Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2014, 02:09 PM   #29

An update on this issue. I just talk to Scott Wixson at Spartan. The remedy has not been approved yet. They are getting a coach from Entegra soon that they will be able to apply a remedy to. If the remedy works it will be approved and they will contact all the folks on their list that have reported the issue. This has taken a long time because they do not regard it as a safety or performance issue. It gets a lower priority.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2014, 02:21 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Have the same issue with the power steering, talked to spartan they are aware. Seems they changed the power steering pump due
to the added weight, Engineering is working on a fix, sounds like it will be changing the PS hose for one that doesn't cause the problem. It's my understanding its only the 2014 and maybe some late 2013. doesn't cause any problem, just bothersome.
crowleytj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:49 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
An update on this issue. I just talk to Scott Wixson at Spartan. The remedy has not been approved yet. They are getting a coach from Entegra soon that they will be able to apply a remedy to. If the remedy works it will be approved and they will contact all the folks on their list that have reported the issue. This has taken a long time because they do not regard it as a safety or performance issue. It gets a lower priority.
I wonder if that might be my coach. It is due to go to Spartan tomorrow from Entegra because of a vibration in the steering while making gradual a curve at 45 MPH, in addition to the low speed growl that is said to be normal.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:35 PM   #32

Ours is due at Spartan May 12th. Whoever I set the appointment with thought they would have the fix by then. Hope it's your Chuck and it's a good fix. Drives me nuts. Had an old car many years ago that had the same problem. New PS pump fixed it.
Swenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:14 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
UPDATE to the update:
I just had an email from Joyce and the Entegra arriving at Spartan today with the steering vibration problems is mine. The problems I had with the steering was the low speed (parking) growling and vibration others have experienced, but also on our test drive had the growl and vibrations, although not as bad as low speed, when making a gradual curve at 45 MPH.

Spartan has been waiting for a coach with this problem to try the new fix on and mine is the one at Entegra with the problem. Let's hope for all that are having a problem that the fix works. My coach will not be back to Entegra until mid next week. Maybe between Robert and myself we might hear if the fix works. It is nice to know that Spartan is working on it.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:29 AM   #34

Kathy & I picked up our 2014 Anthem 42DEQ last week. I have noticed while driving the the powers steering pump seems to make quite a bit of noise while Turing at low speeds. Is this part of the problem that is being discussed in the forum thread? If so, how should I bring this issue forward with Entegra? Thank you in advance for your comments.

We love our new coach. No issues other than the power steering, unlike the 2013 Phaeton we traded in that had many many unresolved issues.
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:16 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallencollin View Post
Kathy & I picked up our 2014 Anthem 42DEQ last week. I have noticed while driving the the powers steering pump seems to make quite a bit of noise while Turing at low speeds. Is this part of the problem that is being discussed in the forum thread? If so, how should I bring this issue forward with Entegra? Thank you in advance for your comments.

We love our new coach. No issues other than the power steering, unlike the 2013 Phaeton we traded in that had many many unresolved issues.

It is the issue. You'll need to contact Spartan CS.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:41 PM   #36

We just had our coach in to fix the power steering problem. The coach now responds like it should. No vibration, no noise.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:46 PM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Glad to hear the fix worked, it sure made a difference on mine. I was told by someone that called Spartan the other day, so far it is a Spartan factory fix only. No 'kits" going to dealers yet.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:02 PM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
And still no fix for the Aspires. Steve
C310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:12 AM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Steve, are there many of the Aspires that have the growling/pulsating steering problems? Heck one is too many, it is aggravating especially if yours is doing it at high speeds too.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:39 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Glad to hear the fix worked, it sure made a difference on mine. I was told by someone that called Spartan the other day, so far it is a Spartan factory fix only. No 'kits" going to dealers yet.
Actually there is a kit. Ours was fixed by Boyer Truck in Rogers Minnesota. Scott sent them the kit. He said there is also an instructional video.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:27 AM   #41

Received an email from Charlie Fisher from Spartan Chassis this morning stating Spartan has the "FIX" and that they are sourcing the parts for their field locations and finalizing the written instructions.

Peter & Kathy Collins
Woodland, Washington

2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:59 PM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallencollin View Post
Received an email from Charlie Fisher from Spartan Chassis this morning stating Spartan has the "FIX" and that they are sourcing the parts for their field locations and finalizing the written instructions.

Peter & Kathy Collins
Woodland, Washington

2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
That is good news for sure! I am working with Charlie on another issue right now and he is great to work with. The "fix" going to be local will make a lot of people happy. I hope they have called Spartan to be on the list for notification.

Tags
power, steering, vibration