Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2021, 08:40 AM   #1

Pre-purchase

Hello!

We're about to become Entegra owners! We're in the final phases of purchasing a low-mileage 2020 Entegra Aspire F from a private seller. I've got the build sheet. It only has 17xx miles, full-warranty (13k value), kept indoors and has not been into the shop for any maintenance. We will have to drive it home (about 900 miles) and I was looking for guidance in regards to the final transaction. We're not financing and so far, the seller has not provided a contract (I've asked). The pre-purchase docs at the top of this forum are great but I want this to be a clean transaction. Does anyone have a sales contract for a used class A? Should I have it inspected? Any advice would be appreciated!

Greg
RVornot2RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2021, 08:49 AM   #2

How are you paying and is the coach financed? If financed you will be dealing with the lender or your lender will be dealing with their lender. Being a new coach I don't think the inspection is so important besides you going through the coach checking everything, since you should still have warranty on the coach.

If cash to cash I have had my bank transfer the money to their bank. We then get the title signed over to us and make up a bill of sale. Some states have the form on their website where all you have to do is fill in your and their information.
Old 10-26-2021, 09:11 AM   #3

I've asked whether it's financed. Waiting for an answer. We're not financing. Hoping to get the title and bill of sale in one fell swoop! Working on insurance too.
Old 10-26-2021, 09:54 AM   #4

A company like NIRVC will, I think, handle the whole transaction for you and knows all the ropes. I've never done it but read about it. I'd suggest that you call NIRVC and ask them about it. I think that it may be called an in and out.

If you are paying cash, then I would be very careful of how this transaction goes. You are asking good questions but you might find that having a company ikn the middle who does this all day every day is something that is worth a few hundred bucks to have happen. n That is a lot of money you are dealing with and I would want everything to happen by the books and with you fully protected.

When I first got interested in buying a coach, there was used Monaco Signature that was for sale direct from a seller who had died and his widow was selling the coach, and I can make a long story short, I came very close to wiring a bug chunk of money to the seller to hold the coach while I went to Michigan to inspect and finalize the deal and I was to wire my check to a big New York bank, and I was leery and called a lawyer in the city where the coach was located and he told me it was a scam, and a fraction of a second after my check arrived in New York it would have been transferred to a Russian bank. The whole thing was a scam and I had come very close to falling for it. I'd be very, very careful doing anything myself.

Gary

Just my cautious tendency when it comes to money.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 11:16 AM   #5

slow or no response is a flag.

spend the money to put eyes on it in person, might need to spend again to pickup when details are worked out. leave a deposit check or cash on it after looking at it in person and agreeing on passing an inspection if you feel its necessary.

open an account at the same bank as its financed if possible.
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 11:28 AM   #6

The newer RV's are slapped together very quickly without much quality control.
I would have it inspected by an independent mobile tech (that you find, not the seller)
Other advise is good as to red flags, esp if they are slow to tell you if it has a lien on it or already fully paid off?
Old 10-26-2021, 11:47 AM   #7

If you are paying cash and they have financed you will be dealing with their bank or ??? If in that town you can have your money wired to them. The bank will do the paperwork and they might or might not give you the title right away. Depends on where they have it. If you want to give me a call once you know how they are going to do it. I can walk you through the steps. I have bought from a private seller paying cash to cash, cash to finance and finance to finance. Message me and I will give you my cell #
Old 10-26-2021, 11:52 AM   #8

I'll add more. I did some cautious due diligence, I thought. I got tons of pictures from the seller.... it was a real coach. I Googled death obits from the Michigan city for the man who owned the coach and supposedly died. In fact, that man did die. I even called the phone number listed to talk with the representative who was handling the deal.... the phone would ring several times, and then you could hear the phone switch or forward the call, and no answer. Once I started to get suspicious, I let it ring a long time and a man with a very strong foreign English language accent came on-line and answered my questions well, but with a thick accent. It was a masterful fraud. I called the big name New York bank and they had an account. Due to confidentiality, they would tell me nothing about the account except that it existed (and would not tell me of the instantaneous forwarding to an overseas (Russian) bank) . I've been around the block a couple of times in life and have been very careful with my money, but this was done beautifully and I almost fell for it completely.... I came very close..

It was when I hired a local Michigan law firm to be the middleman to represent me in the whole transaction, that the fraud began to come apart.

Sorry to be so cautious, but this happened to me 8 years ago, and the fraud was amazing. I immediately changed all my account numbers and passwords, and notified any bank that held any of my money not to transfer money without a phone call to me (I believe in distributed banks, none holding everything I had), and my anxiety for about a week was over the top coming that close to losing maybe $400,000 in that scam. I'm still embarrassed to admit I came that close to being duped/swindled into losing that much money, but I was. The old adage of " if the deal is too good to be true, it probably isn't" should have stopped me initially !! It was a low mileage, top-end (Monaco Signature) for a great price. So close....

Never again....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 09:05 PM   #9

Thanks for all the input.

It's a scary proposition traveling across the country and spending that kind of money on a private sale. My wife thinks we're gonna end up at the bottom of a lake somewhere! She listens to a LOT of crime podcasts!

But seriously, we're treating this like a home purchase and going through an attorney. We've checked out the attorney via the State Bar and following a legitimate bill of sale, the money will go into escrow. Once our check has cleared, the lien will be paid off and we will receive a clean title. Then the remainder of the funds will be disbursed to the seller.

I've spoken to the original dealership and I have the build sheet. The coach appears to be in excellent shape but we will probably take it to the dealership for an inspection.

Admittedly, there is some risk involved but we're trying to minimize our exposure.

Now we have to find time to go get the doggone thing and make our maiden voyage back to our home! Wish us luck!

Greg

Tags
purchase