Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2018, 08:42 AM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Have your bank - or his - handle the transaction. When the deal is set, get a payoff letter from your loan (then can email or fax so you can get it quickly). At closing, the buyer will electronically send the money to your loan and the balance to the account of your selection. Your loan holder should be able to acknowledge receipt and confirm a release of title - some will do it in writing. That should satisfy your buyer and you. We were fortunate - our loan was at the same bank we used for all our accounts so it made for a very smooth transaction. Be cautious - we had a buyer want to pay us with a check, said his bank didn't do electronic transfers. BS. It was an attempted scam. Real buyers do not have any objection to transferring money. We actually had a buyer who put a deposit down by using Walmart to Walmart cash. We didn't even know that existed. It does and it's pretty darn slick. Your other alternative would be to ask a local dealer to do a "dealer assist." Most will do that - particularly if the buyer needs financing. They can get the finance income, charge you a small fee, and your buyer can have the confidence that everything is above board.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2018, 09:59 PM   #30

Assuming I go the route of having money wired to the bank where my loan is (I'm under water so will have to pay off part of it as well), that will release the title, but what other paper work needs to be done.

Is it just a bill of sale that the new buyer uses to get the title? To be honest, I haven't bought or sold a car that wasn't through a dealership in several decades, so I have no idea on what's needed to transfer title and the like.

I'm planning to take some pictures of my ACE this weekend and post it on Thor Forums and RVTrader, but I'm still not clear on exactly what steps are needed to transfer ownership to the new buyer once I sell it.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:53 PM   #31

You will likely need to pay it off ahead of time and have the title and lien release from your mortgage holder in hand before a buyer will be able to hand over the money. All JMHO but what I have always done to sell an RV private treaty. You might want to use an escrow agent to hold the title until you know the money is good then release the title to the seller.
Old 06-30-2018, 04:27 AM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
My previous sales was to a Canadian buyer, so we had to deal with an out of country transfer. I took my title to my bank so they could verify to his bank in Canada that the title was clear. He was paying cash, but he used his bank in Canada to handle the wire transfer to my bank and receive the title. Once the title was received, 2 days Fed Ex, and the bill of sale emailed, he was able to obtain a temp tag from Canada to transport the MH. Basically we both used our own banks to be our escrow agents. Both were very experience with vehicle sales and transfers

On my current sale we used my dealer NIRVC to handle the transfer and title work. A $500. charge, the buyer was very comfortable, and the sale showed as a trade in in lowering my sales tax on the new purchase. Check with your dealer and see if they offer that service.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sell