Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2017, 05:18 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeg View Post
Yep, Beaver, relatively painless and a nice discount from MSRP plus they met MHSRV trade quote. When did you order yours?
We talked with Beaver, and came close to a deal..really seemed like great folks...
We ordered ours from NIRV March 1st..ship date says July 9th(assume the date it leaves the factory?)...but with the PDI in Phx, I am guessing the middle or late July before we get to drive away with it
jeffnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2017, 06:02 PM   #16

Whoa, I ordered 6 weeks after you and my salesman is telling me the end of July. He first said 8-12 weeks. I wonder if I'm getting my leg pulled. I hope not as we're raising grand kids that have to be in school in late August. The salesman said we should get some firm dates early next week. We'll see.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:32 PM   #17

Quote:
Whoa, I ordered 6 weeks after you and my salesman is telling me the end of July. He first said 8-12 weeks. I wonder if I'm getting my leg pulled. I hope not as we're raising grand kids that have to be in school in late August. The salesman said we should get some firm dates early next week. We'll see.
Maybe they had a W on order already?..and modified it to your order?
I could have shortened my delivery if I had picked a coach they had on order, that would allow for some minor changes,... Some things can be changed during the build process, and some cant, our changes required a new order
Did they send you a build sheet from the factory, that requires your blessing on the configuration and options?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SnipImage.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	159658  
Old 04-25-2017, 07:34 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Dan, electrician labor at your home rate. I just had the outside electrical 8 circuit breaker service panel for my pool equipment, boat lift, yard lights etc replaced by a licensed electrical company. I just got the bill today, labor for all of that work was only $239. All of that wiring, changing the box and new breakers was 2.5 hours of labor. Big difference from a dealer charging 5 hours to wire a simple EMS. Good time for getting my invoice today.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:08 PM   #19

Jeff

No build sheet yet although DW tried to change the cabinets from Natural Cherry to Tuscan Cherry and was told its too late. We'll see what happens next week.

Chuck

I emphasized delivery ASAP. I'm sure if he had a W in the pipeline he would have told me about it. I've got a long time client who is an electrician and he installed 50 amp power for me next to the house so I may at least have him remove the surge protector. I'm sure installation can wait until I get back.

Interestingly, I talked to the shop manager and questioned him about the 5 hour install. He'd been around since Beaver sold Beavers and had no trouble whatsoever w/ the 5 hour charge even though I complained loud and hard. He blamed it on the power cord reel. At least he's been put on notice that I'll be watching. And I asked for written estimates for all work he'll be doing on both coaches in the future. I don't think I endeared myself to him.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:01 AM   #20

Seeg, our delivery was bumped this morning to June15th..sounds like production was kicked up a notch
Old 04-26-2017, 08:09 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnjen View Post
Maybe they had a W on order already?..and modified it to your order?
I could have shortened my delivery if I had picked a coach they had on order, that would allow for some minor changes,... Some things can be changed during the build process, and some cant, our changes required a new order
Did they send you a build sheet from the factory, that requires your blessing on the configuration and options?

The lead time on a new coach build is 4 months, start to finish. So anything shorter than that is, as you say, already in the pipeline. To actually order a coach, you have to have the interior picked and a floor plan, since those are the first things to be laid out. Any changes to those during the build process is difficult. Paint on the other hand is one of the last things to be done so changing that can be accomplished pretty far into the process.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:17 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnjen View Post
Seeg, our delivery was bumped this morning to June15th..sounds like production was kicked up a notch
Jeff

That must have come as quite a surprise. Another month and a half to enjoy your coach. Cool!!!
Old 04-26-2017, 09:26 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
The lead time on a new coach build is 4 months, start to finish. So anything shorter than that is, as you say, already in the pipeline. To actually order a coach, you have to have the interior picked and a floor plan, since those are the first things to be laid out. Any changes to those during the build process is difficult. Paint on the other hand is one of the last things to be done so changing that can be accomplished pretty far into the process.
We changed the interior colors last week and were somewhat surprised we couldn't change the cabinets as they had already started working on them. Seems rather fast but we'll take it. Maybe our dealer did have a production slot? I suspect my salesman will get tired of hearing from me before this is over.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:03 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
We changed the interior colors last week and were somewhat surprised we couldn't change the cabinets as they had already started working on them. Seems rather fast but we'll take it. Maybe our dealer did have a production slot? I suspect my salesman will get tired of hearing from me before this is over.
Yup, a lot of the cabinetry goes in before the walls go up, it's very early in the process. The floor tile is done after the cabinets are in!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 03:42 PM   #25

I did the install myself; it took me all of 5 minutes. 4 minutes walking around the coach to get the lock 🔐 and open the packaging).

The best part, if needed, I can replace it in less than 5 minutes next time as the locks are out of that heavy plastic packaging. 😀

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1493242691.780963.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  104.7 KB

"Finally"

2014 Aspire
2016 MX5 toad (trailered)

Sent from somewhere in the USA
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:27 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I work at a dealership and asked my Service Manager. If you came in and asked us to do it he said he would charge 2-3 hours depending on where you wanted it.

If you bought that type of coach from us we would do it for no charge.
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:12 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
I work at a dealership and asked my Service Manager. If you came in and asked us to do it he said he would charge 2-3 hours depending on where you wanted it.

If you bought that type of coach from us we would do it for no charge.
That is consistent with what others have said. I don't feel that we've resolved the issue yet. Our Anthem will get serviced there and the dealership will deliver the new Cornerstone so I will have my opportunities. Sometimes these things are best worked out face to face rather than through emails or telephone calls.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:06 AM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Easy Install

I installed a hard wire unit on my 2017 Aspire. It took about 2 hours because I removed the cord wheel. I put the surge unit on the back wall under the transfer switch. The remote is located near the bay door. I did not cut the pig tail from the cord reel so I had to buy about 4' of 6 gauge 4 wire (3' would probably work but I rather have extra than come up short). I did this so I can remove the unit should I want to upgrade coaches. The only place I could find the wire was at an electrical supply house. Finding the wire was the most challenging part of the install.

I would love to install these units at 4 hours labor. 10 units a week would not be bad pocket change!
rorr1821 is offline   Reply With Quote