Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2014, 03:13 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
CS says it also may not come up to ride height if you retract jacks before airing up.

My observation on ride height is from a 6'3" perspective standing a couple feet from the coach. I make sure I can see at least the outside edge of the top of the tread before we get underway. If I bent over level and looked the edge of the fender probably would be at least near the top of the tire.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2014, 03:24 PM   #16

CS says it also may not come up to ride height if you retract jacks before airing up.

If I wasn't clear in my previous post that's what I was saying. Start engine let air pressure come up then hit retract with engine still running. Mine has never failed to air up. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:59 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
I get your meaning and your intent. I'm also a guy who sees the glass half full and wants to enjoy the coach. What is aggravating to me is paying around a third of a million dollars and then experiencing these quality control issues. A six sigma program could really help Entegra. They are better than most, but they could be great.
Pat Bauer and I are trying to get FMCA t get on board with some type of statement on Quality assurance and quality control to the industry...quality is certainly not just an Entegra issue. The whole industry seems to think that post-production quality control by the first owner is the appropriate control point. While Six Sigma has started to lose its luster as a quality assurance process, it doesn't lessen the need for in process quality control.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:22 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Noel,
That is how I am doing it I just think I am nervous with the new coach.
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:54 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravens2012 View Post
Noel,
That is how I am doing it I just think I am nervous with the new coach.
Not a problem. We have all been there in one way or the other.
If you have a question or problem someone on here has probably had it before, and all of us are glad to help when we can. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:41 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
I won't even go into the long list of problems I have had since trying to take delivery in Feb. After a month of testing and passing the buck, Spartan and Meritor, the rear end supplier finally agreed to replace the rear end today. What a bunch of run a round! I cannot blame Entegra as most of my problems have been outside suppliers....but I will say this, not trying to offend the Entegra loyalist, but my Entegra is not a Travel Supreme....yet. I can say this, if it wasn't for Entegra's CS, and making everything right, I would have been at my attorneys office a long time ago.

It was my MH that had the pulsating steering at 45 MPH that Spartan used to figure out the steering fix. It is out and your dealer can call Charlie Fisher or Scott Wixson at Spartan regarding the fix. Good luck with your bugs and hope they do not last as long as mine have.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:50 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck, great to hear that the rearend is finally getting a resolution. It has been a difficult process, but your perseverance has paid off.
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:57 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in FL View Post
Chuck, great to hear that the rearend is finally getting a resolution. It has been a difficult process, but your perseverance has paid off.
Thanks for the kind words Bill, but the owner of a brand new MH shouldn't have to go though this, nor should the companies expect an owner to put up with such non-sense. I hope my major problems helps the OP feel a little better.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:37 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Thanks for the kind words Bill, but the owner of a brand new MH shouldn't have to go though this, nor should the companies expect an owner to put up with such non-sense. I hope my major problems helps the OP feel a little better.
They do. I appreciate all the comments. I'm not a negative guy. And I will work this out. My Anthem is ours for the long haul. I just wish they would do a better job making their coaches. I want quality. I'll hang with them as long as it takes.
Hooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:57 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
I totally agree about the quality control......I had none the way my coach was delivered. Like you, I have been very patient but after 5 months it is starting to get a little old of back to the factory and back to the shops.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:02 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I won't even go into the long list of problems I have had since trying to take delivery in Feb. After a month of testing and passing the buck, Spartan and Meritor, the rear end supplier finally agreed to replace the rear end today. What a bunch of run a round! I cannot blame Entegra as most of my problems have been outside suppliers....but I will say this, not trying to offend the Entegra loyalist, but my Entegra is not a Travel Supreme....yet. I can say this, if it wasn't for Entegra's CS, and making everything right, I would have been at my attorneys office a long time ago.

It was my MH that had the pulsating steering at 45 MPH that Spartan used to figure out the steering fix. It is out and your dealer can call Charlie Fisher or Scott Wixson at Spartan regarding the fix. Good luck with your bugs and hope they do not last as long as mine have.

Chuck, glad to hear that Spartan is finally going to get your problem resolved. It should never take that long to get things rolling but I have and still have the the same slow response or no response from Spartan on different issues. What really bothers me is what will Spartans response time be if you have an issue on the road? We're departing on a 2 month trip and I hope I don't find the answer to that question. Steve
C310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:26 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Steve, that is what is so surprising about Spartan. When the TS was new and I had a minor problem while traveling, Spartan wouldn't even let me drive it 30 miles for service. They insisted on sending a tow truck. I hope the road service is just as good as it once was. I know they have sure slipped in the QC department.