get the highest amperage (150 to 200) you can find. I got one from NAPA. Tried to post a pic of the solenoid but could not. Have to give 727Driver credit for helping me fix this, as I would have never knew to check that solenoid!
Oldguy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 05:05 PM   #8

In the front compartment under the drivers seat is a solenoid that sends 12v power to various circuits when the ignition is turned on. Look and see if your compass is lit. If not the solenoid is bad. It is a Cole Hersee 24059 12V Insulated. I could not get the non insulated to work so the insulated is the one you want. Easy change out. I've changed 2 on my 14 Anthem. It is available from Amazon.
bfridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, power