Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2014, 07:56 PM   #1

Powerwasher

does anyone carry a portable one with them for quick wash or rinses
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2014, 09:06 PM   #2

I have one. Electric low pressure about 1800 psi. Does not have the ability to include detergent in the spray. Works for taking some of the bugs off but does not really clean. Elbow grease best solution.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:01 AM   #3
Community Administrator

There have been many discussions here re them. The consensus seems to be that they do more harm than good. Some feel they know what they're doing and avoid those harmful issues. I personally wouldn't let anyone including myself near any MH I owned with one of them. YMMV.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:49 AM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I carried one at first and you can't get too close or it will cause damage.

I stopped carrying it as it wasn't that useful as a hose nozzle worked just as good.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:28 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Been carrying and using one for many years. I say if there is damage being done it is not by the power washer, rather the person using it.
Some people can break an anvil with a feather.
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:29 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
The only times I use mine at home is to wash the undercarriage and wheels.. Be very careful getting a powerwasher to close the the 3M mask. I did on DW's Lexus trying to get a bug off, ouch!
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:50 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by az bound View Post
Been carrying and using one for many years. I say if there is damage being done it is not by the power washer, rather the person using it.
Some people can break an anvil with a feather.
I agree. We sell, service and rent pressure washers in our business so I'm quite familiar with them. The thing with a pressure washer is that the rated pressure is only up to the nozzle tip. Once the water leaves the nozzle it fans out and the pressure drops off inversely proportional to the distance from the nozzle. For example, I can take a 2,500 PSI pressure washer and carve grooves into wood or rip skin off a finger if the nozzle is up close. But with that same washer I can gently rinse my hands off with a light mist if I'm 2 feet away from the nozzle. It's up to the operator to utilize common sense as to how close to get. Just because you have a sticky bug that won't come off the Diamond Shield mask on the front of your coach doesn't mean you should push the nozzle close to the bug to blast him off. That will damage the mask as well as the bug. Yet, if you really need to get some stubborn grease off of an aluminum transmission housing you can go ahead and zoom in to blast the grease off. You just need to use common sense.

One particular unit I saw at an FMCA convention was the Road Wave pressure washer. You can mount it in your motorhome and it's an excellent choice, well built, and perfectly designed for RV use with minimal water and electricity demands. If I had more room in my basement I would have one. I did an article on it for RV Magazine, which is still available free online at Road Wave Pressure Washer - RV Magazine and found it to be a great unit.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:54 AM   #8

I believe after you blow away the loose decals it will be much easer to use.....
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:07 AM   #9

You and me both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
The only times I use mine at home is to wash the undercarriage and wheels.. Be very careful getting a powerwasher to close the the 3M mask. I did on DW's Lexus trying to get a bug off, ouch!

Chuck, just reading this forum and I see your comment and had to show my wife! I have 2 power washers. One bigger unit in my garage that I clean Henkels & McCoy oil field trucks. I used one on my wife's Lexus Pebble Beach SC 430 convertible to remove the same on the front bumper and bam! Blew some paint right off that bumper! I swear it was repainted when I looked at it and saw different colors underneath the pearl white, but it was a second color used to get the final effect. I was just shocked it popped off like that. The big unit was a Karcher 1250 psi only.

Ron.
BUS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #10

We carry a HYDRO-TEK spot free rinse machine. It's very low pressure,less than 900 psi at the tip as it's designed to be a rinsing machine, not a pressure washing machine. The two large deionization filters have cleaned up any water we have come across It's the same technology thats used at some car washes for a spot free rinse.

Tags
power