Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2018, 07:57 PM   #85

My two 30# tanks are not difficult to remove. I take one or both in the back of my truck to a local independent propane outfit that has a good price. Once full they are a bit heavy so I have the DW or a neighbor help me lift them back into their compartments in the 5'er.
hclarkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2018, 08:44 PM   #86

And for what it’s worth, the propane businesses may have good prices at their shop.
Old 11-23-2018, 06:00 AM   #87

Most flying J/Pilot truck stops can do it.
Maverick_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 06:26 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
In my area Tractor Supply has the best price, $2.69 a gallon, U Haul the highest at $3.99 a gallon. LP is priced regionally, it is much less up north than FL.
New to RVing (again). When we stopped 12 years ago propane was sold by the pound hence 20 lb and 30 lb bottles. Attendant would weigh the tank, fill it, weigh it again and charge you by weight. Apparently some time after we left they started selling by volume. So approximately how many gallons fit in a 30 lb bottle? Obviously I have not had to visit a propane fill station yet.

Thanks, Friz
frizfreleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 06:54 AM   #89

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gslindy View Post
I have a 2013 Aspire and will need to refill the propane tank soon. I'd like to do it myself and am looking for any info I can get.
Ace Hardware is a good place
msethna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 07:31 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizfreleng View Post
New to RVing (again). When we stopped 12 years ago propane was sold by the pound hence 20 lb and 30 lb bottles. Attendant would weigh the tank, fill it, weigh it again and charge you by weight. Apparently some time after we left they started selling by volume. So approximately how many gallons fit in a 30 lb bottle? Obviously I have not had to visit a propane fill station yet.

Thanks, Friz
7 gallons fit in a 30 lb cylinder.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 07:33 AM   #91

Propane refill

When I'm at home in the winter and not winterized, I set a full 20 pound tank upside down on a small table and connect it to the motorhome tank. My local propane supplier made me a hose to connect the two tanks. That way the small tank empties first and is easily replaced with a full one. Use gloves!
dhwort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 09:47 AM   #92

Spartan Chassis
Pumps

I did not use any but thought I saw some propane pumps at gas stations . I thought I saw RVs pull up and fill it themselves?
maddogrdhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 09:53 AM   #93

Don't take a chance.

You need special fittings to do a refill. Propane vendors/service personal are EXTREMLY, EXTREMLY,RELUCTANT to sell fittings to non-propane service people. It’s only the cost of propane at a vendor to refill. Don’t take a chance.
duncjimdunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 01:27 PM   #94

I was paying $1.60 a gallon in Oregon. I think we've being ripped off down South.
buntina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 06:56 PM   #95

Southern States Stores

Here in the central east these guys usually have the best price.

Sudsy
Old 11-23-2018, 09:11 PM   #96

All this talk about LP prices is Pointless!!!

When you're in Rome and your tanks run dry...
Off to town searching for LP to buy...
You pull up with tanks ready to fill...
And suffer a coronary when you're handed the bill...

You stagger up to the counter ready to pay...
But not so ready for what the cutie will say...
You know you're in Rome buying LP I see...
That'll be $37.50, make the check out to me.

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 05:27 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizfreleng View Post

Thanks, Friz
7 gal. I buy at BJ's and Tractor Supply. You pay for gal pumped.
Old 11-24-2018, 05:13 PM   #98

LPG Tank Refill Issue

I have a 10 yr old 27ft Coach House motorhome with permanently installed tank and decided to refill tank for the first time. The fridge and stove work just fine and no apparent leaks in the system. My tank level lights show tank is half full, but I wanted to fill tank before a trip and familiarize myself with procedure. When I tried to refill, I pushed in the " electric fill switch" next to the fill port and attendant at Ace hardware hooked up the hose and started to fill tank. After putting in only a couple of quarts, large plumes of gas vapor billowed out from under the coach and attendant shut off the flow. Tank gauge still showed only half full. Any ideas on why tank would not fill? After pushing in the fill switch, I also turned off the battery switch on the house bank to ensure nothing in the coach could cause a spark. I don't know whether I have a maintenance issue or maybe technique of Ace attendant was faulty. Does the house battery bank need to be on for filling? What do you think?? Greg
svcattales is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane