Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2022, 04:10 PM   #1

Preflight Checklist

We are in the process of getting a new to us Anthem in the next few weeks. We are moving from a fifth wheel to the motorhome and I was wondering if anyone had a pre-departure checklist they use before engine start each trip? Things like engine temp, air pressure, or other things I'm not aware of being our first motorhome. Some of the things we did with the fifth wheel will translate but I worry about what I don't know.

Thanks in advance.
gpcvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2022, 04:47 PM   #2

Download the Spartin checklist app. It lists everything mechanical you need to do. The rest of the checklist is personal, sides in, Jack's up.. in my case after going down the highway and seeing the power post dragging along, disconnect utilizes.
Mariol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 04:50 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
While I know there are probably good lists out there just be aware the order of the steps change between different makes and models. For some you want the engine started to pull in slides, for others you CANT have the engine started and operate the slides. I’ve seen slides first then jacks, or jacks to level THEN slides.
Just compare whatever list you start with to your manufacturers’ recommendations.
Old 01-25-2022, 06:36 PM   #4

Pre-flight checklist

Attached please find my checklist developed over many years operating aircraft, a boat and rv's.

Two files one complete check list and other is arrival sequence for slides, airbag bleed, and leveling.

Wishing you fair winds and down hill grades.

Regards.. and happy miles...The Balladeer
Attached Files
File Type: pdf COACH ARRIVAL OPERATION.pdf (197.7 KB, 52 views)
File Type: doc COACH FULL CHECKLIST.DOC (38.0 KB, 67 views)
Balladeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 08:57 AM   #5

Don’t be afraid of making Post-It notes to help you develop a routine. Doesn’t take much to get interrupted and forget something. We have pink/blue jobs but we do cross check each other to be sure. And don’t be in a hurry.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 09:21 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
At the Tampa show Entegra gave out arrival and departure checklists. Very helpful and professionally done. I suggest you contact Entegra's service line and ask that one be sent to you. If they don't know what you want, ask to speak to PJ, as he is the one who gave them out.

Very important: On any Entegra diesel coach the slides must only be moved (in OR out) with the chassis at full ride height. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise as this is different from the procedure with many other brands and other brand owners may think it is wrong.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 11:10 AM   #7

we have apps on our phone called Rvchecklist, gotta get in the habit of using it now, last trip door awing was still out, wife saw it but wasn't looking for it.
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 06:37 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balladeer View Post
Attached please find my checklist developed over many years operating aircraft, a boat and rv's.

Two files one complete check list and other is arrival sequence for slides, airbag bleed, and leveling.

Wishing you fair winds and down hill grades.

Regards.. and happy miles...The Balladeer

Thanks for sharing your checklist. I’m comparing it to mine to see if I’ve missed anything.
Your color coding for air tank draining is a nice touch but does not match the Spartan sequence of GRAY-GREEN-RED

For newbies I would recommend adding Set High Idle to fill air bags after engine start per the Entegra list

On the arrival list I would move “Set Parking Brake” to first item ahead of “Disconnect tow vehicle” and for newbies reading this, ensure steer wheels are straight.

Purely a matter of choice but since most of my travel is in warm climates I like to connect power ASAP on arrival so A/C arcana start and leave power connected until everything else ready for departure v
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 07:55 AM   #9

We have a little "Last Minute Checklist" about 2" x 4" that is laminated and has a loop so it hangs on a peg near the passenger seat. It is for those little items that, if missed, might cost us a lot of money, not to mention delays and misery.

Car in Neutral / Brake OFF / Lights checked
Leveling in Travel Mode / Jacks Raised
TV / Satellite Dish Antennas down
Ham Antenna down
Pocket door latched
Pots & pans & pantry cupboards latched

Those are the biggies, in our opinion. Missing most others will just result in inconvenience or frustration.

We have another we use in the same way. It hangs on a peg by the door. It is the Electrical Shut-down Checklist.

Refrigerator OFF
Tire Monitor Unplugged
Basement bay thermostat OFF (If below 40° expected)
Both battery disconnects OFF
RO Membranes removed for refrigerated storage
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 11:14 AM   #10

Checklist amended

Butte64,

I have amended and attached my check list as per your suggestions.. well taken.

thanks, the Balladeer
Attached Files
File Type: doc COACH FULL CHECKLIST.DOC (39.0 KB, 28 views)
Balladeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 01:06 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Thanks for sharing your checklist. I’m comparing it to mine to see if I’ve missed anything.
Your color coding for air tank draining is a nice touch but does not match the Spartan sequence of GRAY-GREEN-RED

For newbies I would recommend adding Set High Idle to fill air bags after engine start per the Entegra list

On the arrival list I would move “Set Parking Brake” to first item ahead of “Disconnect tow vehicle” and for newbies reading this, ensure steer wheels are straight.

Purely a matter of choice but since most of my travel is in warm climates I like to connect power ASAP on arrival so A/C arcana start and leave power connected until everything else ready for departure v
I've been out of the RV for a long time, can you refresh my memory on high idle. I remember it had to do with Cruse control.
Mariol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 03:10 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariol View Post
I've been out of the RV for a long time, can you refresh my memory on high idle. I remember it had to do with Cruse control.
On the steering wheel, left side, with the engine running turn cruse control "on" push the "cruise" button, it will fast idle at 1,000 RPM's.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 03:43 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
And you can use the set and resume buttons to adjust the high idle up or down.
Later...
Ray
RayandWendy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 05:38 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
On the steering wheel, left side, with the engine running turn cruse control "on" push the "cruise" button, it will fast idle at 1,000 RPM's.
That should read "resume" instead of "cruise".. Think one thing, tying another.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light